nursing necklace?

Old January 28th 04, 09:09 PM
Kari

Default nursing necklace?

Does anyone have or use one? I've seen them on several natural baby type
sites and I think I might order one. Xander has become easily distracted
while nursing and has done the string cheese thing to my nipple more than
once in the last few days. I just thought I'd ask here first to see if
anyone uses one, what they think, and if anyone has a certain catalog or
website recommendation.

Thanks!

Kari
mom to Kaylie (8) Noah (4) and Xander (3 mos)

Old January 28th 04, 09:40 PM
Nina

"Kari" wrote in message
.. .
Does anyone have or use one? I've seen them on several natural baby type
sites and I think I might order one. Xander has become easily distracted
while nursing and has done the string cheese thing to my nipple more than
once in the last few days. I just thought I'd ask here first to see if
anyone uses one, what they think, and if anyone has a certain catalog or
website recommendation.

Thats a good idea! Im going to look for one as well.

Old January 29th 04, 12:03 AM
Plissken

"Kari" wrote in message
.. .
| Does anyone have or use one? I've seen them on several natural baby type
| sites and I think I might order one. Xander has become easily distracted
| while nursing and has done the string cheese thing to my nipple more than
| once in the last few days. I just thought I'd ask here first to see if
| anyone uses one, what they think, and if anyone has a certain catalog or
| website recommendation.
|
| Thanks!

I just went to a bead store and made one myself. I don't use it though as DD
is much more interested in it than breastfeeding! Although, it's been a
while since I used it maybe I'll try it again.

Nadene

Old January 29th 04, 03:20 AM
Leigh McCuen

Plissken wrote:

I just went to a bead store and made one myself. I don't use it though as DD
is much more interested in it than breastfeeding! Although, it's been a
while since I used it maybe I'll try it again.

When my daughter began getting more easily distracted while nursing (~3
mos) I went to the craft store and picked up a variety of beads to make
a nursing necklace. She, too, showed more interest in it than in
nursing. I've tried it off and on since then (she's now 7 mos) and she
still finds the necklace entrancing, to the detriment of nursing.

What I've been doing instead is using a cloth diaper. I drape it over
her head to help keep her focused, and I let her play with it with her
free hand. It's helped a great deal. And since I always have a cloth
diaper with her, it's worked out wonderfully.

Leigh

Old January 29th 04, 04:12 AM
laurie

Kari, where did you see one advertised? I've been thinking of getting one too,
as C. plays with my necklace all the time while nursing.

laurie
mommy to Jessica, almost 3 years and
Christopher, 9 months
Old January 29th 04, 11:58 AM
Kari

Kari, where did you see one advertised? I've been thinking of getting one

too,
as C. plays with my necklace all the time while nursing.

laurie
mommy to Jessica, almost 3 years and
Christopher, 9 months

The ones I really like best so far are these
http://www.toothlessgrin.com/necklace.htm

But I just went to yahoo and did a nursing necklace search and quite a few
sites had them. I first came across them on www.alternativebaby.com and they
are cheaper on there, plus I've ordered from them before without any
problems.

I think Im going to order one today, not sure what one yet though!

Kari

PS - did you figure out your carseat????

Old January 29th 04, 09:32 PM
laurie

he ones I really like best so far are these
http://www.toothlessgrin.com/necklace.htm

But I just went to yahoo and did a nursing necklace search and quite a few
sites had them. I first came across them on www.alternativebaby.com and they
are cheaper on there, plus I've ordered from them before without any
problems.

I think Im going to order one today, not sure what one yet though!

Kari

PS - did you figure out your carseat????

Thanks Kari, and yes I got it clamped, with a lot of difficulty!

Old January 30th 04, 11:30 PM
Cheryl S.

"Kari" wrote in message
.. .
Xander has become easily distracted while nursing and
has done the string cheese thing to my nipple more than
once in the last few days.

I don't have any input on necklaces but just had to LOL, and
commiserate, at "string cheese thing". Jaden's doing it too - and
that's such an apt description.
--
Cheryl S.
Mom to Julie, 2 yr., 10 mo.

Cleaning the house while your children are small is like
shoveling the sidewalk while it's still snowing.