Depressed (also: Jan Tritten/Midwifery Today)

Old December 10th 04, 02:04 AM
Todd Gastaldo

Default Depressed (also: Jan Tritten/Midwifery Today)

DEPRESSED Prefatory note...

It was confirmed today that my second biologic son is out of my life
permanently - at least for years to come.

I am extremely depressed - perhaps doing the wrong thing as usual by posting
this - but hey - that's me....

Tiny babies are enduring far worse...

So I write...

QUESTION: Why aren't birth trauma attorneys telling juries the STARK FACT
that OBs are closing birth canals up to 30% and keeping birth canals closed
when babies get stuck - and lying about it...?

See Make birth better: Dan Rather, before you leave CBS...

LISA MUSCARELLA, you forgot to mention this stark fact in your press release
(reproduced below). It was probably an accidental omission - but you also
you also forgot something that is ALMOST as important - to me personally at
least. More on that below.

LISA WILL BE ON DR. PHIL - scheduled for Dec. 13 - see her Press Release
below....

JAN TRITTEN/MIDWIFERY TODAY

OPEN LETTER (archived for global access; see below)

Jan Tritten
Editor
Midwifery Today

Jan,

Thanks for your email (reproduced below with my responses).

Could you make sure that LISA MUSCARELLA gets to come to your March
Midwifery Today Conference in Eugene?

Her baby was paralyzed at birth (obstetric brachial plexus injury). Her
midwife reportedly closed her birth canal up to 30% (without telling her)
then told her after the birth that her son was paralyzed because her pelvis
was too small.

By asking publicly, I'm testing Lisa's theory (see below) that she won't be
able to attend if people think that she and I are "in cahoots."

I don't know any better way to test that theory than to publicly expose any
possible "cahoots."

I guess I'm being petty - but I'm finally speaking out today about being
ROBBED - not of money - but of CREDIT - for standing up and speaking out
about a massive ongoing obstetric crime:

OBs are closing birth canals up to 30% and KEEPING birth canals closed when
babies get stuck...

Jan, you robbed me of credit years ago - and Lisa robbed me of credit more
recently.

I think Lisa's robbery was accidental.

Jan, you not only robbed me of credit - you used your authority as a
nationally-known midwife and PROMOTED the birth-canal-closing/semisitting
position immediately after censoring my article on the subject.

Can you see why I might think about that every time I think of Lisa's
statement that her midwife closed her birth canal up to 30% (without telling
her) then told her that her son was paralyzed because her pelvis was too
small?

Jan, this is a MIDWIFERY EMERGENCY - and has been so since the early 90s
when you cancelled my full-length article on the
birth-canal-closing/semisitting delivery position - then PROMOTED
semisitting.

I still can't believe you did that, Jan.

I know, I know...

You aren't the only midwife promoting semisitting/closing the birth canal.

Yale CNMwifery Prof. Helen Varney ignored my pleas and not only promoted
semisitting - but also promoted keeping the birth canal closed when the baby
gets stuck...

See Midwifery Today abomination - CHIROPRACTIC censorship too...

Jan, thanks for writing.

Sincerely,

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo

JAN TRITTEN'S EMAIL TO ME...

Interspersions ######

From: Donna Young
To: Lisa
Cc: ; Todd Gastaldo ; Kelly Moscarello ; Cory Mermer ;
CBC Ombudsman ; Sounds Like Canada ;
;
;
; M HALIBURTON ; HARLEY HARASYM ; Carley
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2004 1:13 PM
Subject: this is excellant on child-birth position. Now write, please,
giving blood of babies to cord blood banks, how misguided it is, eh.

ONLY the mothers who have victimized babies, can speak out. Us grandmothers,
our part, is to encourage you to come forward. God's blessings. May your
voice be heard around the world.
Donna 1-250-782-9223

Old December 10th 04, 04:43 AM
Leslie

I'm sorry for your loss, Todd. If "whining" here lifts your spirits, feel
free. :-)

Leslie

Emily (2/4/91)
Jake (1/27/94)
Teddy (2/15/95)
William (3/5/01 -- VBA3C, 13 lbs. 5 oz.)
Lorelei (11/10/04 -- another VBAC)

"Children come trailing clouds of glory from God, which is their home."
~ William Wordsworth

Old December 10th 04, 05:33 AM
Todd Gastaldo

Thanks Leslie.

I did feel better after.

Todd

Old December 10th 04, 08:38 PM
Mum of Two

(((Todd)))
I'm sorry to hear about your son.

--
Amy,
Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,

nk.net...

Old December 10th 04, 09:20 PM
Todd Gastaldo

Thanks Amy.

I haven't been the best father.

Todd

Old December 11th 04, 09:17 AM
Mum of Two

Well, you can admit it so that's a start. Maybe you're a late starter - none
of us are perfect. There are tons of times I've thought I've screwed Ana up
for life, and she's only 5.5 months old (!)
If only children were like Magna Doodles and we could wipe them clean every
time we make a mistake...
How old is your son? At about 17 I swore off talking to my mother
again...she's now one of my best friends. FWIW, she wasn't a bad mother, I
was a hormonal teen!
I hope things improve between you and your son.

Old December 11th 04, 10:49 PM
Daye

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 02:04:42 GMT, "Todd Gastaldo"
wrote:

A FEW LAST NOTES...

Sorry to whine publicly - but I feel better - not so depressed as I was
earlier today.

It isn't whining. It is venting. You wanted to get your side out
there. I am glad that you are feeling better.

I am going to miss my son - like I miss my first biologic son.

I am not sure what this means, but if you lost your son, my deepest
sympathies.

--
Daye
Mommy to:
Old December 16th 04, 02:26 AM
Todd Gastaldo

wrote:

A FEW LAST NOTES...

Sorry to whine publicly - but I feel better - not so depressed as I was
earlier today.

It isn't whining. It is venting. You wanted to get your side out
there. I am glad that you are feeling better.

Thanks Daye.

I am going to miss my son - like I miss my first biologic son.

I am not sure what this means, but if you lost your son, my deepest
sympathies.

Relationship lost - he's very much alive and kicking - much smarter than his
dad (but that's not saying much I am sure some people will remark - LOL!)

Again Daye, thanks.

Sorry for the delay in responding.

Todd