Yikes...

Old October 9th 04, 03:34 AM
Plissken

Default Yikes...

I gained 4 lbs in 4 weeks and I'm only 20 weeks along! Better lay off of
those sweets! Although I hadn't gained anything prior to that. Came as a bit
of a shocker though after hardly gaining anything the previous months.

Nadene
EDD Feb. 27

Old October 9th 04, 04:34 AM
newfy.1

"Plissken" wrote in message
I gained 4 lbs in 4 weeks and I'm only 20 weeks along! Better lay off of
those sweets! Although I hadn't gained anything prior to that. Came as a

bit
of a shocker though after hardly gaining anything the previous months.

Try not to worry about it. I didn't gain a single pound until I was 18 weeks
then after that I had a couple of months with bigger gains. You'll find that
you have some months where you have a big gain, and others where you don't.
I actually lost three pounds this week (in one week, I'm 37 weeks now) which
was quite a surprise.

JennP.

Old October 9th 04, 04:47 AM
Tori M.

"newfy.1" wrote in message

"Plissken" wrote in message
I gained 4 lbs in 4 weeks and I'm only 20 weeks along! Better lay off of
those sweets! Although I hadn't gained anything prior to that. Came as a

bit
of a shocker though after hardly gaining anything the previous months.

Try not to worry about it. I didn't gain a single pound until I was 18

weeks
then after that I had a couple of months with bigger gains. You'll find

that
you have some months where you have a big gain, and others where you

don't.
I actually lost three pounds this week (in one week, I'm 37 weeks now)

which
was quite a surprise.

JennP.

I lost about 3 lbs when I was 37 weeks as well.. hmm I successfully found
them this past week though.. lol.. really I have been starving! No more corn
bread for me!

Tori

Old October 9th 04, 03:34 PM
Sarah Vaughan

In message 57I9d.673108$gE.529032@pd7tw3no, Plissken
writes
I gained 4 lbs in 4 weeks and I'm only 20 weeks along! Better lay off of
those sweets! Although I hadn't gained anything prior to that. Came as a bit
of a shocker though after hardly gaining anything the previous months.

What's wrong with that? Sounds like a perfectly reasonable weight gain
for this stage of pregnancy. Of course, by all means lay off the sweets
if you think you're eating too many, but for goodness' sake, please
don't start thinking you're gaining too much weight or restricting your
diet. How much did you think you should be gaining?

All the best,

Sarah

--
"I once requested an urgent admission for a homeopath who had become depressed
and taken a massive underdose" - Phil Peverley
Old October 9th 04, 07:18 PM
Plissken

"Sarah Vaughan" wrote in message
In message 57I9d.673108$gE.529032@pd7tw3no, Plissken
writes
I gained 4 lbs in 4 weeks and I'm only 20 weeks along! Better lay off of
those sweets! Although I hadn't gained anything prior to that. Came as a

bit
of a shocker though after hardly gaining anything the previous months.

What's wrong with that? Sounds like a perfectly reasonable weight gain
for this stage of pregnancy. Of course, by all means lay off the sweets
if you think you're eating too many, but for goodness' sake, please
don't start thinking you're gaining too much weight or restricting your
diet. How much did you think you should be gaining?

I thought you weren't "supposed" to gain one pound per week (or put on most
of your weight) until the 3rd trimester. Looks like I was wrong. A quick
look on the internet shows me that once pound per week in the second
trimester is quite normal. No I would never restrict my diet, I like my food
way too much. I have been eating a little to many sweets though which I am
going to cut out. Having a pumpkin pie sitting in my fridge is just way too
tempting for me ) Also with my first child I didn't even start gaining any
weight until I was about 5.5 months along so I guess I was comparing the two
pregnancies which I know I shouldn't do.

Old October 11th 04, 11:40 AM
Jenrose

I thought you weren't "supposed" to gain one pound per week (or put on
most
of your weight) until the 3rd trimester. Looks like I was wrong. A quick
look on the internet shows me that once pound per week in the second
trimester is quite normal. No I would never restrict my diet, I like my
food
way too much. I have been eating a little to many sweets though which I am
going to cut out. Having a pumpkin pie sitting in my fridge is just way
too
tempting for me ) Also with my first child I didn't even start gaining
any
weight until I was about 5.5 months along so I guess I was comparing the
two
pregnancies which I know I shouldn't do.

I'm one of those luckless souls who tends to gain a pound a week, period.
I'm actually a little below that right now, which is good.

BTW... pumpkin pie, of all the sweets you could eat, is one of the better
ones. If you want to make it healthier, skip the crust, but the filling is
rich in beta carotene and protein.

Jenrose

Nightmare...yikes. vivid... Jill Pregnancy 3 August 31st 04 11:45 AM
yikes; Pedialyte "substitute" [email protected] Breastfeeding 24 April 11th 04 02:24 AM
yikes, I'm exploding Andrea Breastfeeding 7 January 24th 04 11:32 AM
Yikes Poppy Breastfeeding 2 January 18th 04 10:45 PM
Yikes! Indyguy1 Child Support 3 November 7th 03 06:00 PM