Surrogate mother keeps baby and files for child support?

Old May 26th 07, 07:19 PM posted to alt.child-support
whatamess

Default Surrogate mother keeps baby and files for child support?

What the government has created...what a nightmare for this couple...

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/f...?storyid=82698

Old May 26th 07, 07:41 PM posted to alt.child-support
[email protected]

On May 26, 1:19?pm, whatamess wrote:
What the government has created...what a nightmare for this couple...

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/f....aspx?storyid=...

Well, it's pretty much assured the woman will keep the baby and the
father will pay.

Old May 27th 07, 01:10 AM posted to alt.child-support
Werebat

wrote:

On May 26, 1:19?pm, whatamess wrote:

What the government has created...what a nightmare for this couple...

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/f....aspx?storyid=...

Well, it's pretty much assured the woman will keep the baby and the
father will pay.

Of course! That's what's in the best interests of the child!

- Ron ^*^

Old May 27th 07, 12:14 PM posted to alt.child-support
John Meyer[_2_]

Werebat wrote:

wrote:

On May 26, 1:19?pm, whatamess wrote:

What the government has created...what a nightmare for this couple...

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/f....aspx?storyid=...

Well, it's pretty much assured the woman will keep the baby and the
father will pay.

Of course! That's what's in the best interests of the child!

Well, given that this happened in the state where people were too dumb
to distinguish between Buchanan and Gore and the judges were too dumb to
distinguish between the victim of paternity fraud and the perpetrator, I
really can't say that I'm all that surprised.
Old May 27th 07, 07:39 PM posted to alt.child-support
Bob Whiteside

wrote in message
oups.com...
On May 26, 1:19?pm, whatamess wrote:
What the government has created...what a nightmare for this couple...

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/f....aspx?storyid=...

Well, it's pretty much assured the woman will keep the baby and the
father will pay.

Birthing for dollars. The great American dream. Get paid as a surrogate to
have a kid. Get paid as a surrogate to keep a kid. Either way you get
paid. Don't you just love how our family laws always protect a woman's
right to renege on her agreements?

Old May 27th 07, 09:55 PM posted to alt.child-support
John Meyer[_2_]

Bob Whiteside wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
On May 26, 1:19?pm, whatamess wrote:
What the government has created...what a nightmare for this couple...

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/f....aspx?storyid=...

Well, it's pretty much assured the woman will keep the baby and the
father will pay.

Birthing for dollars. The great American dream. Get paid as a surrogate to
have a kid. Get paid as a surrogate to keep a kid. Either way you get
paid. Don't you just love how our family laws always protect a woman's
right to renege on her agreements?

Whenever I think about this, I'm at a crossroads: is this a
matriarchists dream or is this just the paternalistic part of judges
saying "that little lady doesn't know any better so we'll protect her
from herself." I think there's a little bit of sexism going both ways
to protect people who lie and cheat simply because they are just so cute.
Old May 28th 07, 12:37 AM posted to alt.child-support
Gini

"John Meyer" wrote
Bob Whiteside wrote:
danielobrien wrote

whatamess wrote:
What the government has created...what a nightmare for this couple...

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/f....aspx?storyid=...
Well, it's pretty much assured the woman will keep the baby and the
father will pay.

Birthing for dollars. The great American dream. Get paid as a surrogate
have a kid. Get paid as a surrogate to keep a kid. Either way you get
paid. Don't you just love how our family laws always protect a woman's
right to renege on her agreements?

Whenever I think about this, I'm at a crossroads: is this a
matriarchists dream or is this just the paternalistic part of judges
saying "that little lady doesn't know any better so we'll protect her
from herself." I think there's a little bit of sexism going both ways
to protect people who lie and cheat simply because they are just so cute.

==
You saw a picture? I couldn't even find her name.

Old May 28th 07, 04:39 AM posted to alt.child-support
Chris

"Bob Whiteside" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
On May 26, 1:19?pm, whatamess wrote:
What the government has created...what a nightmare for this couple...

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/f....aspx?storyid=...

Well, it's pretty much assured the woman will keep the baby and the
father will pay.

Birthing for dollars. The great American dream. Get paid as a surrogate

have a kid. Get paid as a surrogate to keep a kid. Either way you get
paid. Don't you just love how our family laws always protect a woman's
right to renege on her agreements?

Indeed!
However, this guy (and his wife) has to be a real fool to believe that he
can father a child with another woman and escape "child support".

Old May 28th 07, 02:42 PM posted to alt.child-support
John Meyer[_2_]

Gini wrote:
"John Meyer" wrote
Bob Whiteside wrote:
danielobrien wrote

whatamess wrote:
[...]

It's actually more of a general comment (no I don't have a picture).
You could be right: I wonder if even the sperm wanted to be in the same
room during the artificial insemination absent a two drink minimum. But
how many times have you seen a man try to convince a judge with those
big old puppy dog eyes? And how many times did that succeed?
I'm also wondering if the kidnapper does get child support, will it come
only from the father? If the egg is from the wife, would the judge
order both to pay?
And what about custody/visitation? Would that same judge order
visitation, if not on that order than on a parallel order. Not that I
hold out much chance of that given the Florida Short Bus Nine. Very
likely he's going to find the state Supreme Court blaming _him_ for what
happened.
Old May 28th 07, 02:45 PM posted to alt.child-support
John Meyer[_2_]

Chris wrote:
Indeed!
However, this guy (and his wife) has to be a real fool to believe that he
can father a child with another woman and escape "child support".

Well, if he doesn't know he's a fool, the Florida Short Bus Nine
(Supreme Court) will tell him to his face.
BTW, do we have any Florida residents in this room. If so I wonder if
they could call for legislation ending this sort of reneging on a valid
contract.