Calling all parents with access to a scanner ( for college assignment)

Old April 5th 04, 11:45 AM
Jenn

Default Calling all parents with access to a scanner ( for college assignment)

Hello,

I am currently taking a Canadian First Nations' Concerns course. And
for my last essay I am writing about how the popular images of
"Indianess"are reflected through children's drawings. The main
article that I am basing my essay on studies just this topic, but it
was done in 1978. Iam interested in finding out if the images (found
in the 1978 article) has changed over the years.

I was wondering if any of you would be interested in having yor kids
draw a picture of what they would know an "Indian, native, first
nation, aboriginal, (or whatever vocab. they would be familiar with)
person to look like.

It would also be helpful if:

* they could briefly explain why they choose to draw the picture the
way that they did, and if this is how they believe native people look
today, or where they think they got this idea from.

*they drew a picture of themselves beside the first picture as a point
of comparison. (I have gotten some back and find it interesting in the
ways that they show the difference).

--My goal is to understand not be offesive, I am open to any feedback
you may have. I hope that many of you will participate.

*If you are interested, I can post my findings.
-You can scan the picture to
Old April 5th 04, 06:36 PM
Karen O'Mara

(Jenn) wrote in message . com...
[...]

This has nothing to do with what Indian-people-from-India, right? I
think the terminology's a little confusing.

Karen
Old April 7th 04, 03:04 AM
Jenn

(Karen O'Mara) wrote in message . com...
(Jenn) wrote in message . com...
[...]

Nope, it is Indian (from North America), First Nations, Aboriginal, or
Native (Canadian/American)...sorry if the terminology was confusing.
Jenn