Denver Developmental Chart

Old August 18th 03, 08:32 AM
toto

Default Denver Developmental Chart

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 07:16:54 GMT, "P. Tierney"
wrote:

BTW, the chart that I refer to is URL'ed below. Sorry about the
lengthy link:

To make a long link not wrap try this

http://hrsbstaff.ednet.ns.ca/waymac/...ntal_Chart.htm

Of use one of the urls that makes shorter links:

http://tinyurl.com/

http://www.makeashorterlink.com/index.php

http://www.snipurl.com/

The long link at snipurl becomes
http://snurl.com/22wu

--
Dorothy

Outer Limits
Old August 18th 03, 05:03 PM
P. Tierney

"Robyn Kozierok" wrote:

I believe the test is well-respected and widely-used. It was normed on
2000 Colorado children, apparently representative of the population of
Colorado at the time.

However, when looking at the chart yourself, it may not be clear that
some of the items refer to very specific tasks, using a specific set of
materials and it would not be obvious how to assess them without the
training manual's description. That a given child can or can't do

something
that sounds like an item on the chart is not necessarily a useful piece
of information.

Some items in particular are vague. "Put on clothing" is listed, while
later "dress with no help is". Therefore, the degree to which on can do
the former requires a bit of definition. If anyone is aware of where the
training manual's description can be seen, please send it along.

btw, the presence of the chart on the web is probably a copyright

violation.

Could be, I can't say if the site that I linked had permission or not.
Thx.

P. Tierney

Old August 19th 03, 12:31 AM
Kim R.

P. Tierney wrote in message

"Robyn Kozierok" wrote:

[...]

I have the training manual in my office as I use the Denver quite often in
my work. There are quite extensive descriptions for each question and the
physical materials (bell, baby doll, etc) are standardized. I can look up
the clothing question for you and let you know.

Another (and I feel more accurate in terms of charting development)
developmental chart is the Ages and Stages Questionnaire. They look at
things like communication, social skills, problem solving, etc and are done
through parental report and activities performed by the child. They are
conducted at 2 month increments starting in the 4th month. I can get you
more info if you're interested.

Kim R.

Old August 19th 03, 07:20 AM
P. Tierney

"Kim R." wrote:

Some items in particular are vague. "Put on clothing" is listed,

while
later "dress with no help is". Therefore, the degree to which on can do
the former requires a bit of definition. If anyone is aware of where

the
training manual's description can be seen, please send it along.

I have the training manual in my office as I use the Denver quite often in
my work. There are quite extensive descriptions for each question and the
physical materials (bell, baby doll, etc) are standardized. I can look up
the clothing question for you and let you know.

That would be of interest, thanks. Is the manual something that is
easily accessible (such as a bookstore or website), or is it something that
one only within the profession is likely to have?

Another (and I feel more accurate in terms of charting development)
developmental chart is the Ages and Stages Questionnaire. They look at
things like communication, social skills, problem solving, etc and are

done
through parental report and activities performed by the child. They are
conducted at 2 month increments starting in the 4th month. I can get you
more info if you're interested.

Yes, I'm quite interested in exploring all of this information. Please
drop me a mail about the ASQ when you get the chance. No hurry.
Thanks.

P.
Tierney