What a 16 year old cannot do-feel free to add to the list

Old August 15th 06, 09:43 PM posted to misc.kids.health,misc.health.alternative
Mark Probert

Default What a 16 year old cannot do-feel free to add to the list

A sixteen year old cannot sign a legally binding contract.

A sixteen year old cannot enlist in the military.

A sixteen year old cannot obtain a concealed weapons license in many states.

A sixteen year old cannot purchase a weapon such as a shotgun, rifle or
handgun. http://www.nraila.org/gunlaws/FederalGunLaws.aspx?ID=60

A sixteen year old cannot drive unrestricted in many states.
Old August 15th 06, 10:13 PM posted to misc.kids.health,misc.health.alternative
[email protected]

Mark Probert wrote:
A sixteen year old cannot sign a legally binding contract.

A sixteen year old cannot enlist in the military.

A sixteen year old cannot obtain a concealed weapons license in many states.

A sixteen year old cannot purchase a weapon such as a shotgun, rifle or
handgun. http://www.nraila.org/gunlaws/FederalGunLaws.aspx?ID=60

A sixteen year old cannot drive unrestricted in many states.

On the other hand, a sixteen year old can marry in some states, and a
sixteen year old can be tried, convicted and punished as an adult.

It's a complicated issue.

Mark, MD

Old August 15th 06, 10:41 PM posted to misc.kids.health,misc.health.alternative
Mark Probert

wrote:
Mark Probert wrote:
A sixteen year old cannot sign a legally binding contract.

A sixteen year old cannot enlist in the military.

A sixteen year old cannot obtain a concealed weapons license in many states.

A sixteen year old cannot purchase a weapon such as a shotgun, rifle or
handgun.
http://www.nraila.org/gunlaws/FederalGunLaws.aspx?ID=60

A sixteen year old cannot drive unrestricted in many states.

On the other hand, a sixteen year old can marry in some states, and a
sixteen year old can be tried, convicted and punished as an adult.

It's a complicated issue.

Correct. It is not as simple as most people would like it to be.

From Abraham's statements it is clear that he is engaging the magical
thinking of childhood when he believes that if he dies of lymphoma he
will not be sick and will die peacefully at home.

This type of magical thinking tells me that he does not have the skills
to make such important decisions on his own.
Old August 16th 06, 12:39 AM posted to misc.kids.health,misc.health.alternative
Jeff

"Mark Probert" wrote in message
A sixteen year old cannot sign a legally binding contract.

A sixteen year old cannot enlist in the military.

A sixteen year old cannot obtain a concealed weapons license in many
states.

A sixteen year old cannot purchase a weapon such as a shotgun, rifle or
handgun. http://www.nraila.org/gunlaws/FederalGunLaws.aspx?ID=60

A sixteen year old cannot drive unrestricted in many states.

A sixteen-year-old cannot commit a crime for which he will receive the
death sentence

Old August 16th 06, 02:32 AM posted to misc.kids.health,misc.health.alternative
Jan Drew

"Mark Probert" wrote in message
A sixteen year old cannot sign a legally binding contract.

A sixteen year old cannot enlist in the military.

A sixteen year old cannot obtain a concealed weapons license in many
states.

A sixteen year old cannot purchase a weapon such as a shotgun, rifle or
handgun. http://www.nraila.org/gunlaws/FederalGunLaws.aspx?ID=60

A sixteen year old cannot drive unrestricted in many states.

Sixteen year old teens can--and are tried as *adults*!

16 year olds are tried as *adults*.

http://www.decaturdaily.com/decaturd...526/teen.shtml

http://www.debate-central.org/forum/...ic.php?id=6435

http://www.wsws.org/news/1998/may1998/kids-m16.shtml

http://wowktv.com/story.cfm?func=vie...&storyid=12670

http://www.wxix.com/Global/story.asp?S=5260732

Old August 16th 06, 02:47 AM posted to misc.kids.health,misc.health.alternative
Jan Drew

Mark Probert wrote:
A sixteen year old cannot sign a legally binding contract.

A sixteen year old cannot enlist in the military.

A sixteen year old cannot obtain a concealed weapons license in many
states.

A sixteen year old cannot purchase a weapon such as a shotgun, rifle or
handgun.
http://www.nraila.org/gunlaws/FederalGunLaws.aspx?ID=60

A sixteen year old cannot drive unrestricted in many states.

On the other hand, a sixteen year old can marry in some states, and a
sixteen year old can be tried, convicted and punished as an adult.

It's a complicated issue.

Correct. It is not as simple as most people would like it to be.

From Abraham's statements it is clear that he is engaging the magical
thinking of childhood when he believes that if he dies of lymphoma he will
not be sick and will die peacefully at home.

This type of magical thinking tells me that he does not have the skills to
make such important decisions on his own.

This tells me that you are mighty judgmental!

http://www.dangerousmedicine.com/viewtopic.php?t=664

This was posted by a member of
Magnesiumforlife.
best wishes
Shan
BlankPosted by Casey Research, Aug.8, 2006

The Chemotherapy Mafia

On July 20, 1995, the Washington State Medical Quality Assurance Commission
raided the office of Glenn Warner, MD, an oncologist with unusual views on
healing, and revoked his medical license. Allegedly, Warner had cured more
than
1,000 patients from terminal cancerâ?"not with chemotherapy and radiation
but
with
diet and exercise regimens, certain immunotherapeutic drugs, and other
holistic methods. When he appealed his case in court, the commissionâ?Ts
attorney,
Beverly Goetz, argued that cancer patients were â?oincapableâ?? and
â?ounqualifiedâ??
to decide whether they received quality care or not. Only expertsâ?"like the
members of said commissionâ?"were capable of making that judgment call, she
said.

Unfortunately, this standpoint seems to prevail in the United States these
days. Self-determination takes a backseat in favor of state-mandated
â?ohealth
care.â?? A fact that becomes eerily obvious in cancer cases where minors are
involved.

But first, we should ask how valuable chemotherapy really is. There is no
doubt that cancer is big business in the U.S. While in 1990, $3.53 billion
was
spent on chemotherapy, the number more than doubled to $7.51 billion only
four
years later. By 2009, so the latest projections, cancer therapy products and
services will rake in over $27 billion.

As the unfortunate Glenn Warner put it: â?oWe have a multi-billion-dollar
industry that is killing people, right and left, just for financial gain.
Their
idea of research is to see whether two doses of this poison is better than
three
doses of that poison.â??

Other experts agree.

Alan C. Nixon, PhD, former president of the American Chemical Society,
states, â?oAs a chemist trained to interpret data, it is incomprehensible to
me
that
physicians can ignore the clear evidence that chemotherapy does much, much
more
harm than good.â??

Alan Levin, MD, of the University of California Medical School agrees:
â?oMost c
ancer patients in this country die of chemotherapy. Chemotherapy does not
eliminate breast, colon or lung cancers. This fact has been documented for
over
decade. Yet doctors still use chemotherapy for these tumors. . . Women with
breast cancer are likely to die faster with chemo than without it.â??

His opinion is echoed by Ralph Moss, former assistant director of public
affairs at the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center (MSKCC) and author of
the
book The Cancer Industry: â?oIn the end, there is no proof that chemotherapy
actually extends life in the vast majority of cases, and this is the great
lie
about chemotherapy, that somehow there is a correlation between shrinking a
tumor
and extending the life of a patient.â??

Even the General Accounting Office (GAO) found in a 1987 study on the
progress of cancer treatment that â?oFor a majority of the cancers we
examined,
the
actual improvements have been small or have been overestimated by the
published
rates. . . Progress has been made, but not as great as that reported.â??

More and more cancer patients and their families are feeling skeptical about
the value of chemotherapy and radiation as well. However, not allowed to
think
for themselves, some states have imposed mandatory treatment.

The first widely published case was that of Katie Wernecke, a 12-year-old
Texan who was diagnosed with Hodgkinâ?Ts Disease in January 2005. After
undergoing
four rounds of chemotherapy, her cancer went into remission.

The doctors advised subsequent radiation treatment, but father Edward
Wernecke had informed himself on the Internet and was taken aback by an
article
in
the New England Journal of Medicine, written by Vincent DeVita, former
director
of the National Cancer Institute. DeVita stated that radiation â?oby itself
increases the risk of late second solid tumors in the irradiated field and
the
incidence rises steeply when radiotherapy and chemotherapy are combined.â??
Other
mentioned side effects were stunted growth, sterilization, and an increased
risk of breast cancer.

Worried about the harmful long-term effects, Katieâ?Ts parents decided to
forego the radiation and follow up with holistic therapies. When Michelle
Wernecke
took her child out of the hospital despite protests of the oncologists, the
Texas State Department of Child Protective Services issued an Amber Alert.
The
mother was arrested and sent to jail for kidnapping. Katie was put into
foster
care, along with her three brothers who were later released.

At a court hearing in June, a radiologist asserted that Katieâ?Ts cancer had
returned and that she needed to undergo treatment again. Even though Katie
said
in a video statement that she was not willing to undergo radiation, she was
ordered by the courts to do so. Whatâ?Ts more, convinced that the Werneckes
negatively affected her decisions, CPS cut off all communication with their
daughter. Left to her own devices, the 12-year-old decided to make the
choice
herself,
resisting treatment by pulling catheters out of her arm and disobeying
doctors
â?T orders.

After a ten-month ordeal, at the end of October 2005, a district judge ruled
that Katie could rejoin her family and seek alternative treatment out of
state. â?oOn June 11th, Katie celebrated her 14th birthday at home with
family
and
friends,â?? her father writes in his blog. â?oKatie is doing very well. . .
but
she
is not cancer free yet, so there is still a battle to win. She is in better
physical condition than ever.â?? A happy ending?

Recently, another story broke the news: The case of Virginian teenager
Starchild Abraham Cherrix. The 16-year-old, diagnosed with Hodgkinâ?Ts
Disease
last
summer, had undergone three months of chemotherapy that, in his own words,
left
him weak and nauseated. When the doctors told him in February that the
cancer
was back, he refused more chemotherapy.

â?oI think it would kill me the second time,â?? said Abraham, who instead
opted
for a sugar-free, organic diet and herbal treatments at a clinic in Mexico.
Here, too, Child Protective Services and the courts became involved, and a
six-month-long battle began. In May, a judge ruled that Abrahamâ?Ts parents
were
guilty of neglect for supporting their sonâ?Ts decision; he also ordered
shared
custody between the parents and the Accomack County Department of Social
Services,
with the possibility of the Cherrixâ?T losing custody entirely.

Yet Abraham refused to comply with court orders, cheered on by supporters of
holistic medicine: "I think it's my body. I can choose what's best for my
body. If I don't have the right to do that, then I don't have any rights at
all
anyway."

At the Cherrixâ?T request, a second judge stayed the first court order until
trial, scheduled to begin on August 16.

[Necessary intervention or medical terrorism by the nanny state? Weâ?Td like
hear from you at .]
_________________
We cannot become healthy if we attempt to drug and continue to pollute our
bodies with medicines and dead deranged "foods."

* Every drug or medicine is poison and has no healing power.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.dangerousmedicine.com/viewtopic.php?t=37

Back in 1994, my dear father in law was diagnosed with pancreatic
cancer. The Oncologist gave him 6 months to live. he also told him that he
could survive longer with aggressive chemotherapy. My father in law took
this chemo and died after two doses in a three week period I will never
forget my dear mother in law calling us in Michigan from Pittsburgh, and
telling us that my husbands daddy had to literally crawl up his outside
stairs to get into the house! The chemo made him so weak! My husband and I
quickly drove to Pittsburgh to be with the family, and I literally watched
my dear father in law fade away within several weeks! the Chemo destroyed
him and any chance he may have had of living those extra months I know
that now, because I am very well informed on the dangers of this poison, as
well as the GREED of the CANCER INDUSTRY!!!!!!! And I make it a life mission
to inform everyone I know!!!!!!!! If you want to cure cancer, you cannot use
slash, burn and poison

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What doctors say about Chemo Therapy

There is no scientific evidence for chemotherapy being able to extend in any
appreciable way the lives of patients suffering from the most common organic
cancers, which accounts for 80% of all cancers? (Dr Ulrich Abel. 1990)

"Most cancer patients in this country die of chemotherapy.Chemotherapy does
not eliminate breast, colon or lung cancers. This fact has been documented
for over a decade. Yet doctors still use chemotherapy for these
tumours.Women with breast cancer are likely to die faster with chemo than
without it."-Alan Levin, M.D.

"We have a multi-billion dollar industry that is killing people, right and
left, just for financial gain. Their idea of research is to see whether two
doses of this poison is better than three doses of that poison."-Glen
Warner, M.D. oncologist.

"As a chemist trained to interpret data, it is incromprehensible to me that
physicians can ignore the clear evidence that chemotherapy does much, much
more harm than good."---Alan Nixon, Ph.D., Past President, American Chemical
Society.

"We know that conventional therapy doesn't work-if it did you would not fear
cancer any more than you fear pneumonia. It is the utter lack of certainty
as to the outcome of conventional treatment that virtually screams for more
freedom of choice in the area of cancer therapy. Yet most so-called
alternative therapies regardless of potential or proven benefit, are
outlawed, which forces patients to submit to the failures we know don't
work, because there is no other choice.

What the National Cancer Institutes OWN studies say about the toxic
treatments they approve for cancer

A report from the Southern Research Institute, dated April 13, 1972, based
upon research conducted for the National Cancer Institute, indicated that
most of the accepted drugs in the American Cancer Society's "proven cure"
category produced cancer in laboratory animals that previously had been
healthy! (NCI research contract PH-43-68-.998. Information contained in
letter from Dean Burk to Congressman Lou Frey, Jr., May 30,1972; Griffin,
Private Papers, op. cit., p. 5.)

"A study of over 10,000 patients shows clearly that chemo's supposedly
strong track record with Hodgkin's disease (lymphoma) is actually a lie.
Patients who underwent chemo were 14 times more likely to develop leukemia
and 6 times more likely to develop cancers of the bones, joints, and soft
tissues than those patients who did not undergo chemotherapy (NCI Journal
87:10)."

What other medical Journals have to show in their studies:

Children who are successfully treated for Hodgkin's disease are 18 times
more likely later to develop secondary malignant tumours. Girls face a 35
per cent chance of developing breast cancer by the time they are 40----which
is 75 times greater than the average. The risk of leukemia increased
markedly four years after the ending of successful treatment, and reached a
plateau after 14 years, but the risk of developing solid tumours remained
high and approached 30 per cent at 30 years (New Eng J Med, March 21, 1996)

"The five year cancer survival statistics of the American Cancer Society are
very misleading. They now count things that are not cancer, and, because we
are able to diagnose at an earlier stage of the disease, patients falsely
appear to live longer. Our whole cancer research in the past 20 years has
been a failure. More people over 30 are dying from cancer than ever
before.More women with mild or benign diseases are being included in
statistics and reported as being "cured". When government officials point to
survival figures and say they are winning the war against cancer they are
using those survival rates improperly."---Dr J. Bailer, New England Journal
of Medicine

Little known fact about survivor rates in those who opt for toxic cancer
treatments verses those who didn't do anything....

Did you know that 30 years ago Dr Hardin B. Jones, Professor of Medical
Physics & Physiology at Berkeley, found that the life expectancy of
untreated cancer cases appears to be FOUR TIMES LONGER than that of treated
individuals?

1969 Science Writers Conference of the ACS

They KNEW this 30 years ago and yet these barbaric life threatening toxic
procedures continue.

With some cancers, notably liver, lung, pancreas, bone and advanced breast,
our 5 year survival from traditional cancer therapy alone is virtually the
same as it was 30 years ago.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

http://www.wnho.net/medicine_killed_brother.htm

http://www.dangerousmedicine.com/viewtopic.php?t=462

http://www.dangerousmedicine.com/viewtopic.php?t=38

http://www.dangerousmedicine.com/

Old August 16th 06, 03:15 AM posted to misc.kids.health,misc.health.alternative
Jan Drew

"Jeff" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Mark Probert" wrote in message
A sixteen year old cannot sign a legally binding contract.

A sixteen year old cannot enlist in the military.

A sixteen year old cannot obtain a concealed weapons license in many
states.

A sixteen year old cannot purchase a weapon such as a shotgun, rifle or
handgun. http://www.nraila.org/gunlaws/FederalGunLaws.aspx?ID=60

A sixteen year old cannot drive unrestricted in many states.

A sixteen-year-old cannot commit a crime for which he will receive the
death sentence

http://www.gunlawsuits.org/features/...s/civillib.php

http://www.gunlawsuits.org/features/...es/vicnvio.php

http://www.jouster.com/cgi-bin/polit...mes;read=15860

Thanks alot Indiana!

Posted By: Ray J
Date: Thursday, 16 March 2006, at 9:43 am

Thanks alot Indiana!

Suspect bought AK-47 in Indiana
Feds were investigating previous gun purchase

By David Heinzmann
Tribune staff reporter
Published March 16, 2006

Six months before he allegedly killed 14-year-old Starkesia Reed in a
spray of automatic gunfire, gang member Carail Weeks went to Indiana to buy
an AK-47.

Weeks already had been under investigation by federal agents for almost
two months last September because a gun he had previously bought in Indiana
had been seized in an armed robbery arrest, according to law enforcement
sources.

But that didn't stop Weeks from going to a suburban Indianapolis gun shop,
showing a fake Indiana state identification card, and walking out with two
handguns and an AK-47--the type of gun used to kill Starkesia on March 3,
the sources said.

As investigators trace the firearms purchased by Weeks, the emerging
details provide troubling insights into how guns flow into Englewood and
other Chicago neighborhoods.

The murder of Starkesia was followed by the March 11 shooting death of
10-year-old Siretha White, just a few blocks away from where Starkesia was
slain. Siretha was killed by a stray bullet that punched through a front
window of the house where a surprise birthday was being held for her.

The two killings devastated many in the neighborhood and have renewed
calls from Mayor Richard Daley and other elected officials to pass stricter
laws limiting the availability of military-style weapons.

Records reviewed by the Tribune show that Weeks filled out a Federal
Firearms Transaction form in late June, listing his address as an apartment
in Indianapolis and providing an Indiana state ID card to verify his
identity.

Weeks, who has a history of arrests, but no felony convictions, was then
able to buy a Hi-Point 9 mm handgun on July 7, according to records and
sources.

Eight days later in Chicago, Thomas Baskin, 22, was arrested on a South
Side street minutes after he allegedly robbed a man using the Hi-Point gun.
ATF investigators traced the gun back to Weeks' purchase at Don's, a famed
Indianapolis gun store that the gun-control group Americans for Gun Safety
said is the second-biggest dealer of guns that end up recovered by police in
crime scenes.

Weeks was never arrested for allegedly supplying the gun, and on Sept. 13
he walked into Brandi's gun shop in Camby, Ind., a suburb southwest of
Indianapolis.

Weeks bought the Romanian-made WASR-10 version of the AK-47, and two more
Hi-Point pistols--a 9 mm and a .45-caliber, according to sources.

Weeks had potentially broken the law by using false information to buy the
guns, and the ATF was investigating him as a potential gun trafficker. It
was unclear why federal agents had not arrested him.

ATF officials declined to comment on the case Wednesday, saying the
investigation was continuing.

Indiana law requires a criminal background check run through a federal
database. Unlike Illinois, Indiana does not require a Firearm Owners
Identification Card, a state permit to purchase and possess guns. And like
many states, Indiana has no limit on how many guns a buyer may purchase at
once.

It is illegal to possess a handgun in Chicago, and city ordinance
prohibits gun dealers from setting up shop in the city. However, many guns
flow into the city from suburban gun shops. Indiana is the largest
out-of-state source of crime guns trafficked into Chicago, followed by
Mississippi and several other southern states, according to ATF records.
Every year, Chicago police seize more than 10,000 illegal guns.

Witnesses said that about 8 a.m. March 3, Weeks drove up to the curb in
the 6700 block of South Honore Street, according to prosecutors and police.
He allegedly got out and aimed the assault rifle at a man standing on the
sidewalk and opened fire.

The intended target, who police said is the ex-boyfriend of Weeks'
girlfriend, was not hit by the hail of bullets. But Starkesia, who had
stepped to the living-room window to see what caused the noise, was hit in
the head by a stray bullet and killed instantly.

Police have not recovered the gun that killed her, but the description
witnesses gave and the numerous shell casings recovered at the scene are
consistent with an AK-47. The gun was originally developed by the Soviet
army, and is the most widely used military assault rifle in the world,
according to gun experts.

The guns are designed for use by trained soldiers, not for civilians, said
Tom Diaz, a former military small-arms specialist who is now an analyst for
the gun-industry watchdog, Violence Policy Center.

"And we're not talking about military engagement, were talking about some
miscreant out on the streets who now has an incredible amount of firepower,
who is going to--what they used to call `spray and pray,' " Diaz said.

A week after Starkesia was murdered, a similar tragedy played out just a
few blocks away. Siretha White was at a surprise birthday party given for
her at a house in the 2000 block of West 70th Place. Outside on the front
steps, a group of men, who included gang members and at least one parent of
a child at the party, were hanging out when two cars drove down the street
and a man started shooting from an open passenger window.

Again, the intended targets were not killed, but a 9 mm bullet pierced the
front window of the house and struck Siretha in the head, killing her.

Although some officials have described the gun that killed Siretha as also
being an assault weapon, sources familiar with the investigation said
forensic testing suggests the gun was a Glock pistol that may have been
equipped with a large ammunition magazines.

Sources familiar with the investigation believe that both murder weapons
were equipped with magazines that held as many as 30 rounds. One of the
elements of the federal Assault Weapons Ban, a federal law that was lifted
in 2004, was a prohibition on the manufacture and sale of ammunition
magazines that large.

Critics of the ban said it was an ineffective way to keep assault weapons
out of the hands of criminals.

Old August 16th 06, 02:23 PM posted to misc.kids.health,misc.health.alternative
Mark Probert

Jeff wrote:
"Mark Probert" wrote in message
A sixteen year old cannot sign a legally binding contract.

A sixteen year old cannot enlist in the military.

A sixteen year old cannot obtain a concealed weapons license in many
states.

A sixteen year old cannot purchase a weapon such as a shotgun, rifle or
handgun. http://www.nraila.org/gunlaws/FederalGunLaws.aspx?ID=60

A sixteen year old cannot drive unrestricted in many states.

A sixteen-year-old cannot commit a crime for which he will receive the
death sentence

I believe some states will allow that.

Are OBs Bible-based? Is home schooling child abuse? Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 0 March 15th 05 03:38 AM
misc.kids FAQ on Breastfeeding Past the First Year [email protected] Info and FAQ's 0 February 28th 05 05:26 AM
Ooops... Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 2 October 2nd 04 04:09 AM
misc.kids FAQ on Breastfeeding Past the First Year [email protected] Info and FAQ's 0 September 29th 04 05:17 AM
misc.kids FAQ on Breastfeeding Past the First Year [email protected] Info and FAQ's 0 December 15th 03 09:42 AM