freecycle network

Old September 21st 04, 06:28 PM
Shena Delian O'Brien

Default freecycle network

Has anyone ever heard of freecyling? I think it is the greatest thing
ever! OMG! I found out about it the other day and have been going
gung-ho since. lol

It is basically where you join a mailing list of people in your area and
offer up items you no longer want for free. People respond and you find
someone to come get it from you. You can ask for items you need or are
looking for, and you can reply to other people's offers. I must have
sent in 15 offers in the last 2 days and have people lined up right and
left to get my stuff.

I've given away a precious moments bouncer that was too small for my
son, a bag of huggies diapers that he no longer fits, and some sample
infant formula and a safety 1st diaper pale we passed over in favor of
the new diaper genie. Not to mention that crap 7-UP PLUS mixed berry we
tried but hated (so had 10 cans left), and some old computer equipment
that has just been lying around.

You can find a network in your area by looking he
http://www.freecycle.org/

Old September 21st 04, 11:40 PM
Marie

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 10:28:08 -0700, Shena Delian O'Brien
wrote:
You can find a network in your area by looking he
http://www.freecycle.org/

I joined our local groups a few weeks ago, and most people are only
posting wanteds. There's some greedy people out there! It's mostly for
baby stuff, furniture, and cars (they specify the car must be in good
condition lol).
Marie
Old September 22nd 04, 12:25 AM
elizabeth emerald

[...]

i just had a look & joined up. there is actually something in my local area
in australia! this never usually happens.
--
elizabeth (in australia)
DS - born 20-aug-02

"Anything lost can be found again, except for time wasted" -- Hilltop Hoods

Old September 22nd 04, 01:05 AM
Jamie Clark

Yep, I joined a few months ago. I'm continually amazed at the stuff that
people offer up, and that gets taken. I just got a changing table in very
good condition, which I'm very happy about.

We're getting ready for a large neighborhood wide garage sale in a few
weeks, so we're collecting items in our living room. Gosh, it feels great
to purge! After the sale, I'll take stock of what's left, and put some of
it up for offer on Freecycle, and donate the rest to Goodwill. My dh
doesn't quite get why I'm so gung-ho on Freecycle, and wants to donate
everything to Goodwill, since we'll get a tax write off/credit/whatever.
But I just like the idea of Freecycling it.
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest
Password

Check out our Adoption Page at http://www.geocities.com/clarkadopt2004/

Old September 22nd 04, 04:25 AM
Em

"Shena Delian O'Brien" wrote in message
Has anyone ever heard of freecyling? I think it is the greatest thing
ever! OMG! I found out about it the other day and have been going
gung-ho since. lol

I love it! I've been a member for almost a year now. Just today, I
picked up two boxes of books from a freecycler (some of them were
totally *brand* new--published in August of 2004, even) and I also gave
away a toy elephant and a bag of baby clothes. We have given away a car
on Freecycle even :-) Freecycle is a very good thing!

--
Em
mama to L-baby, one year old today!!!!!!!!!

Old September 22nd 04, 06:10 AM
Kelly

It is more fun to see where your stuff goes. I get kind of attached to
things and like to see it go to a good home

Kelly

Old September 22nd 04, 07:04 AM
Cat

"Shena Delian O'Brien" skrev i en meddelelse
[...]

There's even one in Copenhagen, Denmark. PITA to become a member, though.

Tine, Denmark

Old September 22nd 04, 07:07 AM
Plissken

"Shena Delian O'Brien" wrote in message
Has anyone ever heard of freecyling?

I LOVE freecycle. I joined my local freecycle group about 9 months ago and
have given away and received a few things. It's a great way to recycle!

Weld Co., CO. harassing yr family? Network here Fern5827 Spanking 0 March 5th 04 02:32 PM
Spanking in MA? DSS problems? Rally this Friday network Fern5827 Spanking 1 November 21st 03 12:25 AM
Blogging network ivfpatient Pregnancy 0 October 23rd 03 10:34 PM
OR, Oregon site for folks to network when falsely accused LaVonne Carlson Spanking 0 August 20th 03 12:05 AM