Nearly done

Old June 28th 07, 12:36 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Amethyst Deceiver

Default Nearly done

I started breastfeeding at 8pm on October 18th, 2003. YoungBloke took to it
well and was exclusively breastfed, on demand for 6 months. I had enough
supply to donate to the local milkbank for three months and then started my
own stash in advance of returning to work. I had to dump half of that
because we realised YB had a dairy intolerance and I had to cut dairy out of
my diet. The milk I stored before that period got used a few times in meals
and had undesired effects so had to be ditched...

From 6 months we introduced solids and from 10 months he went to nursery
full time while I went back to work.

Over the last two years he's slowly reduced the frequency of breastfeeding,
and then length. For the last 6 months or so he hasn't been nursing every
day. When he does it's normally a morning thing, rather than an evening
thing. If he asks I nurse him, but I stopped offering a couple of months
ago.

This morning he woke up early, upset because he couldn't find the thing he
took to bed last night. I found it for him and tucked him back up in bed,
and then he said "I want mummy milk". So he had a couple of swallows from
each side and curled back up under the duvet.

I just wanted to note it, because I don't know when he'll next remember to
ask, and I don't want it to end without having made a note myself!

--
YoungBloke: 3 years, 92cm, 13kg and still BF
(but only just!)

Old June 28th 07, 12:48 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Flowergirl

"Amethyst Deceiver" wrote in message
I started breastfeeding at 8pm on October 18th, 2003. YoungBloke took to

it

This morning he woke up early, upset because he couldn't find the thing he
took to bed last night. I found it for him and tucked him back up in bed,
and then he said "I want mummy milk". So he had a couple of swallows from
each side and curled back up under the duvet.

Aww bless him - how cute!

I just wanted to note it, because I don't know when he'll next remember to
ask, and I don't want it to end without having made a note myself!

I know what you mean. We tend to write the "firsts" down but the "lasts"
are not so easily remembered / recorded.

It was a very sad day for me when my second (and last) child weaned himself
in February (he was *only* 2y 6 mo) ... just as I was really getting good at
bf after 4.5 years! I'm glad I managed to note down this particular "last".
Bittersweet.

--
YoungBloke: 3 years, 92cm, 13kg and still BF
(but only just!)

Well done you.
Amanda