MMR JUDGE FAILED TO DISCLOSE HE WAS BROTHER OF Glaxo SmithKline DIRECTOR AND LANCET BOSS

Old May 23rd 07, 12:51 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology,talk.politics.medicine,uk.people.health
Kevysmom[_2_]

Default MMR JUDGE FAILED TO DISCLOSE HE WAS BROTHER OF Glaxo SmithKline DIRECTOR AND LANCET BOSS

PBS and NPR tend to be rather liberal. I guess it is not a very
conservative idea to pay for quality broadcasting, as the members of the
individual NPR and PBS stations do.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Wow, we agree on something. I will remember this in the future.

Did you watch the documentary about how we landed up in Iraq on PBS?

Here is the PBS Documentary...

In "The Dark Side," FRONTLINE tells the story of the vice president's
role as the chief architect of the war on terror, and his battle with
Director of Central Intelligence George Tenet for control of the
"dark
side." Drawing on more than 40 interviews and thousands of documents,
the film provides a step-by-step examination of what happened inside
the councils of war.

Early in the Bush administration, Cheney placed a group of allies
throughout the government who advocated a robust and pre-emptive
foreign policy, especially regarding Iraq. But a potential obstacle
was Tenet, a holdover from the Clinton administration who had
survived
the transition by bypassing Cheney and creating a personal bond with
the president.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/darkside/view/

Donna

On May 22, 6:37 pm, Jeff wrote:
Kevysmom wrote:
While the media will occasionally blat out a story, they know who
their daddy is...and they won't tick him off too much. The only
really remotely honest show I've found on TV is on PBS called "Now".

Is this the reason the Bush Administration has been trying to stop
funding PBS?

Old May 23rd 07, 01:42 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology,talk.politics.medicine,uk.people.health
Jeff

Kevysmom wrote:
PBS and NPR tend to be rather liberal. I guess it is not a very
conservative idea to pay for quality broadcasting, as the members of the
individual NPR and PBS stations do.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Wow, we agree on something. I will remember this in the future.

Did you watch the documentary about how we landed up in Iraq on PBS?

I rarely watch PBS. In fact, I rarely watch TV. Don't even get cable. I
get Netflix instead. I get to choose what I watch when I want to watch
it. And I get many of the old TV shows I like.

I listen to NPR all the time.

Here is the PBS Documentary...

In "The Dark Side," FRONTLINE tells the story of the vice president's
role as the chief architect of the war on terror, and his battle with
Director of Central Intelligence George Tenet for control of the
"dark
side." Drawing on more than 40 interviews and thousands of documents,
the film provides a step-by-step examination of what happened inside
the councils of war.

Early in the Bush administration, Cheney placed a group of allies
throughout the government who advocated a robust and pre-emptive
foreign policy, especially regarding Iraq.

You would think with all that time to plan, apparently before the 9/11
attacks and most likely before taking office, someone would have
thought, "We'd better come up with a plan to win the peace after the war
is over. We don't want another View Nam. And we don't want 5000
Americans killed (which is the approximate number including the
contractors who lost their lives)." (Sadly, 100x more Iraqis got killed
and millions of Iraqis have fled their homes.)

But a potential obstacle
was Tenet, a holdover from the Clinton administration who had
survived
the transition by bypassing Cheney and creating a personal bond with
the president.

That reminds me of an old joke after Cheney had his heart problems:
"Bush is only a heart beat away from being President."

Jeff

Old May 23rd 07, 09:48 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology,talk.politics.medicine,uk.people.health
Kevysmom[_2_]

Jeff,

I dont watch tv. I was sent the documentary from a friend.

Do you believe the Lancet report that 650 thousand Iraqis have been
killed since the war started?

This war cost 5 billion dolllars a month! How much we could all
benefit from
medical advances with all that money! Stem cell research, reverse dna
damage! It really makes me sad. And what about alternative fuel?

Donna

On May 22, 6:37 pm, Jeff wrote:
Kevysmom wrote:
While the media will occasionally blat out a story, they know who
their daddy is...and they won't tick him off too much. The only
really remotely honest show I've found on TV is on PBS called "Now".
Is this the reason the Bush Administration has been trying to stop
funding PBS?
PBS and NPR tend to be rather liberal. I guess it is not a very
conservative idea to pay for quality broadcasting, as the members of the
individual NPR and PBS stations do.

Jeff- Hide quoted text -

Old May 23rd 07, 10:44 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology,talk.politics.medicine,uk.people.health
Jeff

Kevysmom wrote:
Jeff,

I dont watch tv. I was sent the documentary from a friend.

Do you believe the Lancet report that 650 thousand Iraqis have been
killed since the war started?

That is 650,000 more Iraqis died than expected. Some were killed, some
died from disease or injury unrelated to the war.

But, those 650,000 are part of the death toll.

This war cost 5 billion dolllars a month!

That's all? I thought it was 3 or 4 times that.

How much we could all
benefit from
medical advances with all that money! Stem cell research, reverse dna
damage! It really makes me sad. And what about alternative fuel?

How about, instead of bringing in people from outside the country to do
our technical jobs, we teach our greatest untapped natural asset? Our kids.

Jeff

Donna

Old May 23rd 07, 11:23 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology,talk.politics.medicine,uk.people.health
Kevysmom[_2_]

That is 650,000 more Iraqis died than expected. Some were killed, some
died from disease or injury unrelated to the war.

But, those 650,000 are part of the death toll.

"80% of Iraqis lack access to sanitation, 70% lack regular access
to clean water and 60% lack access to the public food distribution
system... As a result of these multiple public health failings, diarrhea
and respiratory infections now account for two-thirds of the deaths of
children under 5... According to a 2006 national survey conducted by
UNICEF, 21% of Iraqi children are chronically malnourished."

Isnt lack of sanitation a leading cause of disease?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z0pUzGblOlg

Americans have blood on thier hands! It is up to US, To stop this
blood bath!

How about, instead of bringing in people from outside the country to do
our technical jobs, we teach our greatest untapped natural asset? Our kids.

We have GREAT minds in America, But its cheaper to hire outside help.
They can bring a engineer over from India, and pay him half the cost
to hire an American. Doctors are next!

Old May 23rd 07, 11:40 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology,talk.politics.medicine,uk.people.health
Jeff

Kevysmom wrote:
That is 650,000 more Iraqis died than expected. Some were killed, some
died from disease or injury unrelated to the war.

But, those 650,000 are part of the death toll.

"80% of Iraqis lack access to sanitation, 70% lack regular access
to clean water and 60% lack access to the public food distribution
system... As a result of these multiple public health failings, diarrhea
and respiratory infections now account for two-thirds of the deaths of
children under 5... According to a 2006 national survey conducted by
UNICEF, 21% of Iraqi children are chronically malnourished."

Isnt lack of sanitation a leading cause of disease?

It is. But, the lack of sanitation is also a result of war.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z0pUzGblOlg

Americans have blood on thier hands! It is up to US, To stop this
blood bath!

How about, instead of bringing in people from outside the country to do
our technical jobs, we teach our greatest untapped natural asset? Our kids.

We have GREAT minds in America, But its cheaper to hire outside help.
They can bring a engineer over from India, and pay him half the cost
to hire an American. Doctors are next

I disagree.

It is not as cheap to bring someone from India. And a lot of the money
goes to India, not to the US.

Jeff

Old May 24th 07, 12:17 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology,talk.politics.medicine,uk.people.health
Kevysmom[_2_]

Isnt lack of sanitation a leading cause of disease?

It is. But, the lack of sanitation is also a result of war.

My point is; The 650 thousand in the Lancet study, How many
developed diseases because of the war?

It is not as cheap to bring someone from India. And a lot of the money
goes to India, not to the US.

It is cheaper to bring engineers to America to take American Engineer
jobs. Then to hire an American Engineer. Too much of our money is in
India. Good for thier economy, bad for us.

Old May 24th 07, 03:03 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology,talk.politics.medicine,uk.people.health
David Wright

In article .com,
Kevysmom wrote:
Jeff,

I dont watch tv. I was sent the documentary from a friend.

Do you believe the Lancet report that 650 thousand Iraqis have been
killed since the war started?

This war cost 5 billion dolllars a month! How much we could all
benefit from
medical advances with all that money! Stem cell research, reverse dna
damage! It really makes me sad. And what about alternative fuel?

Iraq is useless for that. They don't produce any significant amount
of alternative fuel.