who invented newborn bodysuit design?

Old May 21st 07, 09:54 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
[email protected]

Default who invented newborn bodysuit design?

our newborn cries alot during changes.but mainly the crying(!!!) comes
when we take off her underwear bodysuit (similar to
http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/...315_SY375_.jpg )

or are putting on the new one.especially as we try to get the garment
thru arms and head .

why doesnt underwear have buttons like the outerwear? outerwaer is so
simple to take off/on with buttons she remains asleep!!

is there underwear with buttons? who makes them. can i get them
online?

many thanks.

Old May 21st 07, 10:43 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
NL

wrote:
our newborn cries alot during changes.but mainly the crying(!!!) comes
when we take off her underwear bodysuit (similar to
http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/...315_SY375_.jpg )

or are putting on the new one.especially as we try to get the garment
thru arms and head .

why doesnt underwear have buttons like the outerwear? outerwaer is so
simple to take off/on with buttons she remains asleep!!

is there underwear with buttons? who makes them. can i get them
online?

many thanks.

why are you taking the bodysuit off every time you change her? They do
have snaps in the crotch for just that reason...

That said, I did have a few bodysuits for Sam that tied in front or at
the sides and you kind of wrapped them around. But I'm in germany, we
call them "Wickelbody". I don't know if they exist where you are. I know
I'm having a hard time finding them where I live now.

cu
nicole
Old May 21st 07, 10:46 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

wrote in message
ups.com...
our newborn cries alot during changes.but mainly the crying(!!!) comes
when we take off her underwear bodysuit (similar to
http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/...315_SY375_.jpg )

or are putting on the new one.especially as we try to get the garment
thru arms and head .

why doesnt underwear have buttons like the outerwear? outerwaer is so
simple to take off/on with buttons she remains asleep!!

is there underwear with buttons? who makes them. can i get them
online?

many thanks.

Onesies have been around for a long time, so they must be somewhat useful
and well designed. One reason why you wouldn't want snaps on a onesie or
other undergarment would be that you would end up with multiple layers or
buttons or snaps and it would be unfcomfortable for the baby.

There are some oneies called "kimono" style, and if you do a Google search,
you'll find lots of options. Here is one,
http://www.tinybirdsorganics.com/org...noOnesies.html

Babies usually wake up when you change their clothes -- not because they
hate it, but because they are explosed to the cold. This happens with snap
up sleepers as well, so it's not an issue of the item of clothing going over
their heads. This would be why your baby can sleep through getting a peice
of outerwear all snapped up.

That all being said, there are tips that can help make things smoother.
First of all, babies don't need to wear onesies (the t-shirt style body suit
that you pictured) underneath all of their clothes. You can easily just put
baby into a footed sleeper, and skip the whole onesie thing. I found
sleepers appropriate for any time of year, for the first 3-6 months, since
in the height of summer, most people have air conditioning, and in the
coldest part of winter, most people have the heat on. Besides, at this age,
most of what babies do is sleep. And when they aren't sleeping, they are
just a few hours away from their next nap. Might as well keep them comfy
and ready for bed, right?

In terms of getting the onesie on and off, after unsnapping the crotch, I
pull each arm down into the sleeve against baby's body, until the sleeper is
bunched up around the babies neck. Then I stretch the neckline out and
bring it up over babies chin and face, so that it doesn't touch the baby's
face. I found that this is less stressful for the baby/child. My husband,
on the other hand, would try to pull the onesie up off the body, with
the arms up, trying to dislodge the arms and head at the same time.
Considering that the baby couldn't sit up or hold it's arms up, this wasn't
a pleasant experience for anyone. Once he learned how to get the arms
out first, he'd pull the onesie off from the back of the head forward, which
would catch the onesie on the chin of the baby, as well as pull against the
throat. And he wondered why our daughter would cry every time he
changed her clothes! So maybe a different method of taking the onesie
off will get you better results.

Finally, if you love the onesies and can't live without them but your baby
is a spitter or something and is very messy, invest in bibs...lots and lots
of terricloth bibs. That way you can swap out the bib without constantly
changing the onesie. You can easily go through 5, 10, 15 bibs in a day if
you are really fastidious, and baby shouldn't mind a bit.
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

Old May 21st 07, 10:57 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Ericka Kammerer

wrote:
our newborn cries alot during changes.but mainly the crying(!!!) comes
when we take off her underwear bodysuit (similar to
http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/...315_SY375_.jpg )

or are putting on the new one.especially as we try to get the garment
thru arms and head .

why doesnt underwear have buttons like the outerwear? outerwaer is so
simple to take off/on with buttons she remains asleep!!

is there underwear with buttons? who makes them. can i get them
online?

Well, she doesn't *have* to wear underwear. If you don't
like it, just do without it. Or, alternatively, you could go
with an undershirt that isn't a pullover. Try searching on
"kimono" style baby shirts and you'll find things like these:

http://www.babyant.com/bc117002.html
http://www.tinybirdsorganics.com/org...noOnesies.html

and many others (not all are pricey or organic--those were just
the first couple that came up). They're also pretty easy to
make (I think Martha Stewart has a pattern on her website).

Best wishes,
Ericka
Old May 22nd 07, 04:41 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Nikki

wrote in message
ups.com...
our newborn cries alot during changes.but mainly the crying(!!!) comes
when we take off her underwear bodysuit (similar to
http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/...315_SY375_.jpg )

or are putting on the new one.especially as we try to get the garment
thru arms and head .

why doesnt underwear have buttons like the outerwear? outerwaer is so
simple to take off/on with buttons she remains asleep!!

is there underwear with buttons? who makes them. can i get them
online?

How about a regular t-shirt. I'm going to get some for my guys.
http://www.cheapestees.com/hanincottee.html
They hate being still for me to do up the snaps and I'm tired of it too.
I'm going to try and figure out how to personalize them with cute sayings.
First off - Seek & Destroy, lol.
--
Nikki, mama to
Hunter 4/99

Old May 22nd 07, 12:14 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Nan

On Mon, 21 May 2007 22:41:09 -0500, "Nikki" wrote:

How about a regular t-shirt. I'm going to get some for my guys.
http://www.cheapestees.com/hanincottee.html

Oooh, THANK YOU for posting this link. My 7 yo dd will wear only
boy's tee shirts, and it's hard finding them at decent prices and
colors other than grey.

Nan
Old May 23rd 07, 05:22 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Nikki

"Nan" wrote in message
On Mon, 21 May 2007 22:41:09 -0500, "Nikki" wrote:

How about a regular t-shirt. I'm going to get some for my guys.
http://www.cheapestees.com/hanincottee.html

Oooh, THANK YOU for posting this link. My 7 yo dd will wear only
boy's tee shirts, and it's hard finding them at decent prices and
colors other than grey.

Nan

glad to help I've never actually ordered from them so can't vouch for it
but I plan to order some things next month.

--
Nikki, mama to
Hunter 4/99