Corporal Punishment, illegal in the US

Old July 2nd 06, 04:44 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Default Corporal Punishment, illegal in the US

Yep folks, it's official. Corporal punishment of children is illegal in
at least one state.

http://www.tribune-georgian.com/arti...letter6.28.txt

contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin (or someone else)
Old July 2nd 06, 09:14 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Default PARENTAL SPANKING LEGAL IN ALL 50 STATES

Wasn't about parental spanking, was about Listerine use as CP in
daycare.

http://www.tribune-georgian.com/arti...letter6.28.txt
Corporal punishment in day care, above all, was illegal

Dear Editor, I am writing to address some of the letters written
regarding the alleged abuse that occurred at Little Treasures Daycare.

The point is not whether you think what the director did was
appropriate discipline or whether "God told her it was OK."

The point is it was illegal.

I have worked in childcare for six years. Every year you are required
by law to undergo 10 hours of state certified training. Anyone who goes
through this training knows there are laws defining appropriate
discipline.

We are not allowed to physically punish a child in any way. It doesn't
matter if you think a spanking would help. Or if you think a child
should have their mouth washed out with Listerine for biting. Your
opinion does not matter.

What you do with your own child at your home is your business. What a
child care worker does at a daycare is everyone's business. These laws
are in place to protect the children and the workers. They are not that
hard to follow.

There are other, more appropriate ways of handling a biter. A child who
bites is not necessarily an aggressive or mean child. Especially if
they are only 2 years old. Most 2-year-olds do not yet possess the
communication skills to say "I'm mad" or "I'm frustrated," thus they,
many times, end up biting.

I'm not saying biting is an appropriate behavior. It isn't. But there
are better ways of dealing with it than putting Listerine in a child's
mouth.

Morghan Rebekah Drury
St. Marys,

Old July 13th 06, 01:43 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking
Greegor

Kane, Why did you misrepresent this so wildly?
Is this the extent of your honesty or is this an example
where your ZEAL justifies such dishonesty?

The article does not say anything like what you claimed.

Old July 13th 06, 02:02 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking
0:->

Greegor wrote:
Wasn't about parental spanking,

I know. I didn't say it was. That new subject line above was YOUR
substitution for mine. Neither in the subject, or the body of the
message I wrote did I say, "PARENTAL SPANKING LEGAL IN ALL 50 STATES"

was about Listerine use as CP in
daycare.

Yep. And THIS IS WHAT I actually said, "Yep folks, it's official.
Corporal punishment of children is illegal in at least one state."

See the word "spanking" there anywhere?

I recall your vehement confrontations with Fern for posting with
subjects that did not conform to content.

You were great...oh wait. That was ME that did that, and you were dead
silent. In fact, siding with her from time to time for posting that CPS
was responsible for things they are not even legally mandated to do.

And you cannot read either. R R R R

From this very post:

"not allowed to physically punish a child in any way"

Followed by:

"It doesn't matter if you think a spanking would help."

So, Greg. Even though I did not mention spanking, the article did, and
YOU claimed it was not about spanking.

I suppose you'll run without apologizing for two attempts to
misrepresent my post....one, changing my subject field and then claiming
my subject was wrong. Then claiming that YOUR OWN SUBJECT THAT YOU
SUBSTITUTED WAS INCORRECT..and finding that in fact it was NOT.

So, in both cases, even when YOU FAKED BEING ME, I was right and you
were wrong.

I probably won't be able to get a good night's sleep tonight for the
laughter waking me up....my own.

See where aborting attributions and substituting your own words for
another's gets yah, Greg?

0:-

Where's my few lines of narrative that I preceded this article with, Greg?

Why did you abort them?