Movie, the fantastic four

Old July 15th 05, 01:07 AM
tracy1878

Default Movie, the fantastic four

Has anyone seen this movie yet? My 6 yr old, nearly 7, is dying to go, but
since it's a pg13, i don't want to just take him and then be up all night
with him having nightmares.

Old July 15th 05, 02:24 AM
Tracey

"tracy1878" wrote in message
lkaboutparenting.com...
Has anyone seen this movie yet? My 6 yr old, nearly 7, is dying to go,
but
since it's a pg13, i don't want to just take him and then be up all night
with him having nightmares.

In a case such as this, I have found www.screenit.com incredibly helpful in
determining if a movie is appropriate for my child or not. He gives
detailed inforamation about what kinds of things are in a movie (swearing,
bad attitude, drinking, smoking, jump scenes, etc) that will help you
determine if you think your child will be okay with the movie (and if you
will beokay with your child seeing it). Just realize that reading his
review is going to give away a LOT of the plot to you, so be forewarned!

Old July 15th 05, 03:43 AM
Nan

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 01:24:06 GMT, "Tracey"
wrote:

In a case such as this, I have found www.screenit.com incredibly helpful in
determining if a movie is appropriate for my child or not. He gives
detailed inforamation about what kinds of things are in a movie (swearing,
bad attitude, drinking, smoking, jump scenes, etc) that will help you
determine if you think your child will be okay with the movie (and if you
will beokay with your child seeing it). Just realize that reading his
review is going to give away a LOT of the plot to you, so be forewarned!

It looks like screenit is a subscriber service, now. I've used
moviemom.com and like it:

http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/moviemom/

Old July 15th 05, 05:40 AM
Mark Sicignano

http://www.commonsensemedia.org/ is a nice site for "family friendly"
movie reviews:

Here's a link to the Fantastic 4 review/ratings:
http://www.commonsensemedia.org/revi...3698&type=Film

-mark
--
PC-Turnoff Week - August 1-7, 2005 - www.pcturnoff.org

Old July 15th 05, 09:38 PM
Rose

tracy1878 wrote:
Has anyone seen this movie yet? My 6 yr old, nearly 7, is dying to go, but
since it's a pg13, i don't want to just take him and then be up all night
with him having nightmares.

I took my almost 6 1/2 dd to see it earlier this week. She loved it.
There is violence and the Dr.Doom character is kind of spooky. I pay
little attention to the movie ratings when i am looking at taking my
child. We don't go to the movies very often so this isn't often an
issue. This is the child though that when she came in the room while
I was watching Final Destination 2 we had this conversation:

me: Mommy is watching a scary movie. you might want to go play with Daddy

DD: oh at least I missed the part where she gets her head cut off

me :What!!!!!

Found out the weekend before when she was with my parents at brothers
house the parents fell asleep with the TV on. DD continued to watch it
and saw the movie. She did tell me that she cried at the end. She
couldn't tell me why she didn't change the channel or turn it off or
wake pappa up. I had a long talk with my stepfather about letting her
watch tv.