My New Pet Peeve

Old September 18th 03, 08:12 PM

Default My New Pet Peeve

Stephanie Stowe wrote:
"Stephanie Stowe" wrote in message
. ..

"New York Jen" wrote in message
et...

"Dawn Lawson" wrote in message

Stephanie Stowe wrote:
"New York Jen" wrote in message
et...

So now that Laszlo is quickly entering his terrible two's (is
there really such a thing?) -

My child has never had anything remotely resembling terrible
twos. My mother says they are a myth of ****ty parenting.

My goodness. Niiiiiice. THAT's what Jen wants to hear. :-P''''

Hey Jen....two is hard...not enuf vocabulary, too little to be
big, too big to be little. Hang in there.

hold him while we're standing up...no sitting, no stroller,
nada! And of course, when he doesn't get his way, he screams.

Bummer to be him. That would be my attitude anyway.

Wasn't it you just speaking of an offensive tone in another
post????

Dawn

Dawn,

Thanks...I really love when someone here sticks up for me. Makes
me feel good. :-)

I was just going to ignore the post, but I am appreciative that you
did not.

- Jen

I am sorry. I was not TRYING to be offensive. I re-read my message
and even *I* find it offensive. I am sorry.

P.S. I am not going to try to say what I was trying to say. My
husband has a saying "when in a hole, stop digging."

I think I read it the way you meant it I didn't notice it as offensive
right away...
--
Edith
oht nak

Old September 19th 03, 07:38 AM
H Schinske

Rhiannon ) wrote:

Good for you! I feel for your pet peeve. When people start looking at me I
just glare back and say she's two.

My son used to have a T-shirt that said "Warning: I am two."

--Helen
Old September 20th 03, 04:15 AM
A&G&K

"Irene" wrote in message
om...
Thank you - I needed to see that! ;-) Lately, it seems like when
people ask how Thomas is, my response is, "He's 2. He's very, very
2." I'm really hoping 3 will be better, in his case. Granted, there
are also times when he is incredibly delightful, but there are
times...I once spent almost 20 minutes trying to get him into the
carseat after daycare as he was screaming, "No like Mommy," and I
*know* the people across the street were staring. Fortunately, no one
said anything. I try not to take it personally - when he screams "Go
'way, Mommy" while I'm driving, I'm often tempted to say, "I'm going
away as fast as I can, but you keep following me!"

Irene
mom to Thomas 7/01
#2 EDD 4/10/04

LOL ... my old neighbour was an incredibly calm mother who used the
"ignoring" technique for tantrums (as long as the child was safe). At the
age of 3, her extremely determined DD ( now 19 years old) used to shout
"Hey! Evil One!" when calling out to her in a public place . Nobody knew
where the child got it from (although we suspect that my brother ... about
12 years old at the time .... probably taught that particular phrase to
her It did draw some stares at the time.
Amanda