Sore joints

Old December 5th 05, 02:06 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Default Sore joints

I am 35 weeks pregnant and yesterday drove three hours to visit some
relatives in another city. I did take one break from driving but we sat the
entire time in the restaurant then I drove the three hours home with one
break. Last night the pain in my hips (especially the one I don't use to
drive) was unbearable. It is better now but I was wondering if this is to be
expected. I know I over did things but this was some hardcore hurting!

--
..oO rach Oo.

Old December 5th 05, 02:53 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

If you do things like that at 35 weeks pregnant you shouldn't be surprised
you feel sore, remember your centre of gravity has signigicantly changed so
the forces through your hips are going to be very different to usual. I'd
recommend no more long car journies.

Anne

Old December 5th 05, 04:05 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

..oO rach Oo. wrote:
I am 35 weeks pregnant and yesterday drove three hours to visit some
relatives in another city. I did take one break from driving but we sat the
entire time in the restaurant then I drove the three hours home with one
break. Last night the pain in my hips (especially the one I don't use to
drive) was unbearable. It is better now but I was wondering if this is to be
expected. I know I over did things but this was some hardcore hurting!

At 38 weeks I was a backseat passenger in a car for over 4 hours [each
way] as the family had to attend the funeral of DH's grandma. My poor
knees and hips. I still remember the throbbing pain 5 months later!

Jacqueline
Old December 5th 05, 05:26 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

".oO rach Oo." wrote in message
I am 35 weeks pregnant and yesterday drove three hours to visit some
relatives in another city. I did take one break from driving but we sat the
entire time in the restaurant then I drove the three hours home with one
break. Last night the pain in my hips (especially the one I don't use to
drive) was unbearable. It is better now but I was wondering if this is to
be expected. I know I over did things but this was some hardcore hurting!

--
.oO rach Oo.

My joints hurt alot too - I'm at 39.5 wks now. First I noticed it in my
hips and low back, but now my knees ache and also strangely enough my wrists
and finger joints. I think it could possibly be the water retention in my
case is putting pressure on the nerves.

Old December 5th 05, 06:58 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

I'm at 24 weeks now, and I started feeling hip pain at about 12 weeks I
think, especially at night. Probably something to do with lying on them
all the time when I'm sleeping!

I found that sleeping with a pillow between my knees helps a lot - not
sure why, it must correct the alignment of your legs or something. The
hips still get sort of sore, though not the excruciating pain you
describe - I have to flip a couple of times a night when the hip on the
bottom gets sore and stiff.

My lower back gave me trouble back then too, but that has mostly
subsided.

Only a few more weeks for you, hang in there! You could be like me,
and have another 16 weeks on your road.

KD

AFand sore nipples al Breastfeeding 2 October 28th 05 10:38 PM
Recurring Sore on Back Lizajane Pregnancy 2 February 10th 04 04:54 PM
sore nipples & breasts MonifromMarrs Breastfeeding 4 January 18th 04 10:42 PM
What can I take for a sore back Sue Breastfeeding 10 December 10th 03 06:55 PM