summer camp for 12-years old boy

Old December 20th 04, 07:16 PM
DadDave

Default summer camp for 12-years old boy

I would greatly appreciate any leads that would recommend me a good
overnight summer camp for a bright 12-years old boy. He spent two weeks
at one camp this summer but disliked it - dirty and poor facilities,
primitive activities and so on... We are from Boston, MA - so the camp
could be in Ma, NH, Maine. Also it should not be excessively expensive.
Any pro, contras?

TIA

David

Old December 20th 04, 10:34 PM
dejablues

"DadDave" wrote in message
oups.com...
I would greatly appreciate any leads that would recommend me a good
overnight summer camp for a bright 12-years old boy. He spent two weeks
at one camp this summer but disliked it - dirty and poor facilities,
primitive activities and so on... We are from Boston, MA - so the camp
could be in Ma, NH, Maine. Also it should not be excessively expensive.
Any pro, contras?

TIA

David

My DH went to Flying Moose Lodge in ME (www.flyingmooselodge.com) for
several summers when he was a kid. In fact, his dad went there in the 40's
..DHs 40 and still talks often about the wonderful experiences he had
there. - We plan to send one or two of our sons there. It's a "roughing-it"
kind of camp, and I don't know how the cost stacks up against other camps of
this type.

Good Luck with your search!

Old December 21st 04, 06:44 PM

This might help
http://www.acane-camps.org/directory.html
(its a link to the listings for the New England Camping Association
complete with information about various camps and their price range,
the activities offered etc.)

Mary G.

Old December 22nd 04, 08:40 PM
DadDave

Thank you, i know this listing. I would appreciate any personal
oppinion though

David