simple math exercises

Old May 7th 07, 03:11 PM posted to misc.kids
[email protected]

Default simple math exercises

Is there a book or a website that has simple math questions in words?
DD (4) is interested in solving math problems. So far I'm asking her
questions like if she has 6 candies how will she equally distribute
them among 3 kids. She loves simple puzzles like these. I'm running
out of creative ways to ask these questions. Is there a website or
books you can recommend? The websites I googled has stuff like tracing
numbers and counting pictures etc. Not what I'm looking for.

Thanks.

Old May 7th 07, 03:25 PM posted to misc.kids
Welches

wrote in message
oups.com...
Is there a book or a website that has simple math questions in words?
DD (4) is interested in solving math problems. So far I'm asking her
questions like if she has 6 candies how will she equally distribute
them among 3 kids. She loves simple puzzles like these. I'm running
out of creative ways to ask these questions. Is there a website or
books you can recommend? The websites I googled has stuff like tracing
numbers and counting pictures etc. Not what I'm looking for.

I do my own mostly for both of mine. That way you can put it with things
that interest them. If you save them on the computer than you can just
change the numbers before printing it out and get different questions. They
don't seem to worry if it's not a new question.
I found that that level for maths very hard to find anything in either books
or websites. It was either way too easy or too hard.
There are CD rom games, again, that age tends to be hard to find a
reasonable level. Either it's 2 fish add 3 fish (with pictures so they can
count) or add 46 and 28 in your head.... If you are looking at them then
don't go just on the age range. #2 (3.5 years) completed the maths top level
on the age 5-7 last week, and #1 (6.5yo) was given a game rated at 5+ which
me and dh (who's pretty profficient at that sort of game) haven't yet
managed to get above a certain level.
I can recommend "Oz: the magical adventure". It's not exactly what you're
looking for but #1 loved it at 4yo. It's more mathematical concepts and
memory games than whay you're looking at, but it is reasonably challenging
and quite fun.

Try her with the basic sudukos. You can get ones with only 4 or 6 numbers.
#1 started doing them at that age and she loved them, and soon moved onto
the easiest 9 numbers. (she's quicker than my mil at them!)
HTH
Debbie.

Old May 7th 07, 04:13 PM posted to misc.kids
toto

On 7 May 2007 07:11:50 -0700, "
wrote:

Is there a book or a website that has simple math questions in words?
DD (4) is interested in solving math problems. So far I'm asking her
questions like if she has 6 candies how will she equally distribute
them among 3 kids. She loves simple puzzles like these. I'm running
out of creative ways to ask these questions. Is there a website or
books you can recommend? The websites I googled has stuff like tracing
numbers and counting pictures etc. Not what I'm looking for.

Thanks.

I'm not sure where you can get it, but USCMP (University of Chicago
Math Project) has a K curriculum that is based on story problems and
pattern block designs, etc.

http://everydaymath.uchicago.edu/stu...museum03.shtml
http://everydaymath.uchicago.edu/stu...museum04.shtml

Here are some ideas you can download in pdf files
http://www.wrightgroup.com/index.php...rs/46?SID=2141

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits
Old May 7th 07, 06:42 PM posted to misc.kids
toypup

On 7 May 2007 07:11:50 -0700, wrote:

Is there a book or a website that has simple math questions in words?
DD (4) is interested in solving math problems. So far I'm asking her
questions like if she has 6 candies how will she equally distribute
them among 3 kids. She loves simple puzzles like these. I'm running
out of creative ways to ask these questions. Is there a website or
books you can recommend? The websites I googled has stuff like tracing
numbers and counting pictures etc. Not what I'm looking for.

Thanks.

I like
www.edhelper.com for making DS's worksheets. They have such a
variety. During last off-track period, I printed out some word problems
for DS. They weren't too bad. You can find math problems (and many other
things in a variety of subjects) as easy or as difficult as you like. You
can take a look at the problems, but to print them out, you need to
subscribe. I find it's worth my money.

Abdominal exercises Child Pregnancy 7 March 27th 05 08:48 PM
ab exercises Elana Pregnancy 3 January 12th 05 01:04 AM
Exercises to help SI joint? Not My Real Name Pregnancy 13 August 18th 04 04:35 AM
Pelvic Floor Exercises Cherie Pregnancy 2 April 8th 04 10:52 AM
Exercises to do - abs etc. Cathy Pregnancy 7 April 5th 04 11:06 AM