It's All Too Much

Old July 3rd 03, 06:36 PM
Meldon Fens

Default It's All Too Much

Byte Me wrote in message
.. .
"Meldon Fens" wrote in
:

Personally I agree. I have experienced first-hand what you describe
and the visible neuroses of a caged animal comes to mind.

Perhaps I am simply jaded and cynical?

More likely you're just human.

If this is true, then there are many more who feel the same way. Where are
they? I don't hear them? What are *their* concerns and why are none of these
concerns begin addressed?

What seems to make more sense to me these days (and I'm somewhat reluctant
to describe) is that there is indeed a class system in the west much as is
described in various Marxist doctrine.

A simple analogy might be a group of people sitting at a table playing a
board game. In the room are several mementos and wall hangings depicting
numerous moral principles and beliefs similar to religious teachings.

The rules are read to everyone and the game begins under the premise that
each person is moral and honest. At the end of the game the winner declares
the victory but unknown to the others, the winner cheated.

A new generation takes their place at the table. The previous winner has
instructed his/her offspring on the justification of cheating. Once again,
while the others at the table remain honest, the cheater wins again.

It is not in the interest of the cheaters to let anyone know they are
cheating. In fact, much energy is spent convincing the others that there is
no cheating taking place and that their continued morality will someday lead
their to victory.

In other words, religion or morality instead of being a basis for modern
civilization it is simply a tool of oppression.

So I continue to pay my child-support even though the amount does not comply
with recognized guidelines. I pay child-support to a person who decided to
raise my child on her own despite my objections. As a male, I had little
choice but to spend my savings in an attempt to remain in the child's life
and I continue to pay child-support.

Don't get me wrong. It's not the support that hurts, its the inequity and
the seemingly justified kidnapping and extortion that takes place that
really troubles me. One begins to question why they should continue to be
moral in a society which does not protect the rights of the individual.

Slavery was once justified. Native people who were more or less moral were
removed and displaced "for a greater good". The fact is this: the act was
immoral and unjustified. We adopted a "do it now, apologize later" attitude
which seems to be growing throughout society.