who colored their hair?

Old August 4th 03, 07:53 PM
Karen P

Default who colored their hair?

I know the jury is still out on the subject of hair dye during
pregnancy. And I know that different doctors have different opinions.
So, I'd like to hear from women who actually colored their hair during
pregnancy and had their baby's. Have you noticed any ill effects on
your baby? Obviously I know that some problems can show up later in
life, but, up until now, is everything okay? I am not pregnant yet,
but trying. I did not color during my first pregnancy because I was
too scared. I let myself go mostly grey- YUCK! I hate to do that
again, but I will, if need be. So, have any of you dyed your hair
during pregnancy, if so what kind did you use? Was the baby okay or
did you have any problems?

Thanks alot!
Old August 4th 03, 08:22 PM
Denise

"Karen P" wrote in message
I know the jury is still out on the subject of hair dye during
pregnancy. And I know that different doctors have different opinions.
So, I'd like to hear from women who actually colored their hair during
pregnancy and had their baby's. Have you noticed any ill effects on
your baby? Obviously I know that some problems can show up later in
life, but, up until now, is everything okay? I am not pregnant yet,
but trying. I did not color during my first pregnancy because I was
too scared. I let myself go mostly grey- YUCK! I hate to do that
again, but I will, if need be. So, have any of you dyed your hair
during pregnancy, if so what kind did you use? Was the baby okay or
did you have any problems?

Thanks alot!

I've dyed my hair during all my pregnancies but the last. The only problem
I've noticed is that the color didn't take as well as it did when I was
unpregnant.

Old August 4th 03, 10:42 PM
Nat

Hi Karen,

I coloured my hair just did it after the three month period and my child is
nearly 6 years old and fine and healthy. Don't see the problem really they
wouldn't be allow to sell the stuff if it had effects on an unborn child.

Nat

Old August 5th 03, 03:52 AM
Sue

The only problem that I have heard of, is that it doesn't take as well while
pregnant.
--
Sue
mom to three girls

Old August 5th 03, 12:50 PM
dejablues

If you have been using a permanant hair color, you have to get it all cut
out of your hair if you want to switch to semi-perm. Otherwise, bad things
will happen!

"Karen P" wrote in message
On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 21:42:42 GMT, "Nat"
wrote:

Hi Karen,

I coloured my hair just did it after the three month period and my child

is
nearly 6 years old and fine and healthy. Don't see the problem really

they
wouldn't be allow to sell the stuff if it had effects on an unborn child.

Nat

Did you all use permanent or semi-permanent hair color? I normally
use the permanent level 3 haircolor. Thanks.

Old August 5th 03, 02:01 PM
Karen P

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 07:50:11 -0400, "dejablues"
wrote:

If you have been using a permanant hair color, you have to get it all cut
out of your hair if you want to switch to semi-perm. Otherwise, bad things
will happen!

Like what?
Old August 5th 03, 08:08 PM
zeldabee

Karen P wrote:
So, have any of you dyed your hair
during pregnancy, if so what kind did you use? Was the baby okay or
did you have any problems?

I color my hair, though I haven't had my baby yet. I haven't colored it as
aften as I did pre-pregnancy, but anyway, I'm not worried.

--
z e l d a b e e @ p a n i x . c o m http://NewsReader.Com/
Old August 5th 03, 09:48 PM
dejablues

Well, it might break off, or turn strange metallic colors that bear no
resemblance to anything human or remotely attractive, thus requiring you to
go to the salon and spend tons of money for remedial haircoloring!

Becky
a reformed home hair colorist!

Old August 6th 03, 12:36 AM
llama mama

Karen P wrote in
:

wrote:

If you have been using a permanant hair color, you have to get it all
cut out of your hair if you want to switch to semi-perm. Otherwise,
bad things will happen!

Like what?

good question. i've used permanant, semipermanant & vegetable dye (manic
panic) and i haven't even had a trim in 25 years.
lee who has used permanant red & manic panic purple dye on the same day
--
It is paradoxical that many educators and parents still differentiate
between a time for learning and a time for play without seeing the vital
Old August 6th 03, 03:45 AM
Leah Adezio

wrote:

Hi Karen,

I coloured my hair just did it after the three month period and my child

is
nearly 6 years old and fine and healthy. Don't see the problem really

they
wouldn't be allow to sell the stuff if it had effects on an unborn child.

Nat

Did you all use permanent or semi-permanent hair color? I normally
use the permanent level 3 haircolor. Thanks.

I've been using permanent color on my hair since I was 20 (I started going
grey early).

My sons are 17 and 13.

I was hoping the color would migrate down so I could have redhaired
children, but it didn't work.

Seriously, no problems here.

And my 13 year old just colored his hair red.

Leah
In Memory of David, 11/10/61 - 5/21/03
Beloved Husband, Father, Heart's Companion