Healthy baby born to 11-year-old in Ukraine

Old January 26th 04, 01:06 AM
Jill

Default Healthy baby born to 11-year-old in Ukraine

wrote .

In 1993, an 8-year-old girl gave birth to a boy in
Guadalajara, Mexico, doctors there confirmed.

Oh my. I can't even comprehend this. This is tragic.

Old January 26th 04, 01:16 AM
Jody Pellerin

That's horrible. Holy God. That's like my little cousin getting pregnant.
Still in elementary school!
wrote in message
Healthy baby born to 11-year-old in Ukraine

The Associated Press

KIEV, Ukraine (January 23, 4:24 a.m. AST) - An 11-year-old
girl has given birth to a healthy baby boy, becoming
Ukraine's youngest mother on record, a newspaper reported
Thursday.
Surgeons at hospital No. 5 in the eastern city of Kharkiv
delivered the infant by Caesarean section Tuesday, the Fakty
daily said, citing the unidentified mother's doctor,
Valentyn Gryshchenko.

Both are in good health, but will remain in the hospital
under observation for a week. The baby weighed nearly 8 1/2
pounds.

The family of the sixth-grader refused to stop the pregnancy
and "put everything in the hands of fate," Gryshchenko was
quoted as saying.

The boy is expected to live at home with his mother and
grandmother.

The newborn's alleged father is a 26-year-old neighbor who
fled fearing criminal charges when he learned of the girl's
pregnancy, Fakty said. If convicted of having sexual
relations with a minor, he faces a maximum prison sentence
of three years.

The Guinness Book of World Records no longer keeps records
of young mothers.

Old January 26th 04, 01:28 AM
Chotii

"Jody Pellerin" wrote in message
That's horrible. Holy God. That's like my little cousin getting pregnant.
Still in elementary school!

The ironic thing is, I've seen 11 year old girls larger and more sturdy than
I will ever be. I've seen 5th graders who were nearly 6' tall, with the body
width and strength to go with it. Of *course* they should never get
pregnant at that age, for dozens of reasons, but I still bet their bodies
could handle pregnancy better than mine did (at 4'10").

--angela

Old January 26th 04, 01:41 AM
Jill

I didn't start AF until age 13. I didn't really need a bra until the last
couple of years of high school , like a lot of the people in my age group.

Now it seems like kids are developing in elementary school! Breasts,
periods, and everything.

Old January 26th 04, 07:12 AM
Daye

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 00:16:14 GMT, "Jody Pellerin"
wrote:

KIEV, Ukraine (January 23, 4:24 a.m. AST) - An 11-year-old
girl has given birth to a healthy baby boy, becoming
Ukraine's youngest mother on record, a newspaper reported
Thursday.

I knew a girl from my old neighborhood in Alabama who was pregnant at
10, and she had the baby at 11.

--
Daye
Momma to Jayan
Old January 26th 04, 10:37 AM
Leanne

I didn't start AF until age 13. I didn't really need a bra until the last
couple of years of high school , like a lot of the people in my age group.

Now it seems like kids are developing in elementary school! Breasts,
periods, and everything.

I started AF when i was 11 or 12, and needed to wear a bra when i was about
13.

Its different for everyone

Old January 26th 04, 04:29 PM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Leanne wrote:
I didn't start AF until age 13. I didn't really need a bra until the last
couple of years of high school , like a lot of the people in my age group.

Now it seems like kids are developing in elementary school! Breasts,
periods, and everything.

I started AF when i was 11 or 12, and needed to wear a bra when i was about
13.

Its different for everyone

I wonder if I'm the only one here who started just before her 9th
birthday and was in a bra not too long after that? I'll admit that I
now know that I was an anomaly back then, though at the time I thought I
was perfectly normal. There were only two other girls in my class who
were like me, and they, too, thought that they were normal.

This kind of thing really doesn't trouble me. One of my profs said that
research suggests that what's causing it is richer diets and a resulting
increase in body fat at younger ages.

Old January 26th 04, 05:30 PM
klaatu

Daye:
I knew a girl from my old neighborhood in Alabama
who was pregnant at 10, and she had the baby at 11.

klaatu:
i know several who delivered before 12 too,
but maybe this is the record:

http://youngest_mother.tripod.com/

Peruvian five-year-old Lina Medina
was only 5 years 8 months old
at the birth of her child on Mother's Day, May 14, 1939,
and is still the youngest known mother in the world.

Lina Medina's parents thought their daughter had a tumor
and when shamans in their remote village could find no cure,
her father carried her to a hospital.

Just over a month later, she gave birth to a boy.

Born at full term at Lima's maternity clinic,
her child was taken through a caesarian operation
(Dr.Lozada and Busalleu, operators, Dr. Colretta, anesthesiologist).
The child (boy), weighing 2,700 grams,
was well formed and in good health.
Child and mother were able to leave the clinic after only a few days.

After taunting from schoolmates, Medina's son, Gerardo -
discovered when he was 10
that the person he had grown up believing to be his sister
was in fact his mother.

Gerardo died in 1979 at age 40
from a disease that attacks the body's bone marrow,
but it was said it was not clear there was any link with his illness
and the fact his mother had been so young at his birth.

Medina herself married and in 1972 had a second son,
33 years after her first.
Her second child now lives in Mexico.

klaatu:
interesting to me that this Ukrainian girl delivered without problems,
and *all* of the pre-teen mothers i've seen with my own eyes did too,
and Lina Medina delivered her son while still under 6 years old
at full-term, without any complications, either.
Old January 26th 04, 06:53 PM
rsitter

wrote:

KIEV, Ukraine (January 23, 4:24 a.m. AST) - An 11-year-old
girl has given birth to a healthy baby boy, becoming
Ukraine's youngest mother on record, a newspaper reported
Thursday.

I knew a girl from my old neighborhood in Alabama who was pregnant at
10, and she had the baby at 11.

this is incomprehensible to me. my oldest just turned 10 and i don't
even want to think of such a thing.

i do remember when i had her that there was a 12 year old that
delivered at the same time.

rsitter
Old January 26th 04, 09:44 PM
Cathy Weeks

"Jill" wrote in message .com...
I didn't start AF until age 13. I didn't really need a bra until the last
couple of years of high school , like a lot of the people in my age group.

Now it seems like kids are developing in elementary school! Breasts,
periods, and everything.

This doesn't seem like a change at all. When I was in the 5th grade,
there were girls with larger breasts than I have now (and I'm not
small breasted). I was 12 1/2 when I got my period, and I was pretty
average - there were lots younger than I was, and lots older.

Cathy Weeks
Mommy to Kivi Alexis 12/01