The Great Squat Robbery: a culture-wide mobility issue

Old September 22nd 04, 11:18 PM
Todd Gastaldo

Default The Great Squat Robbery: a culture-wide mobility issue

David Compito, A-Ability Medical Equipment Co indicates he is very
interested in "any and all issues regarding mobility."

So I mention,

THE GREAT SQUAT ROBBERY:

A CULTURE-WIDE MOBILITY ISSUE

David says that his employer, A-Ability Medical Equipment Co.,

"...provides all the traditional equipment necessary to support a person's
physically challenged condition (wheelchairs, scooters, lifts, canes,
commodes, etc)."

OPEN LETTER (archived for global access; see below)

David Compito
Mobility Transportation Systems www.mobilitytransport.com
A-Ability Medical Equipment, Inc. www.A-Ability.com
4010 E. Hillsborough Ave
Tampa, FL 33610
813-620-4475

David,

Most humans on the planet can rise from a full squat well into old age.

Meanwhile, we chairdwellers slowly lose the ability to rise even from a
chair.

I call it The Great Squat Robbery.

The problem is so bad that, here in the US, Medicare will help our elderly
buy "ejection" chairs that help them stand up from the seated position...

Since your company profits from this morbidity of old age, maybe your
company could help compress some of that morbidity further into old age.

Just a thought.

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo

PS The Great Squat Robbery has been blamed for something I call The Great
Birth Robbery:

Obstetricians have blamed The Great Squat Robbery for their bizarre practice
of closing birth canals up to 30% at delivery.

See Sarah Key's huge balls (also: Kids can SQUAT motionless for hours)...

The Great Birth Robbery is another culture-wide mobility issue. OBs are
denying sacroiliac motion - closing birth canals - at the very worst
possible time.

Worse, OBs are denying this crucial mobility when babies' shoulders get
stuck.

See ACOG birth crime video evidence
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...t/message/2300

Finally, David...

AFTER birth, babies in need of resuscitation are still tethered to their
natural oxygenation/transfusion device (the placenta)...

How do OBs solve this problem? They ASPHYXIATE these babies in need of
resuscitation by amputating the placenta by cutting the cord so they can
rush the baby to the resuscitation table.

This culture has three MAJOR issues regarding mobility.

All of them are easy to solve.

This Open Letter to David Compito will be archived for global access within
24 hours in the Google usenet archive. Search http://groups.google.com for
"The Great Squat Robbery: a culture-wide mobility issue."

Old September 25th 04, 02:11 AM
Todd Gastaldo

David Compito of A-Ability Medical Equipment asked what I mean by
compressing morbidity further into old age.

See below...

"Todd Gastaldo" wrote in message
ink.net...
[...]

David Compito replied:

"'...compress some of that morbidity further into old age?' I am sorry
sir... you will need to clarify."

Sorry about that...

I was loosely referring to JF Fries' Compression of Morbidity paradigm
introduced in 1980 (see PubMed abstract below)...

I am thinking that we can postpone loss of mobility further into old age by
letting children squat into adulthood.

I am thinking that your company - since it profits from loss of mobility -
might be interested in preventing loss of mobility.

I am thinking that even if we can't postpone loss of mobility further into
old age, our children should not be denied a fundamental human rest
posture...

Regarding JF Fries Compression of Morbidity paradigm, here is the PubMed
abstract referred to above...

Ann Intern Med. 2003 Sep 2;139(5 Pt 2):455-9.

Measuring and monitoring success in compressing morbidity.

Fries JF.

Stanford University School of Medicine, CA, USA.

The Compression of Morbidity paradigm, introduced in 1980, maintains that if
the average age at first infirmity, disability, or other morbidity is
postponed and if this postponement is greater than increases in life
expectancy, then cumulative lifetime morbidity will decrease-compressed
between a later onset and the time of death. The National Long-Term Care
Survey, the National Health Interview Survey, and other data now document
declining disability trends beginning in 1982 and accelerating more
recently. The decline is about 2% per year, contrasted with a decline in
mortality rates of about 1% per year, thereby documenting compression of
morbidity in the United States at the population level. Longitudinal studies
now link good health risk status with long-term reductions in cumulative
lifetime disability; persons with few behavioral health risks have only
one-fourth the disability of those who have more risk factors, and the onset
of disability is postponed from 7 to 12 years, far more than any increases
in longevity in the groups. Randomized, controlled trials of health
enhancement programs in elderly populations show reduction in health risks,
improved health status, and decreased medical care utilization. Health
policy initiatives now being undertaken have promise of increasing and
consolidating health gains for the elderly.

Todd

[...]

http://groups.google.com for "The Great Squat Robbery: a culture-wide
mobility issue."