(repost) FAO Pologirl

Old September 14th 06, 03:21 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers

Default (repost) FAO Pologirl

(reposted because this time, even though it was posted as a new message, y
news reader added it on to another message with the same title!)

so I found the posts and caught up with them, I hope you didn't feel that
people weren't responding when there were so few answers about positioning
etc. I suspect I'm not the only one who just didn't see them as they were
tagged onto an old thread.

You said:
Baby has been vertex and ROA for months now. Baby is now riding very
low in my pelvis, but not quite engaged. Baby is facing my left hip,
not my back. I am getting anxious. In my pregnancy with Monkey Boy,
by week 37 his head faced my back and he was fully engaged. And I was
having a lot of pre-labor contractions. I have had no contractions
worth mentioning yet in this pregnancy. All this would be no big deal
except that today my OB informed me he will be away for 10 days
starting from my w39d5 and suggested next week we talk about an
induction. Grrr. I worry that if this baby does not face my back Real
Soon Now, an induction will just set me up for a C-section.

I'm not sure what you are meaning about facing your back, the best position
is LOA, which is the baby's back is just to the left hand side of you belly
button, the opposite of ROA. Unless you've got the wrong name for the
position the baby is in now, I can't quite tell what you mean by facing the
hip, because the hip is a pretty large area, but I'm wondering if you mean
ROT (right occuiput transverse), which is where the back is right at your
side, the name is often confusing, because transverse is also used to
describe a baby lieing horizontally. If you really do mean ROA, that is not
such a bad position, it's the 2nd best to be born in, but a lot of ROA
babies turn via posterior to be born LOA, which can make for a long, slow
labour. ROT is a big more worrying, if they go in to the pelvis that way
they get stuck, known as transverse arrest, do you remember Andrea, who had
12 babies? The 11th, that ended in c-section was for this reason.

http://www.plus-size-pregnancy.org/malpositions.htm
is a pretty good page, including pre labour positioning and some techniques
for getting them in the right position during labour.

Cheers

Anne

FAO Pologirl Anne Rogers Pregnancy 0 June 10th 06 06:28 PM
Children of Divorce & Separation - Statistics - REPOST Atina Single Parents 0 July 8th 04 05:02 PM
Children of Divorce & Separation - Statistics - REPOST Atina Solutions 0 July 8th 04 05:02 PM
REPOST: For those of you on Zoloft New York Jen Breastfeeding 2 January 20th 04 12:55 AM
Repost: Vent, advise and understanding requested Irish Marie Breastfeeding 5 December 4th 03 07:01 AM