we need new moms

Old November 9th 04, 07:44 PM
thenewmom

Default we need new moms

We need voices, opinions, theories, tips, rants and confessions for a
new book BY new moms FOR new moms. If you have any free time (we know
it's precious!) please go to http://www.thenewmom.com and check out
the "tell us" page or post on our discussion boards. If you've already
written something about being pregnant or having a baby, you can send
us that as well.

Tell us about your baby!
Tell us about your birth!
Tell us about your pregnancy!

Your stories will show future parents that they're not alone in
whatever they're going through.

You can find out more about the book and tell us about your experience
at:
http://www.thenewmom.com

or send submissions to
(Please include contact information on all submissions and tell us how
you would like the piece to be credited.)
Old November 9th 04, 07:52 PM
Welches

"thenewmom" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Is your book going to contain all comments twice or do you think this
newsgroup is particularly stupid and won't understand it the first time?
Debbie

Old December 7th 04, 04:48 PM
romoma

Hi there. I'm one of the authors of this book and, no, we're not asking
people to "write our books for us". We're just sick of hearing one side
of the story, and thought nobody tells it better than moms themselves.
not "girlfriends" but real moms out there in the world. We thought this
might be a good place to look for smart, diverse women who have
something to say about having babies. and we're not trying to mooch an
opus for free here...more like an offhand thought someone came up with
while waking up for the ninth time in a night,an entry from a baby
diary that you think might be helpful to someone else who's going
through the same thing in the future, or some kind of theory that's
been lurking in the back of your mind about what it's like to be a mom.

We wish we could offer a piece of the action to everyone who gives us
their story, but obviously, there's not that much action to go
around... we're moms trying to support ourselves here, too. Sorry if we
offended anyone. (and we didn't mean to post twice, either)

thanks.Rebecca
mom to Ezra (7.8.03)

Vicki S wrote:
(thenewmom) wrote in message

. com...
We need voices, opinions, theories, tips, rants and confessions for

new book BY new moms FOR new moms.

i just love [not] these folks who come here wanting us to write their
books for them. so, if you publish my stuff will i get royalties?

--
Vicki. Married DH May, 1995. Ima shel Stoic, born 11/99;
Chatty, born 5/02, and Sleepy, born 9/8/04.

Organic and kosher moms: join our discount club Rebecca Warke Child Support 0 June 27th 04 03:48 PM
Pretty cool: Movie showings just for moms M Wayne Pregnancy 12 April 28th 04 03:12 AM
pushy moms at school Nevermind General 14 April 18th 04 02:31 AM
At 3:22 am mom & son nancy Pregnancy 1 December 20th 03 06:57 PM
Breastfeeding May Reduce Mom's Larry McMahan Pregnancy 0 December 5th 03 02:45 AM