Husband Pays Child Support for his son who was legaly adopted by sum1 else

Old May 13th 07, 04:19 PM posted to alt.child-support
April Bruce

Default Husband Pays Child Support for his son who was legaly adopted by sum1 else

Ok my New husband is paying for a child (Child #1) that has been
legaly adopted by another man, He was married to that childs mother
and pays $150 monthly.
So since Child #1 has a new father and his legaly adopted, Should my
Husband be paying for that Child?

Also he has a son (Child #2) by another women who he was not married
to he pays $300 but the big thing there was that HER mother has the
child, SHE has no visitation rights to the child had been charged with
abuse and neglect as the child was taken away by DFS(Department of
Family Services). My husband was accused of the neglect too, but all
charges were droped. The mother for child #2 dose not pay child
support and does not have visitation rights, So should my husband be
paying less because the mother pays nothing? SHouldn't the child
support be split?

Old May 13th 07, 06:01 PM posted to alt.child-support
Relayer

On May 13, 10:19�am, April Bruce wrote:
Ok my New husband is paying for a child (Child #1) that has been
legaly adopted by another man, He was married to that childs mother
and pays $150 monthly.
So since Child #1 has a new father and his legaly adopted, Should my
Husband be paying for that Child?

No

*Also he has a son (Child #2) by another women who he was not married
to he pays $300 but the big thing there was that HER mother has the
child, SHE has no visitation rights to the child had been charged with
abuse and neglect as the child was taken away by DFS(Department of
Family Services). My husband was accused of the neglect too, but all
charges were droped. The mother for child #2 dose not pay child
support and does not have visitation rights, So should my husband be
paying less because the mother pays nothing? SHouldn't the child
support be split?

Depends on your state

Old May 13th 07, 07:20 PM posted to alt.child-support
Gini

"April Bruce" wrote
Ok my New husband is paying for a child (Child #1) that has been
legaly adopted by another man, He was married to that childs mother
and pays $150 monthly.
So since Child #1 has a new father and his legaly adopted, Should my
Husband be paying for that Child?

==
Normally when a child is adopted, the adoptive parents assume full financial
responsibility. Has he filed a motion to discontinue support on "change of
circumstance?"
(More Below)
==

Also he has a son (Child #2) by another women who he was not married
to he pays $300 but the big thing there was that HER mother has the
child, SHE has no visitation rights to the child had been charged with
abuse and neglect as the child was taken away by DFS(Department of
Family Services). My husband was accused of the neglect too, but all
charges were droped. The mother for child #2 dose not pay child
support and does not have visitation rights, So should my husband be
paying less because the mother pays nothing? SHouldn't the child
support be split?

==
It depends on the controlling state's child support guidelines and the
particulars of
grandparent custody. The grandparent has probably not filed
for support from the daughter/mom, and as long as the grandparents aren't
getting
welfare benefits for the child, the mother will probably not be required to
pay.
==

Old May 14th 07, 03:48 AM posted to alt.child-support
John Meyer[_2_]

April Bruce wrote:
Ok my New husband is paying for a child (Child #1) that has been
legaly adopted by another man, He was married to that childs mother
and pays $150 monthly.
So since Child #1 has a new father and his legaly adopted, Should my
Husband be paying for that Child?

No. Adoption is the renunciation of all parental rights and
responsibilites. Your husband should have signed a document to that
effect. If it doesn't exist, than the child wasn't legally adopted.
Old May 14th 07, 05:16 PM posted to alt.child-support
magnumpi83

On May 13, 10:48 pm, John Meyer wrote:
April Bruce wrote:
Ok my New husband is paying for a child (Child #1) that has been
legaly adopted by another man, He was married to that childs mother
and pays $150 monthly.
So since Child #1 has a new father and his legaly adopted, Should my
Husband be paying for that Child?

No. Adoption is the renunciation of all parental rights and
responsibilites. Your husband should have signed a document to that
effect. If it doesn't exist, than the child wasn't legally adopted.

As far as child #1 they are correct. Your husband would have had to
sign a paper giving up all his parental rights before that child could
be adopted.

Child #2. Why doesn't your husband take custody of him/her since the
court found the mother unfit and your husband's charges were dropped?
The courts usually want to give the child to a parent before a
grandparent. But the grandmother would have to request support from
her daughter if she wants her daughter to pay.

Old May 16th 07, 07:28 PM posted to alt.child-support
[email protected]

On May 13, 8:19 am, April Bruce wrote:
Ok my New husband is paying for a child (Child #1) that has been
legaly adopted by another man, He was married to that childs mother
and pays $150 monthly.
So since Child #1 has a new father and his legaly adopted, Should my
Husband be paying for that Child?

Also he has a son (Child #2) by another women who he was not married
to he pays $300 but the big thing there was that HER mother has the
child, SHE has no visitation rights to the child had been charged with
abuse and neglect as the child was taken away by DFS(Department of
Family Services). My husband was accused of the neglect too, but all
charges were droped. The mother for child #2 dose not pay child
support and does not have visitation rights, So should my husband be
paying less because the mother pays nothing? SHouldn't the child
support be split?

I'm going to be quite blunt cause I'm in that type of mood. Why on
earth would you get involved with a man that has two children with two
different women; apparently gave up one kid for adoption (although
it's questionable); was accused of child neglect; and doesn't have
custody of second kid although the child's mother was found unfit.

I'm just trying to wrap my brain around that scenario. Did u not see
the warning bells about this doozy of a relationship? What part of u
said "hmmm... this guy and his train wreck of a life is incredibly
sexy. I think I'll marry him and take on all his drama."

I'm just so curious as to why some women continually set themselves up
for failure and unneeded drama.

Old May 17th 07, 12:29 AM posted to alt.child-support
Dusty Steenbock

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Nice of you to stereotype all men like this. Personally, I have 3 kids by 3
different mothers. I didn't plan on this,or want It to be that way, but It
happened. I pay CS to all of them. Currently, I'm in a good, healthy
relationship and we are very happy together. Should I sounds some 'bells" to
warn my girlfriend?

Old May 17th 07, 10:22 PM posted to alt.child-support
[email protected]

On May 16, 11:28 am, wrote:
[...]

This reply ended up in my spam box:

April Bruce wrote:

Ok first my husband was 17 when he got married to Child #1's mom and
he had been Engaged to Child #2's mom for a year when she left him.
and the child neglect came from the face his 3 year old crawled
through an open window of the house and was found in the gated front
yard. and the Child thats 13 got taken away when he was surving in
the navy.

There has to be more to the neglect story than a kid crawling through
a window. Mothers aren't deemed unfit just for that and why would they
accuse him of neglect as well. How could his other kid get taken away
for adoption when he was serving? He would still have to sign away his
paternal rights.