piercing problem?

Old December 29th 03, 07:49 PM
Lez & Carla

Default piercing problem?

Hi,

Could anyone offer any help or advice on breastfeeding after having a
piercing removed?

I took out my nipple ring over a year ago but am still getting like a 'core'
thing coming out if squoze and to be honest it doesnt smell too pretty (EW
gross! Way to stop people replying) I've seen my GP who gave me Nystan and
said it'd clear it up. It didn't! I went back and he said I should stop
thinking about it.
I haven't delivered yet (am 29 weeks) but am wanting to sort this out before
he arrives as I loved feeding my other 2 kids. I just cant stand the
thought of my breast being 'skanky' while trying to feed.

Sorry for grossing you out
Carla

Old December 30th 03, 01:09 AM
Cathy Weeks

"Lez & Carla" wrote in message ...
Hi,

Could anyone offer any help or advice on breastfeeding after having a
piercing removed?

I took out my nipple ring over a year ago but am still getting like a 'core'
thing coming out if squoze and to be honest it doesnt smell too pretty (EW
gross! Way to stop people replying) I've seen my GP who gave me Nystan and
said it'd clear it up. It didn't! I went back and he said I should stop
thinking about it.

He's right. I had my nipples pierced, and removed the jewelry 5 months
later. Then five years (yes, FIVE years later) I had my daughter. I
could still see where the piercings were, and could occasionally get
some hard kind of pasty stuff to come out of one of them. I'm
guessing it's a sort of smegma, but it didn't smell particularly bad.

Anyway, to make a long story short .. my daughter was born two years
ago, and I quit getting that stuff when I began breastfeeding, and
it's completely gone ...haven't seen it at ALL. I'm guessing the milk
keeps it cleaned out. Plus, breastmilk has anti-bacterial properties,
and that should help it further.

Oddly enough, the side that I could get the stuff to come out of ...no
milk ever comes out of the piercing. The side I usually didn't get
stuff out of ... milk comes out of the piercing hole.

Surprising that after 7 years, it's open enough to let milk come
through.

Cathy Weeks
Mommy to Kivi Alexis 12/01
Old December 30th 03, 03:09 AM
Phoebe & Allyson

Lez & Carla wrote:
I took out my nipple ring over a year ago but am still getting like a
'core' thing coming out if squoze

I get the same thing from mostly grown-over ear piercings. I think it's
just the skin cells shedding and then getting stuck.

Phoebe
--
yahoo address is unread; substitute mailbolt

Old December 30th 03, 03:10 PM
badgirl

"Lez & Carla" wrote in message
Hi,

Could anyone offer any help or advice on breastfeeding after having a
piercing removed?

I took out my nipple ring over a year ago but am still getting like a

'core'
thing coming out if squoze and to be honest it doesnt smell too pretty (EW
gross! Way to stop people replying) I've seen my GP who gave me Nystan

and
said it'd clear it up. It didn't! I went back and he said I should stop
thinking about it.
I haven't delivered yet (am 29 weeks) but am wanting to sort this out

before
he arrives as I loved feeding my other 2 kids. I just cant stand the
thought of my breast being 'skanky' while trying to feed.

Sorry for grossing you out
Carla

it's only a little bit of milk which while you BF will clear itself out.
It's nothing to take antibiotics over anyway.
Don't worry about it unless you start having problems like plugged ducts or
something.

Jen
*who took her rings out at 8 months pg because they made me crazy*

Old December 31st 03, 07:29 PM
Lez & Carla

Just a thank you to Cathy and Phoebe.
A problem shared is a problem halved etc lol

It is good though to know others with similar experiences.

Thank you
Carla

4/5 yo sleep problem KD General 4 July 20th 04 09:33 PM
Problem with powdered formula joe smith Pregnancy 21 February 16th 04 04:35 PM
Treating the problem Kane General 0 January 24th 04 07:37 PM
latching problem? Kristi Silva Breastfeeding 2 August 15th 03 04:47 PM
MD says Gastaldo 'insane' (also: Nurse Jenn's genital piercing CORRECTION) Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 2 July 13th 03 07:37 PM