Gdiapers?

Old May 17th 06, 03:41 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default Gdiapers?

Hi, long time no talk.

I've got a little one due in late September, and looking around for
what we're planning on doing when the time comes. My first girl is 4
now (and nursed for nearly two and a half years, if anyone is keeping
score.

Anyway, a friend of mine sent me a link to Gdiapers:
http://www.gdiapers.com/

I guess it's flushable diaper liners, pretty much. It sounds a bit
fussy, but nicely eco-friendly for a crunchy granola girl like me. But
what I'm wondering is if anyone here has actually USED them and has a
good or bad experience to report? The S/M/L sizing seems a bit odd to
me, and I can't imagine trying to do the flushing bit in a public
toilet with a baby in one arm!

Any reviews would be appreciated. Thanks

--Andrea

Old May 17th 06, 09:59 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Andrea Phillips wrote:
Hi, long time no talk.

I've got a little one due in late September, and looking around for
what we're planning on doing when the time comes. My first girl is 4
now (and nursed for nearly two and a half years, if anyone is keeping
score.

Anyway, a friend of mine sent me a link to Gdiapers:
http://www.gdiapers.com/

I guess it's flushable diaper liners, pretty much. It sounds a bit
fussy, but nicely eco-friendly for a crunchy granola girl like me. But
what I'm wondering is if anyone here has actually USED them and has a
good or bad experience to report? The S/M/L sizing seems a bit odd to
me, and I can't imagine trying to do the flushing bit in a public
toilet with a baby in one arm!

Any reviews would be appreciated. Thanks

Can't review, never used them, but this is apparently what the original
dispos were supposed to be like!

Old May 17th 06, 10:24 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Andrea Phillips wrote:

http://www.gdiapers.com/

I guess it's flushable diaper liners, pretty much. It sounds a bit
fussy, but nicely eco-friendly for a crunchy granola girl like me. But
what I'm wondering is if anyone here has actually USED them and has a
good or bad experience to report? The S/M/L sizing seems a bit odd to
me, and I can't imagine trying to do the flushing bit in a public
toilet with a baby in one arm!

Any reviews would be appreciated. Thanks

Fussy is right; I believe most of their eco-publicity to be largely
greenwashing, and the price is very high. I would see their main role as
being perhaps if you're on very scarce tank rainwater (making even basic
laundry difficult) and have a huge rural compost heap to hold the waste.

For us, the older version of Eenees (gdiapers' original name) had a
massive wicking problem too, because the leg binding was a ribbed cotton
blend. (Disclaimer: I haven't tried the new design, but heard that the
ribbed leg binding is the same style.)

I tend to think that if I was washing covers, I might as well be washing
nappies; and gee, I've gotta say it's much quicker and less messy to
drypail and wash a nappy than it is to tear up, swish and flush a
disposable pad!

Lara
Old May 17th 06, 09:25 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

to be honest, if you are going to do that then one may as well go the whole
hog and to completely reusable, unless you had horrendous difficulties
washing reusables. I can't imagine that they are going to more friendly to
the environment than reusables, due to the production impact, then
distributing them. I suspect they are less eco friendly than reusables and
of course you loose all the choice you get with either reusables, or
disposables, each of which gives you lots of options to help you find a fit
for your baby.

Anne