Chicken Pox Vaccine

Old September 20th 03, 04:34 AM
danielle

Default Chicken Pox Vaccine

Just a question~it seems that I remember some research being reported maybe
4-5 years back that linked girls who had been given the CP vaccine as a
child with infertility issues later on. It didn't say anything about any
issues with boys. Does anyone else remember this? This has been in the
back of my mind for years as a possible reason for me to hold of on the
vaccine for my DD, especially since I endured 5 yrs. of infertility myself.
But I haven't heard any further evidence of this reported, and after hearing
about how Mitch's poor DS had the pox so very bad, I am inclined to
reconsider. It does sound as if schools will probably make it mandatory
soon anyway.

take care,
danielle

"Rob and Laura" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
How many people here got their child vaccinated with the Chicken Pox
vaccine?

I have been reading alot online about it, and am a bit iffy now to have
Izabella done. We went to her Pedi yesterday and he bought it up to us,
wanting to know if we would like to get it done at a cost of 70 CDN and he
said that it would help prevent chicken pox. He said if she got it, it

would
be a very mild case.

I know the vaccine has been in the USA longer than it has in Canada. I am
just wondering if anyone has any other information on it. And if you got
your kid(s) done why did you, and if not why did you choose not too?

I want to make the right choice when it comes to Izabella and her shots,

and
right now I am undecided about this one.

--
Laura
Mommy to Izabella **Feb 10th, 2003**