Gymnastics Party Favours ideas

Old February 6th 04, 02:48 AM
N.

Default Gymnastics Party Favours ideas

Hi,

My dd is having a Maisy/Gymnastics birthday party for her 4th
birthday. We only have 1/2 hour for the actual party (refreshments)
and then an hour for the gym part so the party/activities parts are
taken care of. I'm drawing a blank on the party favours, though. I
do have one idea - ribbon/streamer sticks, but I need 1 or 2 more
things. I think I'll include Maisy stickers to go with the Maisy
theme...anyone have any other ideas? I'd like to stay away from candy
and cheaply made plastic toys that end up in the garbage after the
party. Help!

N.

Old February 6th 04, 04:04 AM
just me

"N." wrote in message
om...
Hi,

My dd is having a Maisy/Gymnastics birthday party for her 4th
birthday. We only have 1/2 hour for the actual party (refreshments)
and then an hour for the gym part so the party/activities parts are
taken care of. I'm drawing a blank on the party favours, though. I
do have one idea - ribbon/streamer sticks, but I need 1 or 2 more
things. I think I'll include Maisy stickers to go with the Maisy
theme...anyone have any other ideas? I'd like to stay away from candy
and cheaply made plastic toys that end up in the garbage after the
party. Help!

I've used small books, often on the party theme. Also, if you have all
girls as guests, you could consider hair stuff. Most girls seem to really
enjoy that type of stuff.

-Aula
--
see my creative works on ebay under http://snurl.com/369o
and on zazzle at http://snurl.com/38oh

Old February 6th 04, 04:33 AM
Laura Faussone

At a gymnastics party she went to last year, my daughter received a "gold
medal" (plastic medallion on a ribbon) that she enjoyed wearing around
the house.

Laura

Old February 6th 04, 12:20 PM
Donna Metler

"N." wrote in message
om...
Hi,

My dd is having a Maisy/Gymnastics birthday party for her 4th
birthday. We only have 1/2 hour for the actual party (refreshments)
and then an hour for the gym part so the party/activities parts are
taken care of. I'm drawing a blank on the party favours, though. I
do have one idea - ribbon/streamer sticks, but I need 1 or 2 more
things. I think I'll include Maisy stickers to go with the Maisy
theme...anyone have any other ideas? I'd like to stay away from candy
and cheaply made plastic toys that end up in the garbage after the
party. Help!

N.

If you do ribbon/streamer sticks, I suggest making them over buying them,
and using cloth ribbons. The mylar ones sold most commonly tear extremely
easily. To make ones which actually pivot, sew a loop onto the end of each
ribbon, and screw an eye into the top of a dowel (or drill a hole through
the dowel, and put a thin cable tie through the hole to make the loop) then,
fasten the two loops together by a thin cable tie or a short piece of
ribbon. I have made a bunch of these for my music classes, and they hold up
well, even to frequent child use.

What about a journal and a fancy pen?

Old February 6th 04, 12:43 PM
Beth Kevles

Small packs of Playdough. (You can get them in bags of 10 at toysRus.)
Small books/coloring books/activity books. You can sometimes get them
at your local dollar store on the cheap.
See if anything at crayola.com inspires you. You can get cheap 4-packs
of crayons, for example.

Have a great party!
--Beth Kevles

like me to reply.

Old February 6th 04, 04:13 PM
Penny Gaines

N. wrote in :

Hi,

My dd is having a Maisy/Gymnastics birthday party for her 4th
birthday. We only have 1/2 hour for the actual party (refreshments)
and then an hour for the gym part so the party/activities parts are
taken care of. I'm drawing a blank on the party favours, though. I
do have one idea - ribbon/streamer sticks, but I need 1 or 2 more
things. I think I'll include Maisy stickers to go with the Maisy
theme...anyone have any other ideas? I'd like to stay away from candy
and cheaply made plastic toys that end up in the garbage after the
party. Help!

I quite often buy packs of gel pens or stamper pens and split them up, with
one or two per bag.

--
Penny Gaines
UK mum to three

Old February 6th 04, 06:11 PM
Tamex

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 07:20:36 EST, "Donna Metler"
wrote:

If you do ribbon/streamer sticks, I suggest making them over buying them,
and using cloth ribbons. The mylar ones sold most commonly tear extremely
easily. To make ones which actually pivot, sew a loop onto the end of each
ribbon, and screw an eye into the top of a dowel (or drill a hole through
the dowel, and put a thin cable tie through the hole to make the loop) then,
fasten the two loops together by a thin cable tie or a short piece of
ribbon. I have made a bunch of these for my music classes, and they hold up
well, even to frequent child use.

I've also seen them made with the swivels used in fishing.
--
Tamex

No matter how much Jell-o you put in the pool, you still can't walk on water.

**remove Tricky Dick to reply by e-mail**

Old February 6th 04, 09:15 PM
N.

I do plan on making them myself - I found some instructions online
involving fishing swivels and eyelets. I'll try your method too and
see one which one is easier! Thanks!

N.

Old February 7th 04, 12:01 AM
Kevin Karplus

In article , N. wrote:
I do plan on making them myself - I found some instructions online
involving fishing swivels and eyelets. I'll try your method too and
see one which one is easier! Thanks!

If you have access to heavy-duty fishing swivels (easy to get if you
live on the coast), they work very well indeed for ribbon wands. (I'm
assuming that you are planning a ribbon 3' to 10' long (1-3 meters),
and you want to be sure it doesn't tangle.) A 1/4" (6mm) cloth ribbon
can be tied to the swivel and the other end of the swivel put on a
screw-eye in the end of a dowel.

--
Kevin Karplus http://www.soe.ucsc.edu/~karplus
Affiliations for identification only.