Daughters!!!

Old May 24th 04, 10:32 PM
Cele

Default Daughters!!!

On Mon, 24 May 2004 20:43:33 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
wrote:

"Cele" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 2 May 2004 14:20:15 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
wrote:
"Joelle" wrote in message

So it's her 14th birthday and she usually has a bunch of friends
overnight.

Remainder of story snipped

My first reaction was to smile, sorry and all that but it's best to be
honest right? I think it's because I can remember trying very much the

same
sort of thing at a similar age so on the bright side it seems her

hormones
are working fine anyway. ;-)

More seriously, she's most definitely abused the trust you put in her and
that, to my mind, is more of an issue than exactly what she did. I hope
you've explained to her, fully and at great length, how precious trust

is,
how long it takes to build and how easy it is to destroy.

She needs to know, though, that the only one who is ultimately affected

by
the decisions she makes is herself. If she does things that eventually
undermine her own self-worth she'll be the main one to suffer. On this
occasion you seem to have been in the right place at the right time but

you
won't always be. She needs to understand this or she'll probably end up
just being more careful that you don't find out what she's up to next

time
which would, IMHO, be a worse situation.

OMG. We had the *exact* same reaction. I could have written this post.

Soul mates? smooch ;-)

Heh. How are you with seafood?

Paul, are you my evil twin?

I have a somewhat "hazy" lineage so anything is possible but I'm not the
evil one. (s******)

[evil cackle] Or me......

LMAO

Phew!

Oh and sorry for the delay in replying. Life has been even more hectic than
usual here recently. Luckily (no, really) one of my jobs came to an end
today so I'll have a little more time to myself.

I'm about to have lots of time too. T's going into hospital for the
summer, D's moving out with M to their own place and I'm about to be
laid off.

Too bad you aren't a little closer. I'd invite myself sailing. LOL

Cele
Old May 25th 04, 08:08 AM
Paul Griffiths

"Cele" wrote in message
On Mon, 24 May 2004 20:43:33 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
wrote:
"Cele" wrote in message
.. .

snip

OMG. We had the *exact* same reaction. I could have written this post.

Soul mates? smooch ;-)

Heh. How are you with seafood?

I like pretty much all of it but some more than others. Never, so far as
I'm aware, had a bad reaction to it either. You?

Paul, are you my evil twin?

I have a somewhat "hazy" lineage so anything is possible but I'm not the
evil one. (s******)

[evil cackle] Or me......

Then we should be looking for our evil triplet!

LMAO

Phew!

Oh and sorry for the delay in replying. Life has been even more hectic

than
usual here recently. Luckily (no, really) one of my jobs came to an end
today so I'll have a little more time to myself.

I'm about to have lots of time too. T's going into hospital for the
summer, D's moving out with M to their own place and I'm about to be
laid off.

Moving out is a good thing, for them at least. How do you feel about it?

Neither of the other things sounds like good news though. Should I know
about them? Hope everything works out.

Too bad you aren't a little closer.

That's certainly true.

I'd invite myself sailing. LOL

It would give me a reason to get the boat in shape. Don't ask.

--
Paul Griffiths

Old May 25th 04, 07:26 PM
CME

"Paul Griffiths" wrote in message
"Cele" wrote in message
On Mon, 24 May 2004 20:43:33 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
wrote:
"Cele" wrote in message
.. .

snip

OMG. We had the *exact* same reaction. I could have written this

post.

Soul mates? smooch ;-)

Heh. How are you with seafood?

I like pretty much all of it but some more than others. Never, so far as
I'm aware, had a bad reaction to it either. You?

Paul, are you my evil twin?

I have a somewhat "hazy" lineage so anything is possible but I'm not

the
evil one. (s******)

[evil cackle] Or me......

Then we should be looking for our evil triplet!

Ohh me me me pick me!!!

LMAO

Phew!

Oh and sorry for the delay in replying. Life has been even more hectic

than
usual here recently. Luckily (no, really) one of my jobs came to an

end
today so I'll have a little more time to myself.

Is that a good thing, or a bad thing? (Should have responded in the other
thread, but I thought I'd save time. :P

I'm about to have lots of time too. T's going into hospital for the
summer, D's moving out with M to their own place and I'm about to be
laid off.

Moving out is a good thing, for them at least. How do you feel about it?

Neither of the other things sounds like good news though. Should I know
about them? Hope everything works out.

T's going into the hospital? Hmmm what did I miss?

Too bad you aren't a little closer.

That's certainly true.

I'd invite myself sailing. LOL

It would give me a reason to get the boat in shape. Don't ask.

Why do I feel the need to ask all the unaskable questions this morning?
Hmmm.

Christine

--

Paul Griffiths

Old May 25th 04, 10:23 PM
Paul Griffiths

"Cele" wrote in message
On Mon, 24 May 2004 20:43:33 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
wrote:
"Cele" wrote in message
.. .

Paul, are you my evil twin?

I have a somewhat "hazy" lineage so anything is possible but I'm not
the evil one. (s******)

[evil cackle] Or me......

Then we should be looking for our evil triplet!

Ohh me me me pick me!!!

Works for me but what do you think Cele? Is she a bit young?

Oh and sorry for the delay in replying. Life has been even more

hectic
than usual here recently. Luckily (no, really) one of my jobs came

an end today so I'll have a little more time to myself.

Is that a good thing, or a bad thing? (Should have responded in the other
thread, but I thought I'd save time. :P

It's a good thing. The job didn't pay well and cost me a lot in time and
fuel to get there so the extra free time is worth the small loss in income.

I'd invite myself sailing. LOL

It would give me a reason to get the boat in shape. Don't ask.

Why do I feel the need to ask all the unaskable questions this morning?
Hmmm.

Dunno, just one of *those* days I suppose.

It's basically been sitting in the marina for the last year or so as I
haven't had the time and the money at the same time to fix it up. Hopefully
now I will.

--
Paul Griffiths