Cleaning out the Closets

Old February 9th 04, 11:06 PM
Scott

Default Cleaning out the Closets

Yesterday I finally threw out the remains of my kids'
Halloween candy (Well, I ate the peanut M&Ms, which neither
of them like). They protested very little. I figure
it was past time.

DD is now afraid of being kidnapped. Too many
abduction stories in the paper, I'm afraid. I wonder
how long this will last. (The fear, not the stories --
I hope the stories are done).

Scott DD 10.5 and DS 7.96

Old February 12th 04, 12:14 AM
Robyn Kozierok

In article ,
Scott wrote:

Yesterday I finally threw out the remains of my kids'
Halloween candy (Well, I ate the peanut M&Ms, which neither
of them like). They protested very little. I figure
it was past time.

I'm trying to figure out what to do with the lingering
Halloween candy myself. I'm pretty sure I'd have a riot
on my hands if I insisted on throwing it out, but I hate
having it around all the time.

Robyn (mommy to Ryan 9/93 and Matthew 6/96 and Evan 3/01)
--
Support a family business and learn about the technologies underlying
the Internet with the TCP/IP Guide! http://www.tcpipguide.com

Old February 12th 04, 03:28 AM
Kevin Karplus

In article , Robyn Kozierok wrote:
In article ,
Scott wrote:

Yesterday I finally threw out the remains of my kids'
Halloween candy (Well, I ate the peanut M&Ms, which neither
of them like). They protested very little. I figure
it was past time.

I'm trying to figure out what to do with the lingering
Halloween candy myself. I'm pretty sure I'd have a riot
on my hands if I insisted on throwing it out, but I hate
having it around all the time.

We don't get that much Halloween candy---our son only wants to do our
block and the next, but we do have a simple way for getting rid of
it. He is allowed to eat as much as he wants on Halloween itself, and
after that he is allowed one piece of candy a day. We keep his candy
bag up in the broom closet, and he requests his "sweet for the day" on
most days. Candy from other holidays (Easter, Christmas, Valentine's)
is handled the same way. About once a year we go through the bag and
throw out anything that he doesn't want. Candy that he buys for
himself with his allowance also goes into the sweets bag, though he is
often allowed more than one on the day that he buys it.

--
Kevin Karplus http://www.soe.ucsc.edu/~karplus
Affiliations for identification only.

Old February 12th 04, 05:35 PM
Beth Gallagher

Yesterday I finally threw out the remains of my kids'
Halloween candy (Well, I ate the peanut M&Ms, which neither
of them like). They protested very little. I figure
it was past time.

I'm trying to figure out what to do with the lingering
Halloween candy myself.

We don't have this problem in our house. We have a thing called Mom, which
comes out after midnight and seeks out uneaten candies and girl scout
cookies. I thought every house had one.

I'm pretty sure I'd have a riot
on my hands if I insisted on throwing it out, but I hate
having it around all the time.

Oh, me too. Really.

Old February 12th 04, 06:09 PM
H Schinske

Beth ) wrote:

We don't have this problem in our house. We have a thing called Mom, which
comes out after midnight and seeks out uneaten candies and girl scout
cookies. I thought every house had one.

Our house certainly does! She also throws away the truly gross stuff, like
Laffy Taffy (does anyone REALLY like that stuff?).

I stopped the one-a-day thing when it became obvious that it was leading to the
kids eating candy every day for two months or more. The dentist backed me up in
saying that the fewer separate exposures to sugar and sticky stuff, the better.

--Helen

Old February 12th 04, 06:32 PM
Robyn Kozierok

In article , Beth Gallagher wrote:

Yesterday I finally threw out the remains of my kids'
Halloween candy (Well, I ate the peanut M&Ms, which neither
of them like). They protested very little. I figure
it was past time.

I'm trying to figure out what to do with the lingering
Halloween candy myself.

We don't have this problem in our house. We have a thing called Mom, which
comes out after midnight and seeks out uneaten candies and girl scout
cookies. I thought every house had one.

I don't take their candies without asking. Besides, they memorize
their stashes during the intense trading negotiations that go on
Halloween evening or the next day. They'd know if anything "good"
disappeared.

Robyn (mommy to Ryan 9/93 and Matthew 6/96 and Evan 3/01)
--
For a challenging little arithmetic puzzle for kids and adults alike,
check out http://cgi.wff-n-proof.com/MSQ-Ind/I-1E.htm

Old February 13th 04, 01:54 AM
beeswing

H Schinske wrote:

Our house certainly does! She also throws away the truly gross stuff, like
Laffy Taffy (does anyone REALLY like that stuff?)

My daughter does.

beeswing

Old February 13th 04, 02:33 PM
Scott

beeswing wrote:
H Schinske wrote:

Our house certainly does! She also throws away the truly gross stuff, like
Laffy Taffy (does anyone REALLY like that stuff?)

My daughter does.

Send me you snail mail address, and I'll have my kids
send your daughter some more ;-) They never eat that
stuff.

Scott DD 10.5 and DS 7.994

Old February 13th 04, 03:43 PM
Robyn Kozierok

In article ,
beeswing wrote:
H Schinske wrote:

Our house certainly does! She also throws away the truly gross stuff, like
Laffy Taffy (does anyone REALLY like that stuff?)

My daughter does.

I have to admit that I like it too. What's not to like ;-)

--Robyn

Old February 13th 04, 06:07 PM
Banty

In article , Robyn Kozierok says...

In article ,
beeswing wrote:
H Schinske wrote:

Our house certainly does! She also throws away the truly gross stuff, like
Laffy Taffy (does anyone REALLY like that stuff?)

My daughter does.

I have to admit that I like it too. What's not to like ;-)

--Robyn

I like the "Smarties", give me the "Smarties".

Banty (who wishes she could snap some of those apocryphal re-gifted fruit
cakes..)

cleaning stuffed animal vipergtsr8 General 0 July 24th 04 06:06 PM
Letting toddlers put their hands all over glass display cases and windows while shopping...? Renee General 116 July 1st 04 11:39 PM
Cleaning ladyluka General 0 January 1st 04 09:50 PM
Formaldehyde in household cleaning products ! ShaliPower General 5 October 22nd 03 03:07 PM
Cleaning Stuffed Animals Jeff Utz General 0 July 9th 03 05:37 AM