Chris's Seizures

Old July 30th 03, 06:56 PM
Shirley M...have a goodaa \\;-\)

Default Chris's Seizures

Julie,

Chris has had two MRI's and two EEG's and will probably have a PET scan
soon. He has the same as your nephew. His fortunately are not convulsive
but all the other signs, lip smacking, unpurposeful hand motions, sees

stars
or colors, migraine headaches afterwards, vomiting. They generally don't
last more than 10-15 seconds but can come in clusters, ie, every hour or
two. The worst was 5 in a row every hour! He is on Carbatrol 400 mg 2x
daily and it works - so far. We've had to up the meds and he is currently
under the care of a ped neurologist at Children's here. The old

neurologist
thought at PET scan was in order as the MRI showed a brain bruise.
Something he was born with - from birth - who knows, but it's there. The
key is to make the bruise non-viable, he felt even one seizure in 6 months
was too much. He likes the Carbatrol as it's the least side effect med on
the market. Chris seems to handle the pill taking ok and seems to know

that
the meds help, at least a bit. If I can be of more help, please e-mail me
directly. I feel sorry for your SIL or Sister 'cause it's a tough

position
to be in, one feels like they can't do anything. There is a great book on
the market that our original neurologist in Minnesota asked us to read,

it's
on Parenting children with seizures or something like that. It gives a

ton
of information about the problem.

Good luck.

Old July 30th 03, 07:26 PM

I personally would not allow any more vaccines until discovery of the
seizure cause. These are often associated with Autism Spectrum Disorders
(ASD) which many believe to be triggered by the MERCURY (Thimerosal) in
vaccines. One of the possible culprits is the HEP-B given at birth, prior
to the babies blood brain barrier being formed, allowing the MERCURY free
access to the BRAIN. Search for the U of CALGARY video of a brain neuron
being fried by THIMEROSAL - perhaps this views as a brain bruise on a scan.
Some parents have been accused of child abuse because the childs brain has
effects from vaccines resembling abuse. YURKO is one of them. (do a google
search)
www.factsformedia.com
www.scvs.intranets.com

The KETOGENIC DIET has helped some kids with seizure disorders.

My 7 year old had a reaction to his 1 yr MMR and now has AUTISM - but he
was born perfectly healthy and developed normally up to that point.

BTW, HEP-B is worse than useless, unless your baby is going to be sexually
promiscuous or sharing I.V. drug needles on the street.

READ AND BE INFORMED - MAKE YOUR OWN DECISION.
YOUR BABY IS COUNTING ON YOU.
..
Best Wishes.

[...]

Special Needs Community Calendar - LA
www.scvs.intranets.com
www.factsformedia.com
Old July 30th 03, 07:38 PM
Shirley M...have a goodaa \\;-\)

I'm not going to start a war about his but sorry, I have friends very good
friends who suffered from the polio disease!!!! One just died a few years
ago because it comes back in middle age and continues crippling until the
body just stops, I remember vividly mom telling me about people dying from
the lack of tetanus shots (farm accidents stepping on rusty things), my mom
almost dying from Rubella because I gave it to her - luckily she pulled
through, etc, etc. You can do whatever you like with your child. My child
does not have ADS the the brain bruise is just that, probably from the
forceps or pushing for 3 hours!!!!! Get all the facts before you write
something you have no clue about!

Shirley

.

Old August 1st 03, 01:22 AM
amy

Sorry Shirley you got bothered by that last e-mail - but the person
mentioned the KETOGENIC DIET which I just watched a program about this
recently (pretty sure it was on NBC Dateline) and it supposedly
produced great results for kids with epilepsy/seizure disorders. Some
even stopped taking the meds all together -
Good luck.
MG