what happened to baby whisperer website??

Old March 27th 04, 05:54 AM
feride

Default what happened to baby whisperer website??

Anybody knows what happened to baby whisperer website?? I used to
visit all the time for helpful tips looks like doesn't exist anymore I
wonder what happened?

-feride
Old March 27th 04, 03:11 PM
Mary Gordon

http://www.babywhisperer.com/

Is the above the one you mean? Just went there and its working.

Mary G.
Old March 29th 04, 09:55 AM
GlintingHedgehog

On 26 Mar 2004 21:54:02 -0800, feride wrote:

Anybody knows what happened to baby whisperer website?? I used to
visit all the time for helpful tips looks like doesn't exist anymore I
wonder what happened?

Helpful tips? The Baby Whisperer? This would be the woman who says that
extended nursing is for the mother, not the baby? The one who recommends
putting sticking plasters on your breasts while pregnancy to prepare you
for breastfeeding? The one who says small-breasted women will find their
breasts get smaller due to breastfeeding & large-breasted women will sag?
The one who sees the variations in the composition of breastmilk as a
negative thing? The one who claims to have pinched a father's nipples to
show him how much bfing hurts? Who claims that nipple confusion is a myth?
Who says that co-sleeping is likely to lead to no sleep, tired parents &
marital friction?

Not helpful, imho.

--
Hedgehog
(used to be Deb)
Old March 29th 04, 04:34 PM
Plissken

"GlintingHedgehog" wrote in message
| On 26 Mar 2004 21:54:02 -0800, feride wrote:
| | Helpful tips? The Baby Whisperer? This would be the woman who says that
| extended nursing is for the mother, not the baby? The one who recommends
| putting sticking plasters on your breasts while pregnancy to prepare you
| for breastfeeding? The one who says small-breasted women will find their
| breasts get smaller due to breastfeeding & large-breasted women will sag?
| The one who sees the variations in the composition of breastmilk as a
| negative thing? The one who claims to have pinched a father's nipples to
| show him how much bfing hurts? Who claims that nipple confusion is a myth?
| Who says that co-sleeping is likely to lead to no sleep, tired parents &
| marital friction?
|
| Not helpful, imho.

My sentiments exactly! I bought the book and as soon as I saw her opinions
on breastfeeding I put it down and never picked it up again. I wish I had
never spent my money on it.

Nadene

Old March 29th 04, 05:45 PM
iphigenia

Plissken wrote:

My sentiments exactly! I bought the book and as soon as I saw her
opinions on breastfeeding I put it down and never picked it up again.
I wish I had never spent my money on it.

Mine, too. Fortunately, I didn't have to spend my own money on it - my mom
sent it to me when I was pregnant (she'd seen a mention of the book
somewhere, she hadn't read it either). I wasn't nearly as AP as I was then,
but even then I thought, this woman is nuts...

--
tristyn
www.tristyn.net

Old March 29th 04, 08:00 PM

GlintingHedgehog wrote:

Helpful tips? The Baby Whisperer? This would be the woman who says that
extended nursing is for the mother, not the baby? The one who recommends

Doesn't hurt the baby but does it really help the baby to BF past
say 2yrs? I'm asking sincerely, not looking for a fight

putting sticking plasters on your breasts while pregnancy to prepare you
for breastfeeding? The one who says small-breasted women will find their
breasts get smaller due to breastfeeding & large-breasted women will sag?
The one who sees the variations in the composition of breastmilk as a
negative thing? The one who claims to have pinched a father's nipples to
show him how much bfing hurts? Who claims that nipple confusion is a myth?
Who says that co-sleeping is likely to lead to no sleep, tired parents &
marital friction?

I read the book a long time ago and distinctly remember her being
against co-sleeping but pro-BF.

Old March 29th 04, 11:10 PM
GlintingHedgehog

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 13:00:15 -0600, wrote:

Doesn't hurt the baby but does it really help the baby to BF past
say 2yrs? I'm asking sincerely, not looking for a fight

Yes, there are many benefits to bfing past 2yo. A nursing toddler continues
to receive many of the benefits that bfing provides for babies. It's also a
wonderful way to reconnect after a battle of wills :-). Have a look at
http://www.kellymom.com/bf/bfextended/ebf-benefits.html and
http://www.breastfeeding.co.uk/articles/newman20.html

putting sticking plasters on your breasts while pregnancy to prepare you
for breastfeeding? The one who says small-breasted women will find their
breasts get smaller due to breastfeeding & large-breasted women will sag?
The one who sees the variations in the composition of breastmilk as a
negative thing? The one who claims to have pinched a father's nipples to
show him how much bfing hurts? Who claims that nipple confusion is a myth?
Who says that co-sleeping is likely to lead to no sleep, tired parents &
marital friction?

I read the book a long time ago and distinctly remember her being
against co-sleeping but pro-BF.

She *claims* to be pro-bfing, but says "While I agree that human milk is
undoubtedly best for babies, we mustn't go overboard. The oft-quoted
research findings represent statistical probabilities; breastfed babies
sometimes contract these diseases too"...which is true, but it's not really
a very pro-bf attitude, is it? A bit like "we know smoking causes cancer,
but it's all statistics, non-smokers get cancer too, so we mustn't be too
concerned about smoking" iyswim. And she displays a startling level of
misinformation about breastfeeding, some of what she writes is
astonishingly inaccurate, & even the most basic of research would have
corrected it. But then if you didn't consider bfing important, you wouldn't
bother doing the research, would you? :-|

--
Hedgehog
Old March 30th 04, 03:06 AM
iphigenia

Larry McMahan wrote:
We have a daughter who would stop eating solid foods every time she
got the flu. She had a bad case at least three times after she was 2
and before she stopped nursing (at 5 1/2). Each time, our reaction
was "Thank god she is still nursing."

I couldn't agree more. Gabe had tonsillitis about a month ago. He would not
allow any food or drink past his lips, accepting only the breast. Had he not
been nursing, I expect I would have been worrying a lot about trying to get
Pedialyte and such into him, just to keep him hydrated. Breastmilk kept him
not only hydrated but getting calories, as well as immune system help.

--
tristyn
www.tristyn.net