Need some advice please

Old May 17th 04, 06:44 PM
Gordy

Default Need some advice please

Hi All,

I am a single dad who has a 14 year old daughter but I am finding it very
hard to cope. She has started to be disruptive at school as well as
everywhere else for that matter. She seems to lose her temper all the time
now right to the point where she is hitting people including me.

How do I deal with her bad temper tamtrums get her to see that what she is
doing is wrong?

Gordy remove nospam from e-mail address if replying by e-mail.
Old May 17th 04, 07:04 PM
Tiffany

What's with all the single dads? lol

Hmm.... some of that is typical teenage crap. The violence though, I would
suggest talking to a pro.

Old May 17th 04, 07:11 PM
Gordy

Tiffany wrote:

What's with all the single dads? lol

Hmm.... some of that is typical teenage crap. The violence though, I would
suggest talking to a pro.

Yeah, I think you may be right. I have been a single dad for around 12 years
and I have coped with everything else but this....just joined this group
today to see what advice I could get.

Gordy.... remove nospam from e-mail if replying via e-mail

Old May 17th 04, 09:41 PM
lm

On Mon, 17 May 2004 18:44:38 +0100, Gordy
wrote:

Hi All,

I am a single dad who has a 14 year old daughter but I am finding it very
hard to cope. She has started to be disruptive at school as well as
everywhere else for that matter. She seems to lose her temper all the time
now right to the point where she is hitting people including me.

How do I deal with her bad temper tamtrums get her to see that what she is
doing is wrong?

Before "how" comes "why." You need to find out.

lm
Old May 17th 04, 11:04 PM
Karen O'Mara

Gordy wrote in message news:I68qc.113$0Y4.57@newsfe1-win...

Yeah, I think you may be right. I have been a single dad for around 12 years
and I have coped with everything else but this....just joined this group
today to see what advice I could get.

Gordy.... remove nospam from e-mail if replying via e-mail

Prolly not the best time to bring this up, but has everyone seen the
movie, "Thirteen?"

Pretty scary.

Karen
Old May 18th 04, 12:10 AM

"Gordy" wrote in message
Hi All,

I am a single dad who has a 14 year old daughter but I am finding it very
hard to cope. She has started to be disruptive at school as well as
everywhere else for that matter. She seems to lose her temper all the time
now right to the point where she is hitting people including me.

How do I deal with her bad temper tamtrums get her to see that what she is
doing is wrong?

Gordy remove nospam from e-mail address if replying by e-mail.

Gordy; welcome. This issue is what my preacher and I talked about yesterday:
coping with preteen and teenagers. He suggested I get a book and darn if I did
not forget it, but it was something like "gizzels" and Kate would probably
know. Anyway, he said, something about odd years and even years and finding
out who am I and then where am I going. It was my gramma funeral, so I did not
comprehend too much.
But I would like to find the book.
Good luck.

Old May 18th 04, 02:57 AM
Cele

wrote:

Hi All,

I am a single dad who has a 14 year old daughter but I am finding it very
hard to cope. She has started to be disruptive at school as well as
everywhere else for that matter. She seems to lose her temper all the time
now right to the point where she is hitting people including me.

How do I deal with her bad temper tamtrums get her to see that what she is
doing is wrong?

What's the history here? Has she always had behaviour issues or been a
concern at school, or is this new? If it's new, is it sudden or has it
happened gradually. Does she feel bad after she's acted out? Does she
get so angry it's like she can't be reached at all, can't even hear
you? What's her sleep pattern like? What are her friends like? New
ones, or the same old ones? Any huge changes in her recent life?

Give us more info; it'll help us give you better feedback.

Cele
Old May 18th 04, 05:40 PM
aXis Computers & Communications

--
NEED A DATE? (Find singles/couples near you!)
http://acc2.dynip.com:1000/match/index2.htm

http://acc2.dynip.com:1000/preg/index.htm

Old May 27th 04, 04:30 AM
Pete

a classic answer to this is get involved with a local church that has a
youth/ mentorship program/ perhaps your computer can give directive on
that. People oft forget that marriage includes the church body - so
just because you are seperated from your spouse - doesnt mean your
church family cant lend TLC or tough love. Embrace the child not
estrange the child through an active spiritual life program. Then ask
for your communicative role. Just dont make it a resolution - make it a
habit you both agree to participate in. Possibly - get your spouses
support. Also - ask the stillness of the Spirit what is your own
growth in this need being met. Blessings/ not curses.

Old June 1st 04, 01:03 AM
Kitty

when i first got seperated i enrolled my kids in a thing called
rainbows.. it was a group councling session for kids dealing with
seperation, divorce and even death of a spouse...the kids feel like
they are not alone and are more apt to share their feelings... this
cost me nothing and was through the church... try and find a program
like this ... my kids went for 2 years and it helped them and me
alot... worth a try...

Kat
Latest news
I lost 40 pounds on TRIMSPA Baby

Gordy wrote in message news:9J7qc.104$0Y4.51@newsfe1-win...
Hi All,

I am a single dad who has a 14 year old daughter but I am finding it very
hard to cope. She has started to be disruptive at school as well as
everywhere else for that matter. She seems to lose her temper all the time
now right to the point where she is hitting people including me.

How do I deal with her bad temper tamtrums get her to see that what she is
doing is wrong?

Gordy remove nospam from e-mail address if replying by e-mail.

Bad Advice Avacado Strikes Again....was....Privatized CPS, DCF. Would u let 'em in your house? Kane Spanking 0 July 21st 04 06:21 PM
Advice needed for new book on pregancy HeadMom Pregnancy 0 July 15th 04 08:32 PM
Have only child and want another...advice Shelly General 90 April 12th 04 09:03 PM
Advice Please (x-posted) toto General 2 March 8th 04 06:49 PM
Need advice!!! Marnie Pregnancy 28 February 6th 04 12:09 AM