videos for babies

Old August 6th 03, 06:35 PM
meg

Default videos for babies

Am looking for Mom (or dad) recommendations on videos for babies. I
have a seven month old and am looking for something fun and educations
that would allow me to run and get a shower. What do your babies like?
Old August 6th 03, 06:51 PM
Mary W.

meg wrote:

Am looking for Mom (or dad) recommendations on videos for babies. I
have a seven month old and am looking for something fun and educations
that would allow me to run and get a shower. What do your babies like?

Baby Mozart, Baby Bach, Baby Doolittle (you get the idea....)

Captivated her until she was about 14 months old.

She now *loves* the signing time videos (www.signingtime.com).
We didn't get them until she was 18 months, but I bet she would
have liked them much younger.

Mary

Old August 6th 03, 07:06 PM
Bippy

The Baby Einstein series is like a video board book type thing. Very
colorful and nice.

Also, check the Baby's First Impressions series.

om...

Old August 6th 03, 08:50 PM
P. Tierney

"meg" wrote in message
om...
Am looking for Mom (or dad) recommendations on videos for babies. I
have a seven month old and am looking for something fun and educations
that would allow me to run and get a shower. What do your babies like?

As others said, the Baby Einstein series is a good one. Some are for
ages 1-4, while some (like Baby Mozart) are for months 1-36. So, check
that before you buy, as some wouldn't appeal to a 7 month old. Teletubbies
might already appeal to her/him too.

P. Tierney

Old August 6th 03, 09:58 PM
Sue

Well at seven months, my kids were not watching TV at the time, but I
usually grabbed a shower when they went down for their morning nap. When the
girls got a little older, (more like 15 months- 2 years) DD1 loved Sing
Yourself Silly from Sesame Street. She also liked Barney and other TV shows
made for toddlers.
--
Sue
mom to three girls

om...

Old August 7th 03, 02:29 AM
Kereru

"meg" wrote in message
om...
Am looking for Mom (or dad) recommendations on videos for babies. I
have a seven month old and am looking for something fun and educations
that would allow me to run and get a shower. What do your babies like?

My little one paid no attention whatsoever to the Baby Einstein series but
he loved Teletubbies and anything with animals in it.

I suggest you get to the library and borrow a few to find out what baby like
before you buy anything. They are all different.

Judy

Old August 8th 03, 05:11 AM
toypup

"lynn" wrote in message
He never liked Baby Einstein at all.

Neither did DS. I personally don't know why anyone likes it, though if it
works, don't fix it. Anyway, it's just one big commercial for toy after toy
after toy. At least I think that's the one we saw and my friend's house.
That was enough. DS's first big video favorite was The Wiggles. He still
likes it. It's all the singing and dancing that gets his attention.