Child Custody Change

Old November 24th 05, 04:45 PM posted to alt.child-support

Default Child Custody Change

Moon Shyne wrote:
snip

You tell me, do you think a house with cats ****ing on everything and
carpets reeking of cat waste is a good place for a small kid?

Of course not - ande I also recognize that we only have your side of this,
and there are always 2 sides.

That's true, but can you reasonably expect everyone who posts anything
to this board to get the other side to post as well? Is this your practice?

I suppose

if you were in my shoes you would never have mentioned the problem, eh?

My solution would never be to presume to tell someone else what they can do
in their own home, or to actually consider making CHANGES to someone else's
home.

So what WOULD you do? Let's hear it, O guru!

For fear of seeming "aggressive"?

When it comes to my kids, I'm as agressive as needs be.

But not if it means working with your ex to get the smell of animal
waste out of their apartment.

I pity your kids, then.

For what? My kids are in good shape, having a good time, and despite 3
cats, you never smell any cat odor.

It isn't that hard.

I smell a loon.

Secret Asian Man!

Old November 24th 05, 04:47 PM posted to alt.child-support

DB wrote:

"Moon Shyne" wrote in

He also said:

or I start stepping on her heels to
get rid of the cat, wash the carpet, and shoulder some responsibility in
raising our child.

You seem more consumed with the rights of a cat than the health of a child.

Wake up, it's not about control, it's about doing what is right for the
child or are you so obsessed with hating men you cannot see that?

I am beginning to think that this is exactly what is going on with Moon
Shyne.

Secret Asian Man!

Old November 24th 05, 04:52 PM posted to alt.child-support

Moon Shyne wrote:

"Secret Asian Man" wrote in message

Moon Shyne wrote:

"Tiffany" wrote in message

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

"Chris" wrote in message

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

Nothing seems to be changing, and I am at a point where I have to
make a
decision. Either I continue to say nothing and let her weave enough

rope

to hang herself with (the plan here would be to go to court in a year
or
so and demand full custody), or I start stepping on her heels to get
rid
of the cat, wash the carpet, and shoulder some responsibility in
raising
our child.

Why on earth would you think you have the right to get rid of her cat,
or
make changes in her home? Would you allow her to get rid of YOUR pet,
and
make changes in YOUR home?

He never claimed such right.

Of course - he only stated he was thinking about doing those things.
Got it.

Here is what he said:

I spoke with her and
luckily she agreed that her place was not fit for a small child to sleep
in. She said she knew the problem was one of her cats that keeps peeing
on everything, and that she didn't want to clean the carpet until she
got rid of the cat at a "no-kill shelter" she'd heard of.

She admits to having an unfit home but can't seem to do anything about
it. She is probably severely depressed and one can only wonder at what
other neglect is happening.

Though I don't agree that the father should call Child Protection YET, he
should be documenting everything, pics and all.

A parent has every right to request changes if a living situation is
harmful.

He also said:

or I start stepping on her heels to
get rid of the cat, wash the carpet, and shoulder some responsibility in
raising our child.

Yes. We had an agreement on what would happen before our son slept at her
place. SHE agreed without any coersion on my part. I never threatened to
call CPS on her.

Now my choices a

1. Call CPS and/or sue for full custody now
2. Release her from our agreement and ask her to take our son half of the
time again
3. Step on her heels about getting rid of the cat and washing the carpet

This woman is depressive and doesn't do much unless someone is prodding
her to do it.

And you think it's YOUR place to do it? What are you, some sort of control
freak? She's your ex - let her run her own life.

I am in no way a control freak, but I got very tired of living with the
consequences of her (in)actions. You're absolutely right, she's my ex,
and I let her run her own life, poor decisions and all. I don't even
comment on them. But I have to intervene when my son's well-being is at
risk.

Presumably you have an ex or you wouldn't be here. If they were, say,
living in a crackhouse, would you honestly say nothing about it? Would
you just "let him run his own life" or would you tell him your child
wasn't going to be staying over until he cleaned up his act?

She's like a big kid. I got tired of prodding her all of

the time and being painted as the "bad guy" because of it. This is one
reason our marriage didn't work out.

Because you nagged her all the time? Big surprise there.

You're a loon and I'm not going to argue with you.

Secret Asian Man!

Old November 24th 05, 05:53 PM posted to alt.child-support

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

"Secret Asian Man" wrote in message

Now my choices a

1. Call CPS and/or sue for full custody now
2. Release her from our agreement and ask her to take our son half of the
time again
3. Step on her heels about getting rid of the cat and washing the carpet

This woman is depressive and doesn't do much unless someone is prodding
her to do it.

And you think it's YOUR place to do it? What are you, some sort of
control freak? She's your ex - let her run her own life.

=====
Well, Moon, I remember when you refused to let your kids visit their dad at
his house because he had a live-in girlfriend.
=====

Old November 24th 05, 07:17 PM posted to alt.child-support

He also said:

[...]

Now she's free to sleep in cat **** if she wants to, or her own **** for
that matter. I don't care. What I DO care about is that our son doesn't
have to share that fate.

If the home is truly unhealthy, call the health department. It's not that
hard to do. Let it be their call whether it's truly unhealthy, or simply
your need to control your ex.

Truth be told, her apartment doesn't reek as much as it used to. She
opened some windows and dumped a lot of freshener on the carpet. However,
that doesn't make the carpet CLEAN and the ****cat is still in the house.
My personal belief is that she isn't asking for more time with our son
because she's actually more comfortable with the small amount of time she
DOES have him, and continuing to receive the same amoung of child support
she is accustomed to. Why bother cleaning up? That ****cat is giving her
a good excuse to not have to care for her kid three nights a week!

Secret Asian Man!

I'm hard pressed to believe that you ex is living under the conditions you
keep insisting are there.

And if every word he writes is true, Moon, do you think he should take
action to keep his child safe?

Old November 24th 05, 07:22 PM posted to alt.child-support

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message
news

"DB" wrote in message
. net...

"Moon Shyne" wrote in

He also said:

or I start stepping on her heels to
get rid of the cat, wash the carpet, and shoulder some responsibility in
raising our child.

You seem more consumed with the rights of a cat than the health of a
child.

Wrong - I'm concerned about the rights of his ex - doesn't she get to be
in control of her own life?

But wouldn't you do *something* to protect the health of your children were
you in the same position he is now? You wouldn't want your child to play
with racing cars or blocks on a urine-soaked carpet, would you?

Wake up, it's not about control,

Then why does he think it's ok to tell her how to live, if not to exert
control?

But she agrees with him that it needs to be done. She suffers from
depression. People who are chronically depressed often see the right thing
to do but just can't muster the energy or will power to do it. I didn't get
the impression of nagging or controlling from his posts--just concern for
his child's well-being.

it's about doing what is right for the
child or are you so obsessed with hating men you cannot see that?

I don't hate men - I despise people who think they have the right to tell
their ex's what to do or how to live. They lose that right as soon as the
divorce is final.

Old November 24th 05, 08:25 PM posted to alt.child-support

"Secret Asian Man" wrote in message

DB wrote:

"Moon Shyne" wrote in

He also said:

or I start stepping on her heels to
get rid of the cat, wash the carpet, and shoulder some responsibility in
raising our child.

You seem more consumed with the rights of a cat than the health of a
child.

Wake up, it's not about control, it's about doing what is right for the
child or are you so obsessed with hating men you cannot see that?

I am beginning to think that this is exactly what is going on with Moon
Shyne.

I'm sure she isn't aware of it. I've been reading her posts for years. It
seems to me that her opinion is that fathers only exist to impregnate women
and pay them to raise children, otherwise staying silent and invisible
surfacing only when mom needs a babysitter (not always available if mom
doesn't approve of dad) or other needs.
Phil #3

Secret Asian Man!

Old November 24th 05, 09:21 PM posted to alt.child-support

"Moon Shyne" wrote in

I don't hate men - I despise people who think they have the right to tell
their ex's what to do or how to live. They lose that right as soon as the
divorce is final.

No ex's start to control and exercise their right over the other person with
the help of the Government!

Old November 24th 05, 09:22 PM posted to alt.child-support

"Secret Asian Man" wrote in

Because you nagged her all the time? Big surprise there.

You're a loon and I'm not going to argue with you.

Well, she does have 3 cats, what does that say? LOL

Old November 25th 05, 01:36 AM posted to alt.child-support

Moon Shyne wrote:
snip

You tell me, do you think a house with cats ****ing on everything and
carpets reeking of cat waste is a good place for a small kid?

Of course not - ande I also recognize that we only have your side of
this, and there are always 2 sides.

That's true, but can you reasonably expect everyone who posts anything to
this board to get the other side to post as well? Is this your practice?

I suppose

if you were in my shoes you would never have mentioned the problem, eh?

My solution would never be to presume to tell someone else what they can
do in their own home, or to actually consider making CHANGES to someone
else's home.

So what WOULD you do? Let's hear it, O guru!

I would worry about my own life.

For fear of seeming "aggressive"?

When it comes to my kids, I'm as agressive as needs be.

But not if it means working with your ex to get the smell of animal waste
out of their apartment.

Working with someone is a far cry from taking it upon oneself to remove
their pet and clean their carpets.

I pity your kids, then.

For what? My kids are in good shape, having a good time, and despite 3
cats, you never smell any cat odor.

It isn't that hard.

I smell a loon.

And I see that you're a control freak. so?

Secret Asian Man!