Rants Of an Ex Deadbeat

Old March 5th 06, 02:15 AM posted to alt.child-support

Default Rants Of an Ex Deadbeat

As I sit in front of my computer an idea that's been formulating in my head
is finally getting some air time. I've decided that I needed to create some
kind of forum for dads to tell their stories about their experiences with
varying Child Support agencies and the measures to which they were
subjected. I do not advocate complete non-payment of child support in any
fashion but I do believe in "Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness" as
well as the laws governing "Due process of law" and "the protections against
unlawful seizure of property".Do these things sound familiar to you? Any
fairly educated person should recognize these basic tenets of the
Constitution Of the United States and how they "DO NOT" apply to child
support courts or how, because of the perceived "Deadbeat Dads" the bias of
the Child Support and HHS systems against Fathers these rights are trampled
in the ground battered and bleeding. Fathers who have been hit with high
child support payments because of a vindictive mother are forced to make
choices which many times put them outside the law. Many states use formulas
which do not take into account what the actual earnings are but what their
"Earning Potential" is. They are being forced to pay ruinous support based
off of what they "might" make.

In 1996 Congress in its wisdom passed into law, Title 42 U.S. Code Section
666(a) 9(c), commonly known as the "Bradley Amendment" ("the Amendment"), as
well as 22 CFR 51.70(a)(8) and Title 42 U.S. Code 652(k), the regulatory
statutes for passport revocation due to child support arrearages. This
landmark legislation took away the powers of the courts to amend, forgive,
or set aside any child support arrearages. In quite a few cases from around
the country even when it has been determined that the person paying support
IS NOT THE FATHER!!! Even the Supreme Court cannot affect changes needed to
bring this draconian law to heel. A challenge brought to the District Court
of Massachusetts has stated that they plaintiffs believe that this law
violates, at the least, the 5th and 9th amendments. If you have any sort of
influence with your congressional or senatorial incumbents it would behoove
you to write and write often asking for this law to be repealed. How can our
lawmakers stand by and allow the fathers of this country to be persecuted
like this?

Any high school kid can tell you that politics is all about money. Our
system allows candidates for president to spend upwards of 20-30 Million and
more to get a job that pays $275,000 a year. It's also about votes. For a
politician to come out in favor of legislation which would help those
fathers perceived as deadbeats would be akin to committing political
suicide. The feminist groups in the US have long fought for legislation that
is so obviously anti-father and anti-male would be all over the media side
by side with those liberal organizations which move with the wind in their
support of issues facing this country. Because the average person in this
country has no access to national outlets to tell their side of things the
public's perception is only what the media and special interest groups try
to make it. The spin doctors go to work with a buzz saw and the average
person is so bombarded with information and studies that they cant begin to
know which way is up. We fathers need help-who can we talk to??

I had the misfortune to have to have to go to the local child support office
where I live and while not really surprised to see blatant signs of
anti-father bias. Almost every poster and sign in the office was lecturing
dads about paying child support. There was nothing about mothers adhering to
ordered visitation, or about mothers keeping contact with the dads for the
kid's sake. Nope-it was all about the walking wallets that we fathers are
perceived as.
I felt like a criminal.
My story will be told later in the article but suffice it to say that its
taken me 9 years to get to a point where within the next 12 months im going
to be able to pay off everything I owe the State of Texas. When I asked to
speak with the someone in private the lady sitting behind 3" of
bulletproof glass(makes you wonder hmm) told me I had no choice but to tell
her what I wanted to speak to an attorney or case rep about. I don't know
about you but I don't like airing my business in a lobby. I was told I had
no choice. After I related what I wanted to speak with the person about she
came back and told me I would to speak with the head of the office and that
he wasn't in and would have to come back.
After leaving I decided that I would contact my local State Senator and see
if possibly I could explain what I was trying to and see if I could get some
help that way. I received a call back from the Senators office and the
gentlemen there while trying to be helpful told me I was basiclly ****ing in
the wind but promised to contact the local office. The next day I received a
call from the local office and spoke with a person whom while she was nice
did go out of her way to tell me "We will have to have some kind of cash
payment (big surprise there) and that the MOTHER!! Would have to agree!!!
This is a woman whom I haven't seen in 10 years and whom I cant stand to be
in the same room with. She only wanted child support in the first place
because she decided to go to school out of state. But I have to pay for that
right? So now I have to come up with 5k in cash and hope its enough combined
with all the supporting documentation to get the state to relase my passport
so I can go make 140k in a year and pay them off. From talking to them its
obvious to me that they would much rather keep me under heel.
But the mother has control. A Woman whom I have had no relationship with for
over 15 years is capable of affecting my life. It outrageous

Another great injustice of the whole system regardless of state is that
while the father has to pay his child support post tax the mother gets the
money with no strings-she doesn't have to report it-she doesn't have to
account for it and she damn sure isn't about to let go of 1 red cent. The
father could be living in a truck and she living in a mansion and they still
think that they bore a paycheck not a child.
The following is a quote from an online article I found while doing some
research. I think it sums things up nicely-and keep in mind that it's a
female DA quoted:
""Prison time seems to be the strongest enforcement tool we have," said
Theresa Ellison, lead attorney for the county Child Support Enforcement
Agency. "Our magistrates and judges are good about sending them to jail."
Damn!! I guess Ms Ellison forgets that when a man is in jail they earn no
wages. But this is a good punishment-poor old nasty man.Its just one quote
but its sums up pretty well the growing trend of enforcement techniques used
against fathers.

I appreciate any comment either for or against but please keep it civilized

Old March 5th 06, 06:38 AM posted to alt.child-support

"Sabotage 6" a@b wrote in message
As I sit in front of my computer an idea that's been formulating in my
head
is finally getting some air time. I've decided that I needed to create
some
kind of forum for dads to tell their stories about their experiences

We all know the story very well, so what's the solution?

Old March 5th 06, 02:20 PM posted to alt.child-support

[...]

[snip]

Pretty good rant, if I do say so.

If only there where politicians that had the same feeling and would take
action instead of pandering to the radfems...

Old March 7th 06, 01:58 AM posted to alt.child-support

"Father By Force" wrote in message news:cz4Pf.1747$zp2.91@trndny01...
Hey, man. You sound like me in 15 years. My ex-girlfriend of about a year and a half is 5 months pregnant with my kid.

Were you using your own birth control methods?

Old March 7th 06, 02:25 AM posted to alt.child-support

"Moon Shyne" wrote in

Were you using your own birth control methods?

I'm so glad you live a perfect life and don't make mistakes!

Old March 7th 06, 02:30 AM posted to alt.child-support

Make sure you get an attorney--DONT go into court by yourself and dont
accept **** the mediator tries to offer you. They are all about what they
can get for the mother. Unfortunatley unless you can prove that she got
pregnant on purpose to force this (Not a chance in hell you can prove it)
youre gonna be stuck. Make sure you request a DNA test just in case. From
what you wrote this bitch sounds scandelous anyhow. You never know. But beg,
borrow or stea to hire an attorney. You wont regret it. Make sure your
attorney
Also check online resources to see what NY takes for one child--its a set %
because all states presecribe to a federal formula.
Check out this website it may prove helpful. It looks like NY takes BOTH
incomes into account.
http://www.divorcelawinfo.com/states/ny/cal/NYCSC.html

"Father By Force" wrote in message
Hey, man. You sound like me in 15 years. My ex-girlfriend of about a year
and a half is 5 months pregnant with my kid. I told her the month before
she even found out that I didn't want to be a father. She didn't care. I
told her that I couldn't afford a child and plainly didn't want to be a
parent. She didn't care. It got to the point where I pleaded with her to
either put the child up for adoption or raise it and support it herself,
but she didn't care. I told her that if the roles were reversed, I'd never
force her like she was forcing me. She laughed. Now, suprisingly, she
doesn't understand why I don't want to continue our relationship. Now I'm
screwed. I live with my mother and won't be able to afford to live on my
own. I've talked with my girlfriend about the financial aspects and she
just casts my concerns aside, saying "You make more than me. I don't want
to hear it.". She feels entitled. My money is her's now and I have no
control over it. I'm so happy to think of dealing with her for the next
21 years(I live in NY). We all have to join together and change this
system. It's horrible. It's unfair and unconstitutional. It's too late for
me and all the other schmucks that this has already happened to, but we
have to change it for the coming generations of men like my son.

-Father By Force

News==----
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 100,000
Newsgroups

Old March 7th 06, 02:44 AM posted to alt.child-support

%
because all states presecribe to a federal formula.
Check out this website it may prove helpful. It looks like NY takes BOTH
incomes into account.
http://www.divorcelawinfo.com/states/ny/cal/NYCSC.html

While the advise to get an attorney is sound, the rest of the post above is
not.

There is no loophole for proving a woman got pregnant on purpose. There is
no federal formula for CS. And there is no set percentage that is required.

Old March 7th 06, 04:14 AM posted to alt.child-support

"Bob Whiteside" wrote in message nk.net...

[...]

(You will notice Bob I said "Not a chance in hell you can prove it")

There is
no federal formula for CS. And there is no set percentage that is required.

There are Federal Guidelines which all states must adhere to--Perhaps you should read this
Federal. 42 USC §§ 666, 667. 45 CFR §§ 302.56, 303.8
The federal Family Support Act of 1988 (Public Law No. 100-485) which has been reratified many times.

These are the mandated steps which ALL states must adhere to. They do not set forth a percentage for support but they do set a standard which the states have to meet in order to get the Federal Funding. This is what I was refering to. I think you need to do your research before posting like this again. Start with these keywords and have fun reading :

Federal Child Support Enforcement Amendments

Old March 7th 06, 04:18 AM posted to alt.child-support

The only bad information is the lack of information you and Bob both seem to
have.Do your research before you start flaming Gini.

And just so you have the right glass of water:

There are Federal Guidelines which all states must adhere to--Perhaps you
should read this
Federal. 42 USC §§ 666, 667. 45 CFR §§ 302.56, 303.8
The federal Family Support Act of 1988 (Public Law No. 100-485) which has
been reratified many times.

These are the mandated steps which ALL states must adhere to. They do not
set forth a percentage for support but they do set a standard which the
states have to meet in order to get the Federal Funding. This is what I was
refering to. I think you need to do your research before posting like this
again. Start with these keywords and have fun reading :

Federal Child Support Enforcement Amendments

"Gini" wrote in message

"Bob Whiteside" wrote

There is no loophole for proving a woman got pregnant on purpose. There
is
no federal formula for CS. And there is no set percentage that is
required.

==
More of the dangerously bad information coming through here lately...Must
be something in the water.

Old March 7th 06, 10:59 PM posted to alt.child-support

Thanks, man. Yeah, I already saw an attorney. I am glad about that. He
explained what I'm in for. Unfortunately, there's no out for me or anyone in
my situation. I just can't believe the law is like this. It's nuts. I wish I
would've gotten a vasectomy years ago. I'm planning on getting one. I can't
have this happen again.

-Father By Force