We Don Need No Steenkin' Parenting Classes

Old March 24th 05, 06:20 PM

Default We Don Need No Steenkin' Parenting Classes

One of the arguments presented from time to time in this ng is that
there is an industry of some kind that makes a fortune off convincing
parents the "experts" know best and providing classes in parenting
raking in fabulous amounts of money.

One of the more charming tricks of unethical debate is to take ordinary
circumstances and turn logic on its head and present those ordinary and
innocent circumstances as some kind of malevolent plot.

Some people fall for it...usually the very kinds that would create such
thinking errors, and some people don't. Which are you?

http://www.newszap.com/articles/2005...obee/cle01.txt

April is child abuse prevention month
By Mark Young

CLEWISTON - The first of April marks the first day of an important
effort to bring awareness to the smallest victims of crime are brought
to the forefront of attention through Child Abuse/Neglect Prevention
Month.

As just one small part of that effort to recognize the children in our
lives, the first week of April is Children's Week and their will be a
Children's Fair at LaBelle Elementary April 2, from 10 a.m. through 2
p.m.

The event is being sponsored by the Family Service Network of
Hendry/Glades, United Way, and Success by Six......

The program teaches parents of young children just what to expect from
their children as they develop from infancy through pre-school years.
The education or pre-knowledge of how a two-year-old may behave can be
an invaluable tool for young parents under the stress of raising a
child for the first time while dealing with the everyday stresses of
life, family, and career.

There is no truer understanding that first time parents often go
through a learning curve because children truly don't come with a
readymade handbook loaded with specific instructions. But through
agencies such as Healthy Families, United Way, and the many
organizations affiliated with the Family Network Services,
"instructions" can be provided.

The Family Network Services includes such organizations as daycare
providers, Florida Community Health Center, Hendry County schools,
Glades County Schools, American Cancer Society, REACT, Hendry/Glades
Mental Health, and many, many more.

If you are an expectant mother or struggling with raising a young
child, learn more about what services are available by attending the
third annual Children's Fair in LaBelle.

..........for the full story:

http://www.newszap.com/articles/2005...obee/cle01.txt
http://tinyurl.com/3tdk6

Old March 24th 05, 10:39 PM
Greegor

On the heels of the successful Social Worker month,
we need a Child Protection Month.

Who says it's not about propaganda or funding?

Is Geoff Rantz going to celebrate in prison?

Old March 24th 05, 11:55 PM

Greegor wrote:
On the heels of the successful Social Worker month,
we need a Child Protection Month.

Who says it's not about propaganda or funding?

Is Geoff Rantz going to celebrate in prison?

Nice to see what a booster of civilized society you are.

Kane