3 month old congested

Old April 22nd 07, 06:57 PM posted to misc.kids
Chris[_4_]

Default 3 month old congested

Any suggestions to clear it up?

Old April 22nd 07, 10:12 PM posted to misc.kids
Nan

On 22 Apr 2007 10:57:42 -0700, Chris wrote:

Any suggestions to clear it up?

Chest or head congestion?

It depends on whether it's a cold or from an irritant.
But typically, it helps to raise the head end of the baby's mattress
to a slight incline. I use a thick phonebook under mine. You might
also try putting some moisture in the air by using a humidifier.

If the nose is stuffy use one of those nasal aspirators (I call it a
snot sucker) to help clear the nose.

Nan

Old April 22nd 07, 11:32 PM posted to misc.kids
Rebecca Jo

"Chris" wrote:

Any suggestions to clear it up?

If the nose is stuffy, I always stood in the bathroom with the shower on hot
so the room would fill with steam. It helped clear him up enough so he could
eat & I wouldn't have to use the nose aspirator because my son hated that.

Rebecca Jo

Old April 23rd 07, 02:07 AM posted to misc.kids
xkatx

"Nan" wrote in message
On 22 Apr 2007 10:57:42 -0700, Chris wrote:

Any suggestions to clear it up?

Chest or head congestion?

It depends on whether it's a cold or from an irritant.
But typically, it helps to raise the head end of the baby's mattress
to a slight incline. I use a thick phonebook under mine. You might
also try putting some moisture in the air by using a humidifier.

If the nose is stuffy use one of those nasal aspirators (I call it a
snot sucker) to help clear the nose.

Nan

Do correct me if I'm wrong, but I was told that a simple saline solution
works.
Just use a q-tip or similar and just drop tiny amounts of the saline into
the nose. It actually worked very well for DD2 not long ago when she was
completely stuffed up and her poor nose was so plugged she wasn't having a
good time. This was, however, recently, and I do not know if this would be
alright for a younger baby, as DD2 is just about 6 months.

Old April 23rd 07, 08:21 AM posted to misc.kids
David

On Apr 23, 2:07 am, "xkatx" wrote:
"Nan" wrote in message

[...]

We have always used child vapour rub on a bib and tie the bib to the
side of the cot. Also put a damp towel on the radiators and this seems
to work.

Old April 23rd 07, 04:48 PM posted to misc.kids
Knit Chic

I put the baby in the car seat (so she was sitting up a little) and I took
her into the bathroom while she was sleeping. I put the car seat on the
floor and took a nice long hot shower. The steam worked very well. You
just have to make sure that you keep the vent-fan off and the doors and
windows closed.

"Chris" wrote in message
oups.com...
Any suggestions to clear it up?