North American Self Defense Day for Children--Protection from Abductors

Old January 7th 04, 06:02 PM
ID ASAP

Default North American Self Defense Day for Children--Protection from Abductors

I am working with current SAR members from both military and combat training
professions in the creation of a Self Defence CD, for the integration of a
Self Defence Day that will help teach children how to effectively defend
themselves in a physical situation with potential abductors. My goal is to
integrate this program through all North American Schools as an annual
event. Please forward this information to whomever may be interested and be
able to help with the Self Defense Day's implementation. Your time is
appreciated.

The self defense day is a day where schools collectively take the day to
teach their students the self defense techniques. We will be asking for
members of the teaching staff or parent councils to take a day course (free)
to teach them how to teach the programs for the differing grades. Each
school will receive a cd that will be broken down by grades. Each grade will
have its own teaching...allowing for each progressing years students to be
taught something new. Similar to the Jump Rope for Heart program that was
run up in Canada...students would take home sponsorship forms and would
collect the money after the day is done: 10 cents per kick or $2.00 per day
sort of thing. We are also putting together a cd package of the lessons
taught and others on bullying et cetera that families can work on
together...that can be purchased in conjunction with this day. Having these
teachings at home enables reinforcement which is the key to success. This
will be used as a fund raiser for the individual schools, as well, partial
funds will be allocated to all regional SAR (Search and Rescue) Teams.

I have run this through a few schools and boards, and all are thrilled at
the possibilities.

Program #2.

The Digital Child ID program is taking the childs photo and copying onto
floppy or cd. We will not keep a record of photos unless the parents wish to
register their childs photo with us...which is a free service for one year.
Parents may wish to register their childs photo with us for two main
reasons: a) no computer access or, b) there is a threat of parental
abduction. These pictures will include height and weight information as
well. We will also be including contact information of the agencies they
would need to contact should their child go missing. Also used as a school
fund raiser.

I would be very interested in helping to fund your schools as we all need as
much support and resources we can get our hands on. Lets join our forces,
and keep our children safe.

First things first, please read over my programs information and consider
endorsement, partnership or support for ID ASAP programs: Self Defence Day
and/or the Digital Child ID program. My hopes are to integrate this into all
schools across America, a standardized Self Defense Day for our children. I
will send further information if requested.

While thanking you for your time and consideration, I remain

Yours Respectfully,

Kim Harrington, ID ASAP