Like puzzles?

Old October 24th 06, 11:24 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Moon Shyne

Default Like puzzles?

"'Kate" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 02:51:29 GMT, "Moon Shyne"
the following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

"'Kate" wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 22:38:09 GMT, "Moon Shyne"
the following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

Tell me when you get to page 19 - I'm still stuck sigh

'Kate? Where are ya when I need ya??

19... still the morse code one?

translate the morse code.
you should get a couple of things you'll recognise.

(using spaces to not spoil the clue)

_ _ _ _ _ _.
and
._ _ _

If you put the two together (minus one . ) and put it in the URL instead
of the .html, then you'll download a .doc.

copy and paste what's in the doc into a notepad, use nowrap, scroll to
see the white space. it spells something.

I did.
I decoded the first morse code, and entered that into the browser which
led
me to all those A's, B's, etc.
I copied that into notepad, no wrap - nothing.
I translated it back into morse code, copied that into notepad, nowrap,
nothing.

I figured out that the spaces are going to spell out the next page, but no
matter what resolution, no matter how small I make it to get it
non-wrapped,
I'm still not seeing it.

try using a fixed width font like courier.

Don't try to "no wrap" it yourself. If you do that, you will probaby
take out the spaces automatically. Do what you're doing and paste the
alphabet letters and ?'s into a notepad.txt. Click format and click
"word wrap" so that it unchecks. That should let you scroll right to see
the whole clue.

OMG - Courier did it - do you have ANY idea how many freakin times I've been
staring at this freakin' thing???

Thanks, Kate - you're my hero

Old October 25th 06, 01:54 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Moon Shyne

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 22:29:31 GMT, "Moon Shyne"
the following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

Shoot, 22 isn't very friendly either, is it!
sigh

LOL... I bet that your kids would know the significance of the
symbols... especially if they like video games.

My daughter did. sigh

I finished the first batch.

Yay me.

I think I'll try batch 2 another day..... my brains are going to implode.

Old October 25th 06, 05:02 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Moon Shyne

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 00:54:25 GMT, "Moon Shyne"
the following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

"'Kate" wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 22:29:31 GMT, "Moon Shyne"
the following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

Shoot, 22 isn't very friendly either, is it!
sigh
LOL... I bet that your kids would know the significance of the
symbols... especially if they like video games.

My daughter did. sigh

I finished the first batch.

Yay me.

I think I'll try batch 2 another day..... my brains are going to implode.

If you finished the rest that quickly... heck yeah your brain is about
to implode.

What twisted person thought those up?

jeff weff, apparently.

he's absolutely brilliant...... and a whole lot scary, to have been able to
work up something like this.

of course, i peeked at the first panel of the second batch, and i can tell I
just let myself in for another 30 levels of torment sigh

cause my first stab at solving the first one was obviously not right (I hate
404 errors almost as much as I hate Mike - the co worker)

Old October 26th 06, 03:39 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Bev

'Kate wrote:
On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 02:18:46 GMT, "Moon Shyne"
the following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

WAIT A MINUTE!!

Level 19 - the nowrap? what's it showing that I'm not seeing?

Encode it in a .doc (use the Morse font)
Paste the translation into notepad
Click nowrap.
Read the spaces. :-)

Ugh......I am no brainiac when it comes to this computer stuff! So I
managed to find a morse code translation chart thing by search. So I
translated the symbols the (dots and dashes) Now I have the letters
NOWRAP "full stop" DOC from translating this stuff and I still have no
clue what to do from here and I have been stucko for two days on this
level19 pain in me arse thing :-(

What should I do with this translation?

Are ya's still playing with this or have ya's finished already
?!?!?!?!?!

The idiot who wrote these should be shot.
We're on 29.
I already picked a door... then the other one.
I'll dream of this tonight.
I hate your coworker.

I'm SO stuck, Mike better help me out tomorrow or I'm gonna shoot him with
rubber bands!! This is all HIS fault!

"'Kate" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 22:40:52 GMT, "Moon Shyne"
the following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 21:29:11 GMT, 'Kate the
following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 19:02:33 GMT, "Moon Shyne"
the following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

Look at the item on the list, and think about what it's really called

it's right in front of your eyes :-)

_then frome

Oh hell.
I got it.

and the next one was easy (8)
Now for 9.
I don't have the answer.
It says I do.

You do.

I did but I had to go back a bit.
grrr.
level 28 and I have to pack it in for the night.
My son's hooked.... looking for the invisible wall.

LOL
I hate your coworker and I haven't even met him.

'K

Old October 26th 06, 04:15 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Moon Shyne

"Bev" wrote in message
oups.com...

'Kate wrote:
On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 02:18:46 GMT, "Moon Shyne"
the following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

WAIT A MINUTE!!

Level 19 - the nowrap? what's it showing that I'm not seeing?

Encode it in a .doc (use the Morse font)
Paste the translation into notepad
Click nowrap.
Read the spaces. :-)

Ugh......I am no brainiac when it comes to this computer stuff! So I
managed to find a morse code translation chart thing by search. So I
translated the symbols the (dots and dashes) Now I have the letters
NOWRAP "full stop" DOC from translating this stuff and I still have no
clue what to do from here and I have been stucko for two days on this
level19 pain in me arse thing :-(

What should I do with this translation?

Are ya's still playing with this or have ya's finished already
?!?!?!?!?!

A full stop is british for a period.

Now - think about what you've been doing to go from page to page, and do it
again :-)

Oh, and pay attention to the titles of the pages - that's sometimes helpful,
too

Kate helped me put the last piece into play so that I knew what to do....

She's somewhere in the second batch, I think, and I finished the first batch
(level 30) last night.

My co-worker, Mike, whom Kate and I both detest by now (since he's the one
who got me started on this, and I then got Kate started on it), is on......
level 39, I think he said.

The idiot who wrote these should be shot.
We're on 29.
I already picked a door... then the other one.
I'll dream of this tonight.
I hate your coworker.

I'm SO stuck, Mike better help me out tomorrow or I'm gonna shoot him
with
rubber bands!! This is all HIS fault!

.. .

Old October 26th 06, 10:45 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Moon Shyne

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 03:15:50 GMT, "Moon Shyne"
the following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

"Bev" wrote in message
groups.com...

'Kate wrote:
[...]

I need level 32. I decoded the morse. I can't find the doc/text doc or
whatever they hint is a download... .and I admit I haven't spent more
than a few minutes on it so maybe I'm just being impatient.

I'd help ya if I could, I haven't looked at batch 2 yet - been swamped at
work with 2 huge projects that I'm splitting my time, and working on some
craft swaps at home.....

'Kate

Old October 27th 06, 12:22 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Bev

I need level 32. I decoded the morse. I can't find the doc/text doc or
whatever they hint is a download... .and I admit I haven't spent more
than a few minutes on it so maybe I'm just being impatient.

'Kate-

Well, I'm on 25 I believe ........ If I get to 32 before you end up on
42, I'll try and help ....but..... I'm thinking I'll be needing your
help more than I'll be any help to you!

Bev