Dr. Phil highlighted FOSTER HORROR STORIES TODAY

Old July 15th 04, 04:43 AM
Kane

Default Dr. Phil highlighted FOSTER HORROR STORIES TODAY

On 14 Jul 2004 23:16:38 GMT, (Fern5827) wrote:

....not thinking about the waning credibility of Dr Phil as a
psychologist and his real role on TV as an entertainer.......

And of course posting the alt.parenting.spanking when there's not a
single thing in the post about CP or spanking...nice going you old
senile fart.

John, one intelligent young teen, was moved at least 15 times in and

among
foster homes in California.

One intelligent young teen can easily force moves because of household
rules he or she doesn't like to follow. He can also go on national TV,
something every teen drools over, to tell his "story" as the producers
direct him to do to up the ratings and support the advertiser dollar
billing in the millions for just one show.

A single call, often coached by the bio parents, to the worker
claiming sexual abuse in the home, and out the kid goes. No thought to
what he or she leaves behind of course, in the lives of the foster's
that sacrificed for them.

That means attending at least 15 different shools.

R R R R....not a logical cell in your entire brain, is there, Pear?

No it doesn't. He could have been moved within the school district or
even given free bus passes to travel, at 15, to his first school. It's
done a lot.

But even the head of DSS in California acknowledges that DCFS places

far too
many kids in Foster Care. Even the head wishes and acknowledges that

they can
lower those in FC by fifty per cent.

Sure wish there was a way to reduce foster care by parents doing their
job and NOT abusing and neglecting their kids too.

But the brainy young foster John, achieved in the 95th percentile of

the ACT.

And you think he couldn't engineer his moves to homes were he could
better con the new fosters? R R R R R .....

Then there are these other reasons why children are moved: foster
family can't support the extra costs; the child is dangerous to family
or other foster children; the foster parents retire from age or health
reasons, or because they are simply worn out from trying to care for
and help kids heal, whose bio parents have injured them physically and
mentally.

Or a first time temporary placement is counted as a move, as it should
be of course. Or the state is looking for a place that better suits
the child's circumstances, like putting them within an easy commute
for parents to come to visitations, or the state to transport the
child to home visitations.

Or the court orders the move, and they have their own set of reasons
as well.

Or the bio parents **** and moan, usually falsely, about the care the
child is getting in foster, to the point the state intervenes with a
move to put a stop to the bitching. Of course it picks up again in
short order usually.

He would like to study law, to liberate other unfortunates from FC in
California.

Typical Douggie propaganda speak. Nice going.

"Liberate." R R R R R

What, and send them home to the streets or abusive and neglectful
parents?

Like all other humans, who when we are young think we can save the
world, he will get around to reality eventually. Now if he can dream
up a career that actually does turn drug and alcohol abusing child
molesting parents around, I will be the first to congratulate him, and
even do now for his ambition, as off target as it might be if what you
say about his ambition is true, Tomato.

DESCRIPTORS; CPS, FOSTER CARE, CALIFORNIA, KINSHIP CARE, DSS

People posting to this NG derive income from Foster care. They need

the ca$h.

If they really needed the cash they'd likely make much more, and less
dangerously, raising puppies, but they will never make a profit
fostering children in the state systems. Some few, such as Sherman,
appear to enjoy a good enough income they contribute personally to the
child and their future, where the state cannot.

Some badly strain their own family budgets to help children parents
wouldn't care for safely.

Abused and neglected children are usually far more expensive to care
for than children not so treated. They come with gorging for survival
(and secretive hoarding of food as well) rip through and lose clothing
and footwear at an alarming rate, requiring even weekly clothing runs
to the store.

The break windows, kick holes in walls, tear up curtains, vandalize in
the neighborhood, and other acting out their pain and rage, now that
they are in a safe place where they know they will not be beaten or
tortured if they speak out.

Many have never participated in school activities until they went into
foster and the FPs paid personally for the school activites, band,
athletics, science clubs, and such. State funding for extra
activities, dwindling over the last decade, took a huge dump last year
and the year before...along with the economy. Foster fill the gap.

Foster parents generally are good hearted people that genuinely care
about children and are willing to sacrifice for them where the parents
did NOT.

What have YOU done for a child today, except champion their beatings
and excuse the abuses and neglect that endanger them, Acorn?

Kane