I'm huge, huge, huge (rantish)

Old August 29th 05, 10:33 PM
Anonymama

Default I'm huge, huge, huge (rantish)

I'll be nine weeks along tomorrow, and I already feel huge. My clothes
barely fit. At this rate I'll be in those hideous jeans with the pouch
by October. Bah!
--
my fried egg makes me sick first thing in the morning

The Barnacle (October 2002)
TK (due early April, 06)
Old August 29th 05, 10:50 PM
Cat

Anonymama skrev:
I'll be nine weeks along tomorrow, and I already feel huge. My clothes
barely fit. At this rate I'll be in those hideous jeans with the pouch
by October. Bah!

I grew much quicker the second time around, too.

Tine, Denmark
Old August 29th 05, 10:55 PM
Grymma

Cat wrote:
Anonymama skrev:
I'll be nine weeks along tomorrow, and I already feel huge. My clothes
barely fit. At this rate I'll be in those hideous jeans with the pouch
by October. Bah!

I grew much quicker the second time around, too.

Third time round for me now, and it's like my belly muscles metaphorically
threw their hands in the air and said 'sod this' - and gave up the ghost
totally right from the start. I was in preggie jeans by week 10. Now with 10
days to go, it almost seems like the last 6 weeks or so has seen barely any
increase in size, just 'solidity' to my bump, iykwim. My back hasn't ached
this time around though, so that's a blessing :-) Wish I could say the same
for the creaky old pelvis though - it's getting very achy and painful now...

--
Grymma AFPOh Goddess Of Hangovers; B.F.(use 'reply to')
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs

Old August 30th 05, 12:27 AM
Anonymama

In article ,
"Grymma" wrote:

Cat wrote:
Anonymama skrev:
I'll be nine weeks along tomorrow, and I already feel huge. My clothes
barely fit. At this rate I'll be in those hideous jeans with the pouch
by October. Bah!

I grew much quicker the second time around, too.

Sigh... I wanted to keep it a secret for a while, but it looks like I'll
be telling people pretty soon.

Third time round for me now, and it's like my belly muscles metaphorically
threw their hands in the air and said 'sod this' - and gave up the ghost
totally right from the start. I was in preggie jeans by week 10. Now with 10
days to go, it almost seems like the last 6 weeks or so has seen barely any
increase in size, just 'solidity' to my bump, iykwim.

That's what happened with me the first time. I was thin, then suddenly
pregnant, then suddenly more pregnant and stayed that way. (Partly that
was because he was transverse and his growth didn't show.)
--
accompanied by TK, number two, due in April of 2006
Old August 30th 05, 02:46 AM
stasya

I had a lady make a remark to me the other day. (A regular to our
family-owned restaurant.) "Wow, you're getting pretty big already!"
Ahem. Geez I'm only halfway along, 22 weeks or so. Thanks lady. You're
kinda chubby yourself. But I just smiled and said with each pregnancy I
gain 65 to 70 lbs, I'm ok with that, and (so far) it all comes off. I
heard gossip last time that a local lady didn't think that my pregnancy
weight would ever come off. Talk about motivation!

Stasya

Old August 30th 05, 05:04 AM
Cuddlefish

"stasya" wrote in message
ups.com...
I had a lady make a remark to me the other day. (A regular to our
family-owned restaurant.) "Wow, you're getting pretty big already!"
Ahem. Geez I'm only halfway along, 22 weeks or so. Thanks lady. You're
kinda chubby yourself. But I just smiled and said with each pregnancy I
gain 65 to 70 lbs, I'm ok with that, and (so far) it all comes off. I
heard gossip last time that a local lady didn't think that my pregnancy
weight would ever come off. Talk about motivation!

I had a neighbour ask me if I had my baby the other day. That was sad... ;-)

--
Jacqueline
#1 Son Born 10th August 2005

Old August 30th 05, 09:06 PM
maya

"I had a lady make a remark to me the other day. (A regular to our
family-owned restaurant.) "Wow, you're getting pretty big already!"
Ahem. Geez I'm only halfway along, 22 weeks or so. Thanks lady. You're
kinda chubby yourself. But I just smiled and said with each pregnancy I
gain 65 to 70 lbs, I'm ok with that, and (so far) it all comes off. I
heard gossip last time that a local lady didn't think that my pregnancy
weight would ever come off. Talk about motivation! "

That is so mean. You should have asked her how far along is she.

Old August 31st 05, 01:32 AM
oregonchick

"Anonymama" wrote in message
I'll be nine weeks along tomorrow, and I already feel huge. My clothes
barely fit. At this rate I'll be in those hideous jeans with the pouch
by October. Bah!
--
my fried egg makes me sick first thing in the morning

The Barnacle (October 2002)
TK (due early April, 06)

If this is your second, don't be alarmed, I'm told this is normal... I am 6
months pregnant with my second, and at 8 weeks, I took my first shopping
trip to Motherhood Maternity because nothing fit. I recently had round 2
shopping because I have since grown out of my first maternity clothes. Yes,
I feel huge. But I haven't gained all that much, about 20 lbs. It is
ALLLLL in the belly and boobs! I measured my thigh/hips/upper arm
circumfrence and was happy to discover I am still very near my pre-pregnancy
measurements in these areas.

Go with the flow!