'Lawsuit of lies' Mother faces half-million-dollar lawsuit filedby her adopted daughter

Old January 12th 08, 05:56 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking
fx

Default 'Lawsuit of lies' Mother faces half-million-dollar lawsuit filedby her adopted daughter

'Lawsuit of lies'
Mother faces half-million-dollar lawsuit filed by her adopted daughter

http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/Edmo...1/4768641.html

Donna Morrison epitomizes the adage that a mother’s love knows no bounds.

Facing a half-million-dollar “lawsuit of lies” from her adopted
daughter, she refuses to give up hope their relationship can have a
happy ending.

Morrison, 71, choked back tears Friday, while trying to explain a
lawsuit from Denice Poland, 44.

Morrison adopted Poland in 1965 and spent her younger years raising her.

According to a statement of claim, Poland is suing Morrison, two doctors
and the Royal Alexandra Hospital for $500,000 each, claiming she was
fraudulently adopted, never told of her biological parents, and that she
was the victim of substandard living conditions, abuse and neglect.

Morrison, who’s three biological sons are now successful professionals,
is beside herself with worry and pain.

A widow on a fixed income, she says Poland and her lawyers are harassing
her with threatening phone calls.

“I’ll never regret adopting her. As a mother, you always love your
children unconditionally … but she’s troubled. This just hurts so much,”
Morrison said, sobbing. “I don’t know who or what put any of these ideas
in her head.”

Morrison is looking for a lawyer to help her file a statement of defence
to refute each of Poland’s claims.

“She thinks we somehow duped her biological parents and stole her from
the hospital. But as an adoptive and foster parent, we were never
allowed to even know who her parents were. Until I got this lawsuit
served on me last month, I still never knew their last name.

“She claims she didn’t know she was adopted until 2006, but we gave her
the adoption papers when she was about 12. When she was 18, I agreed to
help support her in her search for her biological parents.

“And her claims about substandard living? We raised her in a fully
furnished show home that we bought in the 1960s.”

Poland is also claiming for lost past and future income due to lack of
education and employment, but Morrison and her sons are drafting
affidavits that Poland willingly dropped out of high school and chose
never to return.

“She moved out of home and in with her first boyfriend at age 16. But we
kept up a great mother-daughter relationship over the years. I was
excited to be a grandmother for the first time when she had her first baby.”

Morrison hopes a judge will “see the lawsuit as the half-brained
get-rich-quick scheme it really is,” but won’t give up hope on her daughter.

“It’s ridiculous and hurtful accusations, after all I’ve done for her as
her mother. I want her to explain this and maybe we can get past it.”

Statements of claim have not been proven in court.