Delurking to (re)Introduce Myself

Old July 29th 03, 01:21 AM
KimandJuan

Default Delurking to (re)Introduce Myself

Welcome, or better yet, welcome back!

~ Can I ask you why they were on a sucrose drip? And were they both on it?
Was it because their blood sugar level was low? Just curious.

~Kimberly
Mommy to Alexis Iliana 07/17/99 and
Emma Elidia & Aislyn Gabriela 10/01/02
come see us...
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aislynemma/
Old July 29th 03, 02:45 AM
Julie Seely

Hi, Claudia, and welcome back!

Do your inlaws still try to figure out who was born first?

Julie
Mom to Erica & Chris, 07/97

Claudia Straka wrote:

I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks, and have even posted a
couple of responses, so it's high time I introduce myself.
(Re-introduce actually; I was a fairly regular participant until life
got busy about a year ago.)

My name is Claudia, and I live in Toronto/Canada. My family consists
of DH Bill (who is absolutely terrific!), Alison 8yo, Timothy 4yo and
Cameron 4yo. (Guess where the twins are!) In my spare time, I have a
full-time job as an IT consultant. Fortunately, there is virtually no
travel in this job.

The twin stats: T&C are identical, born at 37 weeks by scheduled
C-section weighing 4lb/11oz and 5lb/5oz. One night in the Special Care
Nursery on a sucrose drip and for observation, then they were evicted
to make room for a set of triplets. They both required speech therapy
at 18 mo and again at 3yo but other than that we have not seen any
developmental issues.

I see some familiar names on this group (Shirley, Helen, Nick, David
desJ) and I'm looking forward to getting to know the rest of you!

Claudia (Alison 8/95; Cameron and Timothy 4/99)

Old July 29th 03, 03:31 AM

(Claudia Straka) surveyed the damage, then,
boldy dove into the melee, yelling something about:

I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks, and have even posted a
couple of responses, so it's high time I introduce myself.
(Re-introduce actually; I was a fairly regular participant until life
got busy about a year ago.)

Didn't life get busy when the twins came?? ;-)

My name is Claudia, and I live in Toronto/Canada. My family consists
of DH Bill (who is absolutely terrific!), Alison 8yo, Timothy 4yo and
Cameron 4yo. (Guess where the twins are!) In my spare time, I have a
full-time job as an IT consultant. Fortunately, there is virtually no
travel in this job.

Any virtual travel? (sorry, just couldn't resist!)

The twin stats: T&C are identical, born at 37 weeks by scheduled
C-section weighing 4lb/11oz and 5lb/5oz. One night in the Special Care
Nursery on a sucrose drip and for observation, then they were evicted
to make room for a set of triplets. They both required speech therapy
at 18 mo and again at 3yo but other than that we have not seen any
developmental issues.

We had boy-girl twins on May 25 this year (girl was 4lb/11oz and boy was 5
lb/2oz.) We spent a week at the hotel NICU. I'm a relative newbie to this
group and do a lot of lurking, but occasionally will post. It's been
really nice to hear other's experiences in this group. Having a baby comes
with so many unknowns, and I think that twins bring just a few more
unknowns!

I see some familiar names on this group (Shirley, Helen, Nick, David
desJ) and I'm looking forward to getting to know the rest of you!

Claudia (Alison 8/95; Cameron and Timothy 4/99)

Welcome back!

--
Jonathan

Let us all bask in television's warm glowing warming glow.

H.S.
Old July 29th 03, 05:29 PM
Claudia Straka

(KimandJuan) wrote
~ Can I ask you why they were on a sucrose drip? And were they both on it?
Was it because their blood sugar level was low? Just curious.

Hi, Kimberly. The sucrose drip was a bit of a preventive measure
because their sucrose levels were slightly low. It was only for the
first 24 hours, then they were unhooked and brought to my room.

Claudia
Old July 29th 03, 05:31 PM
Claudia Straka

(Nick Theodorakis) wrote in My name is Claudia, and I live in
Toronto/Canada.

(You sound like you're at a meeting for "Canadians Anonymous" ;-)

Well, what with SARS, West Nile and now Mad Cow, maybe staying
anonymous about my Canadian origins isn't such a bad idea after all!

Claudia
Old July 29th 03, 05:33 PM
Claudia Straka

Julie Seely wrote

Hi, Claudia, and welcome back!

Do your inlaws still try to figure out who was born first?

Wow, Julie. I'm impressed that you remember this! The good news is
that they've finally given up trying to weasel the information out of
us.

Claudia
Old July 29th 03, 06:38 PM
Leslie

Welcome back Claudia! It's good to see you back.

Leslie
Alex and Jordan, 3 year old ID boys

om...

Old August 3rd 03, 05:32 PM
C Straka

Welcome back from your vacation. Sounds like you had a good one.

I was a bit worried when I came back here and didn't see any messages from
"the mighty Schwinn". Somehow, this place just wouldn't be the same without
your participation!

BTW, Alison is technically still 7, but ask me again after Aug 22!

Claudia

"multimom4" wrote in message
et...
Ditto. :-)

Alison is EIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? Wow.

--Janet
Elliot, Hanna, Connor (10/21/96) -- going on 7
and Holly (4/4/01)

Old August 5th 03, 02:57 AM
multimom4

Wow -- not sure about the "mighty" business, I seem to ask more questions
about how not to shriek my children to death than provide elucidation to
anyone else, these days :-(

Three was pretty easy there for a while (post-diapers, in preschool, same
age and schedules, etc.), but juggling four remains a challenge even after
all this time.

Glad you're back. Hang in here if time permist :-) -- I may have potty
training questions soon ;-).

--Janet
Elliot, Hanna, Connor (10/21/96)
and Holly (4/4/01)

le.rogers.com...

delurking CHRISTOPHER CRANE Pregnancy 7 January 22nd 04 09:36 PM
When to reintroduce pacifier/bottles after nipple confusion? Lora R Breastfeeding 1 November 19th 03 02:17 PM
A Delurking hello! oracorac Pregnancy 6 September 18th 03 03:37 PM
Too much activity in there, how to calm it down (delurking) Mo Pregnancy 2 September 17th 03 03:23 PM
Delurking, intro, and questions (long) Clisby Williams Breastfeeding 14 July 29th 03 11:50 AM