who colored their hair?

Old August 4th 03, 07:53 PM
Karen P

Default who colored their hair?

I know the jury is still out on the subject of hair dye during
pregnancy. And I know that different doctors have different opinions.
So, I'd like to hear from women who actually colored their hair during
pregnancy and had their baby's. Have you noticed any ill effects on
your baby? Obviously I know that some problems can show up later in
life, but, up until now, is everything okay? I am not pregnant yet,
but trying. I did not color during my first pregnancy because I was
too scared. I let myself go mostly grey- YUCK! I hate to do that
again, but I will, if need be. So, have any of you dyed your hair
during pregnancy, if so what kind did you use? Was the baby okay or
did you have any problems?

Thanks alot!
Old August 4th 03, 08:22 PM
Denise

"Karen P" wrote in message
I know the jury is still out on the subject of hair dye during
pregnancy. And I know that different doctors have different opinions.
So, I'd like to hear from women who actually colored their hair during
pregnancy and had their baby's. Have you noticed any ill effects on
your baby? Obviously I know that some problems can show up later in
life, but, up until now, is everything okay? I am not pregnant yet,
but trying. I did not color during my first pregnancy because I was
too scared. I let myself go mostly grey- YUCK! I hate to do that
again, but I will, if need be. So, have any of you dyed your hair
during pregnancy, if so what kind did you use? Was the baby okay or
did you have any problems?

Thanks alot!

I've dyed my hair during all my pregnancies but the last. The only problem
I've noticed is that the color didn't take as well as it did when I was
unpregnant.

Old August 4th 03, 10:42 PM
Nat

Hi Karen,

I coloured my hair just did it after the three month period and my child is
nearly 6 years old and fine and healthy. Don't see the problem really they
wouldn't be allow to sell the stuff if it had effects on an unborn child.

Nat

Old August 5th 03, 12:24 AM
Aprill

I coloured my hair before I knew I was pregnant.. must have only been
about 10 days along... anyway i noticed some colour kept coming out in
the shower and on the towel for days afterwards. That's never happened
before. I'm only about 12/13 weeks now and had one ultrasound and
things looked fine so far. I'm not worried about it.

cheers,
Aprill

Old August 5th 03, 03:52 AM
Sue

The only problem that I have heard of, is that it doesn't take as well while
pregnant.
--
Sue
mom to three girls

Old August 5th 03, 08:08 PM
zeldabee

Karen P wrote:
So, have any of you dyed your hair
during pregnancy, if so what kind did you use? Was the baby okay or
did you have any problems?

I color my hair, though I haven't had my baby yet. I haven't colored it as
aften as I did pre-pregnancy, but anyway, I'm not worried.

--
z e l d a b e e @ p a n i x . c o m http://NewsReader.Com/
Old August 6th 03, 06:20 AM
iphigenia

Karen P wrote:
I know the jury is still out on the subject of hair dye during
pregnancy. And I know that different doctors have different opinions.

There are doctors that advise against it out of, IMO, an excess of caution,
but there's no evidence that it's necessarily a problem. In the 70s there
were compounds in darker dyes that were teratogenic, but those are no longer
used.

So, I'd like to hear from women who actually colored their hair during
pregnancy and had their baby's. Have you noticed any ill effects on
your baby?

I can't think what could possibly be wrong with any child that could be
directly attributed to prenatal use of hair color...

I colored my hair after the first trimester. I was careful to use
low-ammonia dyes and make sure that there was plenty of ventilation, plus I
covered my hair with a cap during processing.

--
iphigenia
www.tristyn.net

When did daycares become "schools"? P. Tierney General 267 November 13th 04 04:13 PM
Hair Chewing Charles Haron General 1 March 25th 04 11:11 PM
12 month old pinches and pulls hair! help! Hope General 6 December 17th 03 04:53 PM
who colored their hair? Karen P General 13 August 8th 03 03:43 AM
any tips on washing DD's hair? Jean General (moderated) 14 July 14th 03 08:02 PM