OT...my mom

Old August 25th 06, 03:52 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Bev

Default OT...my mom

Mom is back in the hospital . She is in congestive heart failure due to
complications from COPD. Apparently there are also blood clots
somewhere in either her aortic valve (mechanical) and or lungs. Since
mom can not lie flat and breathe........argh o.k. sister just Im'd me
mom just fell in the bathroom at the hospital and hit her head, looks
like she was allowed to get up to go there....sometimes I just dont
understand......my sis is on her way to the hospital to check on mom ,
she talked to her on the phone and says she does not sound right. I'll
be flying out as soon as sis finds me a flight, I need to help her
figure this out and see my mom.
Bev

Old August 25th 06, 05:14 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
xkatx

"Bev" wrote in message
ps.com...
Mom is back in the hospital . She is in congestive heart failure due to
complications from COPD. Apparently there are also blood clots
somewhere in either her aortic valve (mechanical) and or lungs. Since
mom can not lie flat and breathe........argh o.k. sister just Im'd me
mom just fell in the bathroom at the hospital and hit her head, looks
like she was allowed to get up to go there....sometimes I just dont
understand......my sis is on her way to the hospital to check on mom ,
she talked to her on the phone and says she does not sound right. I'll
be flying out as soon as sis finds me a flight, I need to help her
figure this out and see my mom.
Bev

Aww! ((Hugs))
That doesn't sound good, although I really don't have a clue about medical
or semi-medical lingo
Hopefully she's a bit better than it sounds to me, and hopefully you can
find that flight soon!
Your family has my thoughts and prayers!

Old August 25th 06, 07:28 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Bev

xkatx wrote:
"Bev" wrote in message
ps.com...
[...]

Thank you Kat!

Ugh .......I just had a car accident ...... I quit smoking cold turkey
this past Tues. morn at 10 a.m. and all this is starting to make me
want one so now I am fighting the emotional urge to just smoke my
brains out to go along with my day .........

My sis called while I was out taking Mari to work because it was
raining a little and her car has broken wipers. mom still has slurred
speach the CT scan does not show any bleeding in her head...they took
her off the blood thinner she was on intravenously for the clots now
because of the blow to the head. They will do another CT scan to
recheck on the blow to the head.

On my way home after dropping Mari off at work I am driving up the
highway doing the speed limit of 50-55 and the guy in front of me
decides to slam on his break and slow down to stop for an ambulance
that is stopped to the right at a stop sign to pull out onto the
highway! Even the guy driving the ambulance said to this elderly guy "
Yea ! but you dont do that until after you pass by us, then you slow
down pull to the right and let us by".........

I only hope that my car gets fixed after this I do not have collision
darn it ! Of course I am grateful no one was hurt ......I am grateful
at this time the car is still driveable. I will be flying out to Texas
on Sunday.

Time to make calls ,get groceries in the house, do some cleaning, pack
some clothes, make arrangements for S and J cause an adult has to be
with them at all times via court order since the custody thing , so
that Mari can keep working to bring home the bacon she cant be that
person ! Lots to do ............will update as I can !
Bev

Old August 25th 06, 11:52 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Bev

'Kate wrote:
On 25 Aug 2006 11:28:55 -0700, "Bev" the
following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

xkatx wrote:
"Bev" wrote in message
ps.com...
[...]

where in Texas?
If you're coming anywhere near Houston, LMK.

'K

I'm thinking Dallas/Fort Worth is not so close to Houston , sux and one
of these days though, it would be really nice to see you. I dont know
if you recall way back another place in time when I was gonna take a
trip to Houston for my Mom's brothers "USS HOUSTON" survivors ceremony.
He was a POW during WW2 . He passed away August 6th, 2006.

She was supposed to be traveling with my sister to Virginia for the
Military service for him on Sept. 7th kinda sux she will not be able to
be there.

..............argh!
Bev

Old August 26th 06, 12:04 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Bev

'Kate wrote:
On 25 Aug 2006 07:52:47 -0700, "Bev" the
following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

Mom is back in the hospital . She is in congestive heart failure due to
complications from COPD. Apparently there are also blood clots
somewhere in either her aortic valve (mechanical) and or lungs. Since
mom can not lie flat and breathe........argh o.k. sister just Im'd me
mom just fell in the bathroom at the hospital and hit her head, looks
like she was allowed to get up to go there....sometimes I just dont
understand......my sis is on her way to the hospital to check on mom ,
she talked to her on the phone and says she does not sound right. I'll
be flying out as soon as sis finds me a flight, I need to help her
figure this out and see my mom.
Bev

I hope that she'll be ok. Be safe. Don't wear a water bra.

check in when you can.
You know our thoughts are with you and your family.

'K

Thanks Kate I'm hoping this fall does not complicate her recovery .
Talked to my sis a little bit ago. Latest news on mom is the CT scan
didn't show anything and they will do another this evening to keep an
eye on things. She is still talking slurred speech and her pupils are
different sizes but the nurse is saying the speech is due to
medications (although up until this fall mom was not slurring her
speech ?) and that her pupils are responding to light so not to worry .

They stopped the heparin for the obvious reasons and began a magnesium
drip , which I am not sure why except that it must be low? Before her
fall her pulmonary Doc ordered a CT scan of her lungs which is now put
off till tomorrow. Basically she told me today she is feeling better,
does not know why she felt dizzy and fell backwards , she did sound
less froggy in her voice but it is like I am talking to a drunk....I am
not thrilled and I will be leaving Philadelphia airport at 8 a.m Sunday
morning, have a stop over in Georgia till 12:21 p.m. and will arrive at
Dallas/Fort Worth at 1:36 p.m. We decided on a one way ticket not sure
how long I'll be staying.

I'm gonna have to delay my physical therapy for my knees until after I
get back home, as well as the job search. Kinda a good thing this is
like it is for me right now ,makes going to be with mom easier
.........no boss to **** off!
Bev

P.S.

water bra advice noted..........smile

Old August 26th 06, 12:45 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Tiffany

"Bev" wrote in message
ps.com...
Mom is back in the hospital . She is in congestive heart failure due to
complications from COPD. Apparently there are also blood clots
somewhere in either her aortic valve (mechanical) and or lungs. Since
mom can not lie flat and breathe........argh o.k. sister just Im'd me
mom just fell in the bathroom at the hospital and hit her head, looks
like she was allowed to get up to go there....sometimes I just dont
understand......my sis is on her way to the hospital to check on mom ,
she talked to her on the phone and says she does not sound right. I'll
be flying out as soon as sis finds me a flight, I need to help her
figure this out and see my mom.
Bev

Be safe and hope mom is ok!

Old August 26th 06, 02:47 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Bev

On 25 Aug 2006 16:04:38 -0700, "Bev" the

'Kate wrote:
[...]

Hard to say what they gave her after the fall.

This is true ..my sister asked them about the slurred speech and they
said caused from the meds but didn't specify they gave her anything new
since after the fall, makes us suspicious as to why she is talking this
way only after the fall and to think they would say we gave her such
and such after she fell?
Strange.....

They stopped the heparin for the obvious reasons and began a magnesium
drip , which I am not sure why except that it must be low?

My understanding of that is that when there's congestive heart failure,
magnesium and potassium are issues. I'm not sure how that works.

Ahhh o.k. in my reading I hadn't come across that thanks!

Before her
fall her pulmonary Doc ordered a CT scan of her lungs which is now put
off till tomorrow. Basically she told me today she is feeling better,
does not know why she felt dizzy and fell backwards , she did sound
less froggy in her voice but it is like I am talking to a drunk....I am
not thrilled and I will be leaving Philadelphia airport at 8 a.m Sunday
morning, have a stop over in Georgia till 12:21 p.m. and will arrive at
Dallas/Fort Worth at 1:36 p.m. We decided on a one way ticket not sure
how long I'll be staying.

I'm gonna have to delay my physical therapy for my knees until after I
get back home, as well as the job search. Kinda a good thing this is
like it is for me right now ,makes going to be with mom easier
........no boss to **** off!

Funny how that happens... just when you have the time, someone fills it
for you.

Yea isn't that a real riot Alice ?!?!?!?!??! works for me just the same
I am glad........
Bev

P.S.

water bra advice noted..........smile

LOL... I think they stopped that but I couldn't resist. At least it'll
giveya a smile when they make you take your shoes off at check in.

Nope......... Sis says make sure I leave all my liquids home!

She then also told me about how utterly HOT it is out there ! Last
night at 7 p.m. at the Dallas/Fort Worth Airport it was 103* Security
is quite high yet they made her go out there to show them her ID and
credit card to book my flight ! Not a bad deal $108.00 one way although
I myself never heard of AIRTRAN Airlines! GULP I really do not like
to fly!
this will be only my 4th flight in my life, anyway back to my
cooking....I decided to cook off some italian sausage for the crew so
they can eat something decent while I'm gone ...LOL! Mari so can not
cook! otherwise its hotdogs and hamburgers Mac and cheese , soups, and
other premade items. I dont think they'll starve. Mari makes a mean
bowl of cereal ...............

No new news on mom I'll call her soon...have to go for a ride down the
street to call her long distance on my cell, which reminds me, if I
sent you an e-mail through this group where it says reply to author
will only you get it ? I was thinking to give you my cell number, just
in case you might find a moment to give me a call while I'm out there,
be nice to chat a little and update you on how mom is doing. Let me
know please.........
Bev

Old August 26th 06, 06:55 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Kim

"Bev" wrote in message
ps.com...
Mom is back in the hospital . She is in congestive heart failure due to
complications from COPD. Apparently there are also blood clots
somewhere in either her aortic valve (mechanical) and or lungs. Since
mom can not lie flat and breathe........argh o.k. sister just Im'd me
mom just fell in the bathroom at the hospital and hit her head, looks
like she was allowed to get up to go there....sometimes I just dont
understand......my sis is on her way to the hospital to check on mom ,
she talked to her on the phone and says she does not sound right. I'll
be flying out as soon as sis finds me a flight, I need to help her
figure this out and see my mom.
Bev

Sorry to hear about your mom Bev... I hope she is better by the time you
arrive... When it rains it certainly pours in your house!

Old August 26th 06, 08:43 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Bev

Tiffany wrote:
"Bev" wrote in message
ps.com...
Mom is back in the hospital . She is in congestive heart failure due to
complications from COPD. Apparently there are also blood clots
somewhere in either her aortic valve (mechanical) and or lungs. Since
mom can not lie flat and breathe........argh o.k. sister just Im'd me
mom just fell in the bathroom at the hospital and hit her head, looks
like she was allowed to get up to go there....sometimes I just dont
understand......my sis is on her way to the hospital to check on mom ,
she talked to her on the phone and says she does not sound right. I'll
be flying out as soon as sis finds me a flight, I need to help her
figure this out and see my mom.
Bev

Be safe and hope mom is ok!

Thanks a bunch Tiff ! I hope she gets back to her old self...she was
doing really good despite her health issues . Things feel different
this time ...well kindof...cause the last one with the internal
bleeding was worse than other times before that and this hospital stay
seems even worse emotionally on all us ,especially her. I spoke with
her briefly a couple hours ago and I cried when I hung up...she just
doesn't sound herself at all. I always say I love you at the end of
phone calls and she loves me back but this time she said ok bye. Ouch !
Bev

Old August 26th 06, 09:05 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Bev

Kim wrote:
"Bev" wrote in message
ps.com...
Mom is back in the hospital . She is in congestive heart failure due to
complications from COPD. Apparently there are also blood clots
somewhere in either her aortic valve (mechanical) and or lungs. Since
mom can not lie flat and breathe........argh o.k. sister just Im'd me
mom just fell in the bathroom at the hospital and hit her head, looks
like she was allowed to get up to go there....sometimes I just dont
understand......my sis is on her way to the hospital to check on mom ,
she talked to her on the phone and says she does not sound right. I'll
be flying out as soon as sis finds me a flight, I need to help her
figure this out and see my mom.
Bev

Sorry to hear about your mom Bev... I hope she is better by the time you arrive...

Thanks Kim I am praying things will start going towards the better for
her soon.

When it rains it certainly pours in your house!

Yea and without the benefit of an umbrella ! Heres hoping for a change
in weather and a little sun fingers crossed

Bev