Mess-free car snacks: do they exist?

Old September 10th 03, 07:56 PM
Cheg

Default Mess-free car snacks: do they exist?

Hi

Has anyone here found the ultimate, mess-free (or relatively so) snack to
give to a child in a car?

If so, please share!

Thanks

--
Alex

cheg_uevara"AT"hotmail"DOT"com

Old September 10th 03, 08:18 PM
Scott Lindstrom

Cheg wrote:
Hi

Has anyone here found the ultimate, mess-free (or relatively so) snack to
give to a child in a car?

If so, please share!

String cheese, or cheese curds. Not completely mess-free,
but close. No crumbs, and if they are dropped, you just
pick up dry cheese in a day/week/month/year.

Alas, my kids only eat fresh curds, which can't be
bought at the grocery store.

Scott DD 10 DS 7

Old September 10th 03, 10:52 PM
Michael Hamm

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 15:18:53 EDT, Scott Lindstrom
wrote, in part:
Has anyone here found the ultimate, mess-free (or relatively so) snack
to give to a child in a car? snip

String cheese

Yes, indeed. Also, not from experience, I'd imagine most raw vegetables
(carrots, cut and seeded peppers, celery sans leaves, etc.) are okay.

Michael Hamm
BA scl Math, PBK, NYU

http://www.math.wustl.edu/~msh210/

Old September 10th 03, 10:53 PM
Karen G

That is a tall order. Prior to the age of two, it is amazing what is
messy. I think one of my kids made a mess with noodles (without sauce)
that took and hour to clean up.

Anyway, I have had the most success with icey drinks from about 18
months or so. Jamba Juice has always been a very popular choice. Fruit
leather is also a good choice.

Overall I try to minimize snacks in the car for safety
reasons--particuarly when it is just the kids and I. Most foods pose
some kind of choking risk and I am a bit paranoid about the possibility
of having to stop the car to administer the heimlich maneuver.

Karen K

Old September 11th 03, 06:15 PM
Penny Gaines

Cheg wrote in :

Hi

Has anyone here found the ultimate, mess-free (or relatively so) snack to
give to a child in a car?

Water to drink: if it gets spilt it (probably) won't stain, and won't
be sticky when it dries. They will drink it, if they are used to having
it in the car.

--
Penny Gaines
UK mum to three

Old September 12th 03, 04:14 AM
Robyn Kozierok

In article ,
Cheg wrote:
Hi

Has anyone here found the ultimate, mess-free (or relatively so) snack to
give to a child in a car?

If so, please share!

Fruit leather is not bad, just a bit sticky. You just have to do something
with the wrappers.

--Robyn (mommy to Ryan 9/93 and Matthew 6/96 and Evan 3/01)

Old September 12th 03, 08:24 AM
chiam margalit

Karen G wrote in message . ..
That is a tall order. Prior to the age of two, it is amazing what is
messy. I think one of my kids made a mess with noodles (without sauce)
that took and hour to clean up.

Anyway, I have had the most success with icey drinks from about 18
months or so. Jamba Juice has always been a very popular choice. Fruit
leather is also a good choice.

Oh my lord, have you ever had to mop up a Jamba Juice smoothie out of
cloth upholstery? That would be about the LAST thing I would
recommend. They are soooo sticky! And you can't get them out of the
cloth seats so the smell gets kind of putrid and starts to attract
fruit flies.

Can you tell I've btdt? :-)

I've totally given up on having a clean car. It's impossible. Get
floor mats, cover the seats with towels (thich ones), and wash the
towels when they get particularly disgusting. Keep the car until it
dies. Then throw it out. :-)

Marjorie

Old September 12th 03, 02:27 PM
Robyn Kozierok

In article ,
chiam margalit wrote:

I've totally given up on having a clean car. It's impossible. Get
floor mats, cover the seats with towels (thich ones), and wash the
towels when they get particularly disgusting. Keep the car until it
dies. Then throw it out. :-)

Washable rubber-backed bath mats make a great seat cover with
little kids in the car. They're waterproof.

--Robyn

Dairy Free Diet ?? Hip Mama General 7 February 21st 04 03:45 PM
Stop killing Innocent Puppies! (Petition) The Puppy Wizard General 0 October 10th 03 06:59 PM
Free Fall Online Creative Lesson Planning Newsletters AMONCO General 0 September 24th 03 02:11 AM
Food allergy ideas? toto General 20 September 13th 03 11:03 PM
Mess-free car snacks: do they exist? Cheg General 6 September 11th 03 12:55 PM