FAO PHOEBE.......

Old January 1st 04, 04:37 PM
John Allen

Default FAO PHOEBE.......

Hi Phoebe,

How was your gallbladder diagnosed and how long did that diagnosis take?

Thanks, Wendy

Old January 1st 04, 06:40 PM
Rob and Laura

Well I know they do an ultrasound 1st to see if you have any stones. They
can also do blood work too apparently.
When I started to have the painthats what they did to rule out gallbladder.
1st blood work than a ultrasound.

--
Laura, TTC #2
Mommy to Izabella **Feb 10th, 2003**

Old January 1st 04, 10:46 PM
Phoebe & Allyson

John Allen wrote:
How was your gallbladder diagnosed and how long did that diagnosis
take?

I posted, either here or on another group, about the horrible morning
sickness I was having, and how it was accompanied by the feeling that a
little creature with a knife was stabbing its way out through my breastbone,
and how it didn't happen in the morning and I always felt so much better
once I threw up. And everyone said, "That's not morning sickness; that's
your gallbladder."

I had my first gallbladder attack 3 days before getting a positive pregnancy
test, and had a doctor confirm (via ultrasound) that my gallbladder was full
of stones about a month later. It took me 2-3 weeks to realize that it was
unusual, then another 2 weeks to get an appointment.

No gallbladder removal during pregnancy, so I managed with a very low-fat,
high-fiber diet, and only had a dozen or so attacks throughout pregnancy.
Then when Caterpillar was born, I started having more painful and more
frequent attacks, and couldn't consume enough calories without eating more
fat - especially when I had to cut out dairy, and lost a decent source of
low-fat protein.

Eventually I had a really horrible attack during office hours, and called
the gallbladder surgeon I'd been referred to while pregnant. It took 3
weeks to get an office visit, and another 2 weeks to schedule surgery. I'd
have done it earlier, but I wanted a good freezer stash in case they
couldn't do it laparoscopically and I had to stay in the hospital. And I've
got hospital phobia - I waited until I'd had a couple of attacks bad enough
I almost went to the emergency room for painkillers.

Phoebe
--
yahoo address is unread; substitute mailbolt

Old January 2nd 04, 03:07 PM
Sue

Mine was diagnosed through ultrasound.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

FAO Phoebe Jodie Breastfeeding 1 October 3rd 03 12:35 AM
Happy birthday to Phoebe (Phoebe & Allyson), Jack (Karen's son) and Daye's dh Phoebe & Allyson Pregnancy 0 October 1st 03 12:22 AM
good luck Phoebe! teapot Breastfeeding 4 September 19th 03 03:02 AM
Baby Acne & Allergies Phoebe & Allyson Breastfeeding 20 July 21st 03 04:51 AM
FAO: Phoebe Phoebe & Allyson Breastfeeding 0 July 9th 03 07:24 PM