There IS a link between the MMR jab and autism, claims new research

Old August 30th 04, 04:25 PM
M,a,r,k P,r,o,b,e,r,t-August 30, 2004

"dehart" wrote in message
ink.net...

Nothing. As usual, his page is blank, as is his mind.

Old August 31st 04, 12:46 AM
Jeff

"Andrew Heenan" wrote in message
"Peter Bowditch" wrote:
I confidently predict that future "research" by anti-vaccination
liars will turn up many new and unexpected ways that vaccines
can damage children.

There are, of course, idiots and liars on BOTH sides of the debate; just

one
side has more money to back theirs up.

Really? Can you show me peer-reviewed evidence that the provaccine people
are wrong?

Jeff

Old August 31st 04, 04:46 AM
David Wright

In article ,
Peter Moran wrote:

"john" wrote in message
Mail on Sunday

There IS a link between the MMR jab and autism, claims new research

EXCLUSIVE
By Rachel Ellis, Medical Correspondent

A key study repeatedly used by the Government to support the MMR vaccine
was wrongly carried out and gave inaccurate results, experts claimed
yesterday.

The Danish research, which examined the medical records of more than
half-a-million children born over eight years, concluded there was no link
between children given MMR and the onset of autism.

But fresh analysis of the data by four experts to be published this week

in
the Journal of
American Physicians and Surgeons suggest there is a link.

And a third study by Dr Andrew Wakefield, who first made the link
between MMR and autism in 1998, and Dr Carol Stott of Cambridge
University, shows autism cases in Denmark have increased by 14.8
per cent each year since MMR was introduced.

Wakefield is now known to be employed by the parents of children with
autism, and it would also mean by now that everyone in Denmark is autistic.

No, but there is a bigger problem -- given that MMR was introduced
over quite a short period and went from something unavailable to
something used almost universally within a few years, the idea of a
14.8% compounded annual rise makes no sense at all. If MMR really
caused autism, there would have been a huge spike in autism in the
first few years after the vaccine was introduced, and it would have
been pretty much level since then.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
were standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)