Should I tell others?

Old September 14th 06, 06:44 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
xkatx

Default Should I tell others?

Other than my mom, aunt and grandma (and probably by now more of my family)
I didn't really say much about my last doc appointment to anyone.
I am still thinking that all should turn out fine and dandy after this u/s
in 2 weeks, but with all that's been going on, is this something I should
mention to someone like (D?)H and MIL and all those characters?
Should I call up and mention it or should I wait and see what's up, or
should I just not bother at all (TBH, I really don't care what they say or
think, and I often get the feeling that none of that side really gives a
damn anyways)
I'm kind of stuck on if I should say something right away, say something
after (if need be) or no matter good or bad results, say nothing at all
anyways...

I'm not sure mainly because if I find out nothing's wrong - baby's just
laying weird, maybe just small with no concerns or something - then it's all
good. If I'm told that there's some concerns or issues, then there's the
possibility of anything happening - sick baby, early delivery, tons of doc
appointments, who knows...

Once again, just feeling like I'm really trapped between a rock and a really
hard place

Old September 14th 06, 07:39 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Welches

"xkatx" wrote in message
newsygOg.12339$bf5.1609@edtnps90...
[...]

Personally I wouldn't tell them unless there's something bad afterwards.
I'd just wonder if you tell them before and all is well, will they say
"she's putting it on for sympathy" and ignore you if something really is
wrong.
But I tend not to tell people if things are wrong except a few who I really
trust, and I know would support me. Others are different and want to make
sure people are aware just in case.
The only reason I'd tell them is if you think they'll find out another way.
And if that's the case I'd tell them along the lines of "I don't expect
there's anything wrong, but the drs just want to be sure". Unless you do
have a feeling that there is more to it?
Debbie

Old September 14th 06, 09:39 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

xkatx wrote:
[...]

At this point, you don't know if anything is wrong, so I wouldn't tell
anyone about it. If in fact all is well, then they will have just worried
for nothing. If something is found to be wrong, you can tell people then,
since you'd need their help in watching the kids if you have to deliver
early or something.

Honestly, at this point there is nothing wrong, there is just something they
want to keep an eye on, so it's not like you are keeping secrets or
anything. Once you have something to tell, then you can tell, but until
then, it would just cause more worry, both for them, and for you. Because
you know if you tell them at this point, they'll pull out all their scary pg
stories, and probably end up freaking you out more!
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Check out the family! -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest Become a member for free - go to Add Member to set up
your own User ID and Password

Old September 14th 06, 11:49 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers

If you are chilled, then why bother others and borrow trouble, chances are,
they are going to find reasons to worry and make you worry. Only talk if
it's going to help you.

Anne

Old September 15th 06, 10:39 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
xkatx

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message

If you are chilled, then why bother others and borrow trouble, chances
are, they are going to find reasons to worry and make you worry. Only talk
if it's going to help you.

Anne

Yes, I see now and agree with all the above. I think my parents and family
are good enough for the time being (mainly because there's probably nothing
to be worried about, and for the time being, they can help out with watching
the kids and all that)... I don't think the other side of the family is much
help, nor do I think I want/need their support or help at this time, as
everything, so far, is alright to my understanding lol